Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

CPJ has had to deal with the explosion of the SEC in the media. It's been ridiculous ever since 2007 or so. RIDICULOUS.

The velocity of the explosion is almost equivalent to the speed of the SEC itself!

Cyclical and öööö.

The extra game against a weak opponent makes comparing overall records very difficult. Without which, we would have a losing record 2 out of the last 3 years. People somehow forget that the season was 11 games instead of 12. If those 7-5 years were 8-5, would Chan have been fired?

If we got rid of the MTSU game for the last three years, we would still only have a losing record in one of the last three years, and we would've had an additional year with a winning record. So, there's that.

2004 (6-5, 4-4) and 2005 (7-4, 5-3) were the only seasons of the six that we only played 11 regular season games. We won the bowl game in 04 and lost in 05, so those are the two 7-5 seasons that would've become 8-5 if we won an additional easy game. It would not change the fact that we only had a winning conference record 2 times out of six. You seem to think that other people only look at the final records rather than the product on the field and the nature of the wins and losses.

I think he would have had another year with 6 more wins on his resume. The primary argument against him was that he was mediocre and we'd only have 6 or 7 wins. What is our total of official ACC championships with Johnson as coach? I guess one bowl win and one win over Georgia really go a long way.

:rolleyes:

Somehow Stanford and Notre Dame do well with tight academic standards.
Since GOL left, GT is 86-60. In that same period, ND has gone 84-52 and Stanford's record is 68-65. Somehow, they're doing about as well as we are.

Gailey was nowhere near as good as CPJ, imo. CPJ has had to deal with the explosion of the SEC in the media. It's been ridiculous ever since 2007 or so. RIDICULOUS.

Dude,

The success of the SEC is not nor should be a factor in the success of GT football. We play one or two SEC teams ech year. The Dogs, who own us and maybe a patsy, like Mrs. State. u jealousbro?

Dude,

The success of the SEC is not nor should be a factor in the success of GT football. We play one or two SEC teams ech year. The Dogs, who own us and maybe a patsy, like Mrs. State. u jealousbro?

Tech has a pretty good record against the SEC* over the last decade. Sure, some games were against Piss State and Vandy but we also took the Auburn series.

*outside of one particular team

It's not a cheap shot, you're the douchebag. The title was taken from us.
which wasn't CPJ's fault, he won the title, GTAA lost it.

And yes you are being a douche in addition to being a retart.

CPJ is making changes to try to find a winning formula. That alone should give CPJ more time. If it gets to the point where he has exhausted his options, then it will be time to replace him. But, until then, he brings too much hope to the program to jump off the bandwagon now.

Roof/Pelton should improve defense/recruiting. Expanding the recruiting footprint shows too much promise to quit now. Two QBs that have the sky as their limit came here to play for CPJ. The Hill seems to be budging a little on academic offerings. New S&C coach has shown improvement in players' strength. Last 3 recruiting classes are better than the first 3, and the class sizes have finally evened out so that the redshirt philosophy should start producing benefits.

There are just too many changes/advancements taking place to pull the cord now. W/L records sometimes lag performance. Just show better execution on offense, anything more than a pulse on defense, and improved special teams, and the wins will come. This year might not be a 10-win year, but there is so much room for improvement from last year that Tech could fail to reach 10 wins and still have an improved season. If that happens, then I will be satisfied.

CPJ is making changes to try to find a winning formula. That alone should give CPJ more time. If it gets to the point where he has exhausted his options, then it will be time to replace him. But, until then, he brings too much hope to the program to jump off the bandwagon now.

Roof/Pelton should improve defense/recruiting. Expanding the recruiting footprint shows too much promise to quit now. Two QBs that have the sky as their limit came here to play for CPJ. The Hill seems to be budging a little on academic offerings. New S&C coach has shown improvement in players' strength. Last 3 recruiting classes are better than the first 3, and the class sizes have finally evened out so that the redshirt philosophy should start producing benefits.

There are just too many changes/advancements taking place to pull the cord now. W/L records sometimes lag performance. Just show better execution on offense, anything more than a pulse on defense, and improved special teams, and the wins will come. This year might not be a 10-win year, but there is so much room for improvement from last year that Tech could fail to reach 10 wins and still have an improved season. If that happens, then I will be satisfied.

Guys, this, THIS is the year. We have a senior laden team, talent and depth on the O-line and talent and depth at QB, if not an abundance of experience. Decent talent on D as well. Bringing in Roof was a great move and we should win a minimum of 10 games....and maybe even more.

Of course, key injuries and bad luck could screw the season, but this is the year PJ has been building for.

Guys, this, THIS is the year. We have a senior laden team, talent and depth on the O-line and talent and depth at QB, if not an abundance of experience. Decent talent on D as well. Bringing in Roof was a great move and we should win a minimum of 10 games....and maybe even more.

Of course, key injuries and bad luck could screw the season, but this is the year PJ has been building for.

I think the point is that all of this building needs to show results now, not later. There simply isn't time for more excuses, you can't blame D coordinators forever. Another 7-7 or 6-7 season is simply not acceptable in your 6th year. The same decision we made with Gailey. Attendance last year was pathetic and not generating fan excitement with a bad start is a killer.

I hope he is on top of it, but the last three seasons have been mediocre at best. It's time to put up or shut up.

I think GT has been "building" for more than a decade. Let's call it what it is... GT will not oversign when it has the chance and in some years cannot fill all of the spots with FBS tallent. Chan showed his cards in 06. Johnson will be here a long time if he can squeak out another win over ugag sometime soon.

Yes, there have been changes, including a new DC coordinator 3 years ago. 8 wins is a minimum to me. By your logic, as long as he keeps making changes that could be deemed positive, he should stay. Losing Patrick Nix didn't save Gailey and I expect the same accountability now.

It's simple really. CPJ has demonstrated he can win with a handful of game breakers mixed with a bunch of role players. His early classes we devoid of game breakers. That plus the exodus of inherited game breakers all in the same year created a "game breaker vacuum."

Well, we seem to have some guys ready to step up and assume the position. We'll see if they do. It could very well mean CPJ's future on the flats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFm48Mt028

Do we have anyone on our team that resembles a real football player anymore? I can't point to one guy and say..."man, that dude's a bonafide badass".

I'm sick of watching the pipsqueaks on Paul Johnson's teams getting pushed around and body slammed by football players of substantial size. It used to not happen....even when we did go 7-5 (like we did in this video) but I guarantee you we weren't pushed around in the UGA game that year.

If Paul Johnson keeps trotting out munchkin land players and gets thrashed by Miami, BYU, and Georgia again, I say we get rid of him.

Hate to bring it up, but we have to worry about the mtsu's of the world. And not just losing the game - but getting totally ass whipped.

Back