Larry Munson

A girl was crying in our office this morning because the nutlicker died. I spared her my feeling about the situation.

You all may not remember, but Munson also called Falcons games for a while and was one of the first members of the Braves radio team. He's a state institution. I hate UGA as much as the next person, but I find some of the comments on here about the death of another human being just tasteless. He was also a good friend to Wes Durham and you can believe Wes and Tony will be talking about Munson this week.

I have to confess that I enjoyed hearing Larry call the Tech vs. UGA game, especially when Tech won. I ate lots of his onions too.

The man was a mutt to the core. Despite that, he was very good at his business. There will never be another one like him.

Munson's absence, however, does point out the light-speed descent into putrid-ness that the the U(sic)GA announcing team has taken. They are so bad it is almost laughable.

Thank God for Wes and Rick. For my money they are the best college football announcing team out there today.

The man was a mutt to the core. Despite that, he was very good at his business. There will never be another one like him.

Munson's absence, however, does point out the light-speed descent into putrid-ness that the the U(sic)GA announcing team has taken. They are so bad it is almost laughable.

Thank God for Wes and Rick. For my money they are the best college football announcing team out there today.

Yes, their team on 750 now is a joke. It seriously is hard to listen to, I thought it was some local high school game when I listened to it at first. Zeier's voice comes through sounding like a trucker on a CB.

Al Cirado and Larry Munson are both institutions, and I enjoyed listening to both of them growing up in North GA.

I hope the Jackets KILL the Gaggers on Saturday, but I do pray for Larry's family. It is really hard to believe what the gaggers now have as announcers when for so long, they had a classic calling their games. RIP Larry.
Agreed,always liked it when opponents were kicking hell out of the pups and he was moaning and groning.He was a homer yes,but he paid us attention when we did something good.Prayers to family .

My hope for Saturday's entrance:

1. Buzz leads the Wreck onto the field.
2. As mentioned, Buzz runs over the mutt.
3. This catches the eye of the GT po-lice.
4. Buzz gets pulled over on the field.
5. Buzz exits the Wreck with red panties, is handcuffed
6. After exiting the field Buzz' mug shot is displayed on the jumbotron (I'm too lazy to actually superimpose Buzz' face on Evans' mug shot, but you get the idea).
My hope is tech warms up in the putrid Bengal unis and then goes in and changes toeither the Rossy Blue or Dodd white ones and comes out ,excites the crowd and kicks ass.

You all may not remember, but Munson also called Falcons games for a while and was one of the first members of the Braves radio team. He's a state institution. I hate UGA as much as the next person, but I find some of the comments on here about the death of another human being just tasteless. He was also a good friend to Wes Durham and you can believe Wes and Tony will be talking about Munson this week.
"Shot gun-Red gun"
For what is worth, not much, I enjoyed listening to Munson on the radio when I would be on the dove field with all my mutt buddies. Back then I couldn't get any Tech radio in these parts.

Say what you will about Larry as a Bulldog, the man was a classic and will always be remembered as one.

Some of my favorite calls of Tech wins over UGA are from a dejected Larry Munson.

We'll always have WFOMOS.

RIP Larry Munson.

regarding the desire for a Buzz parody of the Evans event:

They should just have a "Remember don't drink and drive!" jumbotron message from an Evans look-a-like with red panties taped to his forehead.

regarding Munson:

Seemed to be a pretty good guy. Probably his time to go. I hope his family was prepared, but death can sometimes be freeing for all involved.

November 29, 2008: GT:45 UGAG:42...and...The day Larry Munson retired.

GT will beat UGA on 11/26.

the parallels just get curiouser and curiouser.

It's simple, really. I just don't care. I don't have a feeling about his death one way or the other. I hated him while he was alive and that's where it ends.

Bulldawgs inspired by his death? I remember the touching retirement ceremony at halftime of the 2008 game in Athens. We rallied to win that game, starting with our first play of the 2nd half. In case we are losing at halftime on Saturday, maybe we should offer some time to UGA to have a memorial service.
That's a great idea!! Also remember on that great November day in Athens,ugay unvield their statue to Vince D.

Munson dying provides no motivation to this group. Now if Soulja Boy happens to pass away, we are f**ked!

Go Jackets!

Believe me, Munson had NO respect for Ga Tech and run them down every chance he got. Also remember that he actively persued Wes to be the next Ugay play by play man after Munson retired, even while he was working as Tech's play by play guy!

he was a great announcer.... if you like the play being described AFTER it was over. He couldn't even carry AC's jockstrap.

Back