KQ: Major Staff Changes Coming

CPJ's problem has been that his choices for defensive coordinator have been öööö already at the time of hire. I still remember people here overlooking Roof's horrendous track record as a DC when he was hired. As it stands now, one more subpar season likely costs CPJ his job (and I am an ardent supporter of his), so might as well swing for the fences one more time.

And do you think a quality asst. coach, knowing CPJ status, is going to come here at this point? Maybe a quality coach, but at the same time unknown coach.

And did not CPJ hire Wommack? That makes 4 hires of DCs.

CPJ is the problem. His O is a farce, no longer entertaining, ST diasasters, ignored D.

Last edited:
What is "CPJ's status"? 2/3 approval of the fanbase? Many coaches would kill for that

I have supported CPJ, but really wonder if defenses have caught up with his offensive schemes. A better D for us would not score sufficient points to carry a season (yes, the occasional pick 6, etc.), but a better D would not typically allow 40 +/- points a game. Perhaps it is time to begin the rebuilding (re-focus) job, but I suspect CPJ will be given one more season to fix things up

I have supported CPJ, but really wonder if defenses have caught up with his offensive schemes. A better D for us would not score sufficient points to carry a season (yes, the occasional pick 6, etc.), but a better D would not typically allow 40 +/- points a game.

Did you watch this season? A better defense and we win 4 of the 6 we lost. (Duke, UVA, Miami, Tennessee). We'd be 9-2

Did you watch this season? A better defense and we win 4 of the 6 we lost. (Duke, UVA, Miami, Tennessee). We'd be 9-2

Yes, I watched, and agree to a point. But, we also scored only 7 points in the last 6 quarters. And, it struck me that other D's were better defensing us. Sure, it could be talent and/or execution. I was just wondering if our base-O has been "figured out." A better passer would have helped.

Did you watch this season? We have the 6th ranked offense in the ACC and the 8th ranked defense. We stunk it up on both sides of the ball almost equally.

And do you think a quality asst. coach, knowing CPJ status, is going to come here at this point? Maybe a quality coach, but at the same time unknown coach.

And did not CPJ hire Wommack? That makes 4 hires of DCs.

CPJ is the problem. His O is a farce, no longer entertaining, ST diasasters, ignored D.
Right on point. How many teams will johnson beat scoring 7 points?? The man is a loser making big time dollars fo doing nothing nthing.

Are you insane?

Obvious: The defense let Miami, Tennessee, and UVA all drive down the field at the end and beat us. 7 bubble screens in a row & jump balls, etc.

The offense scored more frequently on Duke than any team they've played all year. So it wasn't the offense in that game!

Did you watch this season? We have the 6th ranked offense in the ACC and the 8th ranked defense. We stunk it up on both sides of the ball almost equally.

Red zone defense going into today. There is no "130." I agree that the D needs serious attention.

Rank Team G Opp RZAtt Opp RZ Rush TD Opp RZ Pass TD Opp RZ FG Made Opp RZScores Pct

129 Georgia Tech 10 33 10 9 13 32 .970

I told someone when we scored the TD and left time on the clock that Georgia was guaranteed at least 3 points because Roof cannot defend a 2 minute offense.

I hate being right.

Red zone defense going into today. There is no "130." I agree that the D needs serious attention.

129 Georgia Tech 10 33 10 9 13 32 .970

Passing Offense going into today. There is no "15". We are 14th in the ACC. Number 13 has twice our passing yardage.

Passing Offense going into today. There is no "15". We are 14th in the ACC. Number 13 has twice our passing yardage.
Yeah that's fair, judge a rushing offense by comparing its passing to conventional offenses

Yeah that's fair, judge a rushing offense by comparing its passing to conventional offenses

Comparing an offense to ...well...other offenses. Besides, we are cherry picking stats at this point.

Back