Latest rumor is Godsey was offered multi year OC contract

I'm there with you. We need an AD and a HC that are actively following college football, and can spot up and coming candidates rather than going to the good old contacts list.
Up and coming.....like Patenuade?

I live in Houston and I wouldn't judge anyone on their performance with the Texans. Organizational dysfunction doesn't even begin to describe the ööööshow going on there.

What should we judge him on though? The best I've got is that Belichick seemingly thought he was good enough to keep on as as assistant for multiple years.

This has "appease an angry fanbase with nostalgia" written all over it.
1638297891865.gif

Your post just needed the gif.

What should we judge him on though? The best I've got is that Belichick seemingly thought he was good enough to keep on as as assistant for multiple years.
I'd say his time in Miami (which hasn't been great just looking at the numbers). Not saying he's going to light the world on fire here but don't read anything into what he did in Houston.

If there wasn't the Tech connection, I doubt a middling NFL OC would be near the top of our wish list. Maybe he ends up being great, but there's no evidence of that in the offensive output of his teams so far.
If GT is looking at NFL OC's, give me someone like Byron Leftwich.

I don't care about the GT connection, I want someone that is successful.

Hire Godsey for offensive coordinator and tell Jeff Collins his new job is to sit in the stands and cheer—-but under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is he to offer any advice regarding play calling or the instruction of players.

Wish we could look outside the alumni database for coaches. This will not end well, as usual.

My post from 2018 (not sure how to share that post). The person I spoke to ended up on the current staff (and is still here), as are several others of the names he mentioned. Interesting that they might be one step closer. I didn't mention below, but he mentioned at the time that some of the money guys were behind it. When I bumped into him at fan day, he mentioned they couldn't pull Goose from the NFL at the time...

Sep 18, 2018
Randomly bumped into and talked to a former player, and current coach at another college, on the golf course this past summer. He said there is a collective of former GT players who are all currently coaching elsewhere that remain in contact. Their goal is to all end back up at GT with Goose as the head coach. Was very serious about it. Don't know how they would do, or if they would even be given a shot, but they are certainly trying to put themselves in position to be a part of the discussion.

Report Edit Delete

Love the Goose. This is the wrong hire. If he didn’t play for GT, everyone would agree he is not the right fit.

I’m still hoping TStan gets his ego in check and fires GC.

How is a middling NFL OC not the right fit for our OC?? I would take any semi-successful NFL OC that is willing come here and be our OC regardless of what college they attended (except UGA). I think if Godsey didn't play for GT, you and everyone else would be ok with this hire. Any NFL OC should be a colossal improvement over Pnope. Imagine, we might actually get an OC that doesn't freeze up in the redzone. I could even see him lighting CBK on fire if that show doesn't improve drastically. He would instantly have the most expertise of any coach on our current staff. No need to hate him just because he was here as a player.

Back