Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

What coach is coming to Tech that's better than CPJ? one good year and they are jumping ship if so, when did we start defending CCG like he was this 5-star recruiting coaching mastermind bringing in 10 blue-chippers a year? he had one or two 4 stars a year? God I love the offseason talk... take your pick:

6 seasons @ Tech
won more than 7 games ONCE
went .500 in conference 4/6 years
0-6 vs. UGA
slightly above mediocre recruits
His only good season was a total massive fail job in the clutch, win any of the last 3 games and good season for program, found a way to blow them ALL.

5 seasons @ Tech
won more than 7 games 3/5 years
winning record in conference 4/5 years
Conference division title 3/5 years
ACC Title/BCS Bowl
1-4 vs. UGA
mediocre recruits

Tie yourself down to whatever chair you're sitting in, because this post is going to be a rough ööööing ride.

For those of you that have your heads stuck under rocks, which apparently is the majority of this messageboard, we have been ööööING UP in terms of discussing football and general social interactions with each other. I've been getting texts on texts about people LITERALLY being so ööööing AWKWARD and so ööööing BORING. If you're reading this right now and saying to yourself "But oh em gee Diseqc, I've been having so much fun with my fellow STers this week!", then punch yourself in the face right now so that I don't have to ööööing find you on campus to do it myself.

I do not give a flying öööö, and Vad Lee does not give a flying öööö, about how much you ööööing love to talk to your STers. You have 361 days out of the ööööing year to talk to sisters, and this week is NOT, I ööööing repeat NOT ONE OF THEM. This week is about fostering relationships in the messageboard community, and that's not ööööing possible if you're going to stand around and talk to each other about politics and news and not about spring game. Newsflash you stupid cocks: FOOTBALL PLAYERS DON'T LIKE BORING POSTERS. Oh wait, DOUBLE ööööING NEWSFLASH: VAD LEE IS NOT GOING TO WANT TO HANG OUT WITH US IF WE ööööING SUCK, which by the way in case you're an idiot and need it spelled out for you, WE ööööING SUCK SO FAR.

This also applies to you little öööös that have talked openly about UGA football IN FRONT OF GT FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Are you people ööööing retarded? That's not a rhetorical question, I LITERALLY want you to email me back telling me if you're mentally slow so I can make sure you don't go to anymore night time events. If Vad Lee openly said "Yeah we're gonna invite Aaron Murray over", would you be happy? WOULD YOU? No you wouldn't, so WHY THE öööö WOULD YOU DO IT TO THEM?? IN FRONT OF THEM?!! First of all, you SHOULDN'T be talking about UGA, I don't give a öööö if your boyfriend goes there, if your brother goes there, or if your entire family is alumni. YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT UGA FOOTBALL. YOU. DON'T. TALK. ABOUT. UGA. FOOTBALL. And you ESPECIALLY do ööööing NOT convince other poster to talk about it with you.

"But Diseqc!", you say in a whiny little bitch voice to your computer screen as you read this post, "I've been cheering on our teams at all the sports, doesn't that count for something?" NO YOU STUPID ööööING ASS HATS, IT ööööING DOESN'T. DO YOU WANNA KNOW ööööING WHY?!! IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN ööööING UP ON OTHER THRADS TOO. I've not only gotten texts about people being ööööing WEIRD at sports (for example, being stupid öööös and saying stuff like "where's the 110V come from?" is not ööööing funny), but I've gotten texts about people actually cheering for the opposing team. The opposing. ööööing. Team. ARE YOU ööööING STUPID?!! I don't give a öööö about sportsmanship, YOU CHEER FOR OUR ööööööö TEAM AND NOT THE OTHER ONE, HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN TO A SPORTS GAME? ARE YOU ööööING BLIND? Or are you just so ööööing dense about what it means to make people like you that you think being a good little supporter of the StingTalk community is going to make our matchup happy? Well it's time someone told you, NO ONE ööööING LIKES THAT, ESPECIALLY OUR ööööING MATCHUP. I will ööööing öööö punt the next person I hear about doing something like that, and I don't give a öööö if you bigcry me, I WILL ööööING ASSAULT YOU.

"Ohhh, I'm now crying because your post has made me oh so so sad". Well good. If this email applies to you in any way, meaning if you are a little asswipe that stands in the corners at night or if you're a weird öööö that does weird öööö during the day, this following message is for you:

DO NOT GO TO TONIGHT'S SPRING GAME.

I'm not ööööing kidding. Don't go. Seriously, if you have done ANYTHING I've mentioned in this email and have some rare disease where you're unable to NOT do these things, then you are HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE PR FOR THIS MESSAGEBOARD. I would rather have 40 posters that are fun, talk to each other, and not ööööing awkward than 80 that are ööööing ööögots. If you are one of the people that have told me "Oh nooo boo hoo I can't talk about football I'm too sober", then I pity you because I don't know how you got this far in life, and with that in mind don't ööööing show up unless you're going to stop being a ööööööö cock block for our board. Seriously. I swear to ööööing God if I see anyone being a ööööööö boner at tonight's event, I will tell you to leave even if you're sober. I'm not even kidding. Try me.

And for those of you who are offended at this email, I would apologize but I really don't give a öööö. Go öööö yourself.

-Diseqc

Haha where did this come from? I agree with it because I think Tech fans are pretty pretentious when it comes to football, for no reason. But seriously, where did this come from?

At the time, I was fully ready for Gailey to go.

Looking back, maybe it was a hasty decision. I'd like to have seen what he could accomplish with the 2007 recruiting class.

His main problem was hiring horrible and/or boring offensive coordinators. Pat Nix and John Bond? Are you ööööting me? Who the öööö are these dudes?

If he was a little more aggressive on offense (like his defense unquestionably was), he'd have had greater success. He'd still probably have left us for an NFL job sooner rather than later.

The problem is that with Gailey I never truly had hope that things would get much better. It wasn't because of talent (that '06 team was stacked), it was because of his coaching, play calling, and demeanor.

Even though CPJ has been about equivalent to Gailey so far minus his second year, I still have hope for the future under him. In fact, I have hopes for a good to great season this year parlaying into an excellent season next year with an experienced QB.

Now, if we look this season like we did last season then my opinion will probably begin to change. But I don't think that will happen.

I never said W-L is not an indicator of coaching performance. I said it was not the SOLE indicator and went on to give other things to look at. For example, I pointed to whether the coach seemed to be satisfied or dissatisfied with bad records in terms of making changes and the quality of the wins.

Honey, I never said you was ugly, I said that dress makes you LOOK ugly.
:wink:

The problem is that with Gailey I never truly had hope that things would get much better. It wasn't because of talent (that '06 team was stacked), it was because of his coaching, play calling, and demeanor.

Even though CPJ has been about equivalent to Gailey so far minus his second year, I still have hope for the future under him. In fact, I have hopes for a good to great season this year parlaying into an excellent season next year with an experienced QB.

Now, if we look this season like we did last season then my opinion will probably begin to change. But I don't think that will happen.

Thank You !!

Gailey won 9 games once and was 7-5 or 7-6 every other year. He was 4-4 in the ACC four times. CPJ has finished 4-4 in the ACC once, and has won more than 7 games 3/5 seasons.

I wouldn't call that about equivalent, especially considering Gailey went 14-10 with Calvin Johnson over a two year period.

Gailey won 9 games once and was 7-5 or 7-6 every other year. He was 4-4 in the ACC four times. CPJ has finished 4-4 in the ACC once, and has won more than 7 games 3/5 seasons.

I wouldn't call that about equivalent, especially considering Gailey went 14-10 with Calvin Johnson over a two year period.

The extra game against a weak opponent makes comparing overall records very difficult. Without which, we would have a losing record 2 out of the last 3 years. People somehow forget that the season was 11 games instead of 12. If those 7-5 years were 8-5, would Chan have been fired?

The extra game against a weak opponent makes comparing overall records very difficult. Without which, we would have a losing record 2 out of the last 3 years. People somehow forget that the season was 11 games instead of 12. If those 7-5 years were 8-5, would Chan have been fired?

Uh, yes? Career (@GT) totals of no ACC championships, no bowl wins, no wins over your rival, then playing a whole season with a straight face and Taylor Bennett at QB = fired.

Uh, yes? Career (@GT) totals of no ACC championships, no bowl wins, no wins over your rival, then playing a whole season with a straight face and Taylor Bennett at QB = fired.

I think he would have had another year with 6 more wins on his resume. The primary argument against him was that he was mediocre and we'd only have 6 or 7 wins. What is our total of official ACC championships with Johnson as coach? I guess one bowl win and one win over Georgia really go a long way.

No bowl wins?

You sure about that?

I think he would have had another year with 6 more wins on his resume. The primary argument against him was that he was mediocre and we'd only have 6 or 7 wins. What is our total of official ACC championships with Johnson as coach? I guess one bowl win and one win over Georgia really go a long way.

We have 1 ACC championship under CPJ. If you feel otherwise...

kobe_angry.gif

EDIT: In any event, I forget why what CPJ is doing is relevant to whether Gailey would or should have been fired. Even if it were, plenty of people on here say that CPJ is cruising for a pink slip as well.

We have 1 ACC championship under CPJ. If you feel otherwise...

EDIT: In any event, I forget why what CPJ is doing is relevant to whether Gailey would or should have been fired. Even if it were, plenty of people on here say that CPJ is cruising for a pink slip as well.

Where's our trophy?

CPJ is 21-19 over the last 3 years. Don't you think that is a sign of trouble?

Where's our trophy?

BooThisMan.gif

Yeah, I do. I've seen a lot of things I would consider signs of trouble. I'm on the record in a previous thread stating he's on a path to being fired, based on analysis of his 5 year PFEI. Why is it relevant to the discussion about Gailey though?

Where's our trophy?

It's been the sign of bad defense and some öööö luck. CPJ hired an experienced, NFL-caliber DC. It didn't pan out. His starting QB got knocked out of a game we were controlling and that put us in a bind. This kind of stuff can throw a program like Tech's in a tailspin because Tech doesn't attract the kind of depth we see at other schools.

These aren't excuses. This is reality. Change has to either happen in the institution's academic offerings and allowances or you and the rest of the bigcry crew get it through your skulls that this program isn't going to succeed through traditional means. CPJ is crafty as hell. He's going to figure the öööö out. The QB talent is off the charts right now. Our defense is hungry. My wager with you still stands. We'll have 10 wins this year.

It's been the sign of bad defense and some öööö luck. CPJ hired an experienced, NFL-caliber DC. It didn't pan out. His starting QB got knocked out of a game we were controlling and that put us in a bind. This kind of stuff can throw a program like Tech's in a tailspin because Tech doesn't attract the kind of depth we see at other schools.

These aren't excuses. This is reality. Change has to either happen in the institution's academic offerings and allowances or you and the rest of the bigcry crew get it through your skulls that this program isn't going to succeed through traditional means. CPJ is crafty as hell. He's going to figure the öööö out. The QB talent is off the charts right now. Our defense is hungry. My wager with you still stands. We'll have 10 wins this year.

Maybe, and I hope we do. As weak as the ACC is now, we should win 10 games, but if we win less than 8, I expect the riot act.

We didn't allow Gailey to use flunkgate as an excuse. That was reality also. Somehow Stanford and Notre Dame do well with tight academic standards. There has also been some movement on course offerings. It will never be to the extent of a UGA, no matter how much football fans bitch about it. Speaking of big cry. We're simply not going to sell our souls to become a football factory. Something CPJ seems to have adapted to by expanding his recruiting base outside of the Southeast where kids aren't taught that making the NFL is akin to winning the lottery.

I agree with you, 92. And I do think expanding the recruiting footprint is a big step in the right direction.

Not sure why he's only graded on the last three years. He's been here five.

If you go back and cherry pick the worst 3 year span of Boddy Dodd's career, it looks pretty bad, too.

(Btw, here it is: 15 - 13 - 3, '57 - '59)

It takes a while to figure out how to win at GT. It's not like any other FBS school. As we all know, it has unique challenges. What I see is a head coach making changes each year to figure it out. Bringing back Roof is one of them and it has an added bonus, he knows GT. He knows how to recruit and he knows what kind of players can succeed here.

Oh and btw, Roof said recently that 40% of the guys on O'leary's team would have been admitted by today's standards. Accounting for exaggeration, that tells me it's gotten even tougher to recruit GT.

Gailey was nowhere near as good as CPJ, imo. CPJ has had to deal with the explosion of the SEC in the media. It's been ridiculous ever since 2007 or so. RIDICULOUS.

Back