KQ: Major Staff Changes Coming

I typically don’t read his stuff, but he’s coming hard tonight. Reading between the lines, it sounds like we should expect changes to the staff on both sides of the ball plus expansions to the recruiting staff (analysts, etc).

Between this news and switching to adidas, I have a faint glimmer of hope that we can do something about the recruiting.

Faint....

I think PJ has to get fired!! What do you expect for Roof to do with 2star recruits? The offense is the problem. We was beating Miami until it started raining and the offense disappeared. Same thing with Virginia. It's time for somebody new!!
Defense disappeared first

I typically don’t read his stuff, but he’s coming hard tonight. Reading between the lines, it sounds like we should expect changes to the staff on both sides of the ball plus expansions to the recruiting staff (analysts, etc).
These are the dreams that will sustain us in the coming months

regarding the D-coord hires: CPJ has said in the past he would've made different hires if not so constrained by budget. (specifically, it was a question about wommack). A big part of the reason we've gotten the guys we have is money. We could fire CTR, but if we don't pony up some cash for a really good DC, we won't get one.

regarding gtaa support: very early on CPJ asked for more recruiting staff, new minors (if not majors), and a larger staff budget. He has literally been campaigning for every thing we bitch about needing after every loss. I think CPJ knows what he's doing, it's just taken way too long for the gtaa to acquiesce. Maybe another coach could do better, but it seems like it'd be a dick move to fire him when he's been trying to remove the biggest obstacles to recruiting.

Triple option defense?
West Virginia runs this crazy 3-3-5 defense. Tom Herman said last week it is like trying to prepare for the triple option since it is something that you only see once a year. But they make it work.

3-3-5 defense from now on. You heard it here first.

West Virginia runs this crazy 3-3-5 defense. Tom Herman said last week it is like trying to prepare for the triple option since it is something that you only see once a year. But they make it work.

3-3-5 defense from now on. You heard it here first.

With our tackling, I'm not sure 9-9-15 would have made much of a difference today or this season.

Back