Larry Munson

Only Munson would die the week leading up to the GT game.
Maybe he gained the ability to see the future in his old age, and when he looked to the game this weekend he died of a heart-attack at the incredible loss we hand the gaggers.

You hate UGA so much you are glad Larry is dead?

RIP Larry. Not all Bulldawgs are horrible people.

Horrible timing, I was hoping UGA would be overlooking this game. Now we will hear endless Larry Munson tribute before/during game.

Larry was entertaining and a great announcer, but the man was a drunk and a degenerate, befitting his bulldog allegiance.

No. We need the Ramblin Wreck to accidentally cut the wheel a little to the right on the way around and run over the mutt during the game. Then it will be perfect.

Best not to waste energy on that. It will die of inbreeding soon enough.

Al Cirado and Larry Munson are both institutions, and I enjoyed listening to both of them growing up in North GA.

I hope the Jackets KILL the Gaggers on Saturday, but I do pray for Larry's family. It is really hard to believe what the gaggers now have as announcers when for so long, they had a classic calling their games. RIP Larry.

This.

I hate U[sic]GA, their fans, and everything about that institution with perhaps the sole exception of Larry Munson. I can't think of a better voice to broadcast college FB. Even if he was a mutt, gotta love the man's passion.

and this.

No. We need the Ramblin Wreck to accidentally cut the wheel a little to the right on the way around and run over the mutt during the game. Then it will be perfect.

My hope for Saturday's entrance:

1. Buzz leads the Wreck onto the field.
2. As mentioned, Buzz runs over the mutt.
3. This catches the eye of the GT po-lice.
4. Buzz gets pulled over on the field.
5. Buzz exits the Wreck with red panties, is handcuffed
6. After exiting the field Buzz' mug shot is displayed on the jumbotron (I'm too lazy to actually superimpose Buzz' face on Evans' mug shot, but you get the idea).

Larry was entertaining and a great announcer, but the man was a drunk and a degenerate, befitting his bulldog allegiance.

Don't know about the degenerate stuff, but I have heard the stories that he was quite a heavy drinker and in private a very bitter, bitter man.
I hate to speak ill of the dead but....

Id expect some of these comments from UGA fans if it was one of ours but still....disappointed.

My hope for Saturday's entrance:

1. Buzz leads the Wreck onto the field.
2. As mentioned, Buzz runs over the mutt.
3. This catches the eye of the GT po-lice.
4. Buzz gets pulled over on the field.
5. Buzz exits the Wreck with red panties, is handcuffed
6. After exiting the field Buzz' mug shot is displayed on the jumbotron (I'm too lazy to actually superimpose Buzz' face on Evans' mug shot, but you get the idea).

Hilarious

Horrible timing, I was hoping UGA would be overlooking this game. Now we will hear endless Larry Munson tribute before/during game.

My guess is that at the very minimum 1/3 of the guys actually playing on Saturday for Georgia either don't know who Larry Munson is or never actually heard him call a game.

If they are/were overlooking us to play in the championship game, then I don't see this changing anything. And if they're stupid enough to look ahead of their in-state rival to "Unknown" the following week, then I like our chances.

Id expect some of these comments from UGA fans if it was one of ours but still....disappointed.

I said he was a world class entertainer! But he was a degenerate, I'm not making a judgment, I am not seeking to punish him for it. Just stating a fact. Not going to whitewash or sanctify someone just because they are dead.

I said he was a world class entertainer! But he was a degenerate, I'm not making a judgment, I am not seeking to punish him for it. Just stating a fact. Not going to whitewash or sanctify someone just because they are dead.

your mom shoulda taught you a lesson when you were little..if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all......

Sorry Larry has died. He deserves a tribute before the game. Play the priceless one where we are beating Georgia to death. I don't remember it all, but he goes on and on about how we are just running all over the Dawgs, "like we're Maryland or Wake Forest". A classic moment in a classic career. We are big enough people to play it as a tribute so that we all can remember the late Dawg great.

Doesn't his son do the advertisements for the Pink Pony?

Can you imagine Wes Durham advocating a whore house?

My guess is that at the very minimum 1/3 of the guys actually playing on Saturday for Georgia either don't know who Larry Munson is or never actually heard him call a game.

If they are/were overlooking us to play in the championship game, then I don't see this changing anything. And if they're stupid enough to look ahead of their in-state rival to "Unknown" the following week, then I like our chances.

are you kidding me?? he has still be heavily involved in the broadcasts--just not from the booth...Id be surprised if every single one of them didn't know him

doing a little research he was an Army vet and served in WWII...just because he got paid $$$ to call Georgia games doesn't mean anything to me--its a job..it's not like he grew up a UGA fan or even cared about them before they hired him.

Back