Latest rumor is Godsey was offered multi year OC contract

cyptomcat

Hibernating
I don't get why a NFL OC would take a college OC job; but, from our perspective, it can't be worse than who we have.

I would also not mind giving him couple years as HC after Collins is gone.

Just avoid big long-term contracts, Stansbury, I'm looking at you.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
I'm probably going to catch fresh hell for this but help me understand why it has to be a Tech guy. Looking at our track history, every time we've tried to hire someone that previously played at Tech its been very underwhelming or a downright failure as either HC or as a coordinator. Curry, Fulcher, Pepper, Roof X 2.

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
I'm probably going to catch fresh hell for this but help me understand why it has to be a Tech guy. Looking at our track history, every time we've tried to hire someone that previously played at Tech its been very underwhelming or a downright failure as either HC or as a coordinator. Curry, Fulcher, Pepper, Roof X 2.
Too much pressure, maybe? Just bad timing, idk.

G776T

Not pastor material.
Would certainly have the makings for an offense/defense split, and of course if we suck goose gets the job.

Not sure why goose would take this though, dolphins doing a little better, still technically in the playoff hunt, albeit a long shot. If he leaves mid-season that would have to burn some bridges, and we couldn't afford to wait till after the NFL season to announce I wouldn't think

ricejacket

Damn Good Rat
Curry did a good/great job considering what he inherited.

GT98

Dodd-Like
If he leaves mid-season that would have to burn some bridges, and we couldn't afford to wait till after the NFL season to announce I wouldn't think
Why would he have to leave towards the NFL season? The last coach that GT got from the Dolphins stayed and I remember seeing broadcasts where it was pointed out that he would be the GT head coach soon. But leaving for a coordinator position wouldn't necessitate quitting and leaving with games still to play.

Similarly, Goose, if hired can finish the Dolphins season and then join the staff in plenty of time to evaluate and try to improve during spring practice/offseason.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
When was the last time Goose made a recruiting visit? That’s my biggest worry.

G776T

Not pastor material.
Why would he have to leave towards the NFL season? The last coach that GT got from the Dolphins stayed and I remember seeing broadcasts where it was pointed out that he would be the GT head coach soon. But leaving for a coordinator position wouldn't necessitate quitting and leaving with games still to play.

Similarly, Goose, if hired can finish the Dolphins season and then join the staff in plenty of time to evaluate and try to improve during spring practice/offseason.
He couldn't recruit, and how does it look to the team and fans to accept an at best lateral move, midseason. I'd say dolphins ownership sends him walking rather than finish the season.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
This has "head coach in waiting" with the right performance all over it

If the future could be guaranteed to turn out the way it was when O'Leary was promoted from DC I will take it