Latest rumor is Godsey was offered multi year OC contract

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I just want to hire the best guy. If it’s Goose, that’s fine. Maybe has strings attached. He should at least know how to run a practice.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
What are you basing your opinion on?

The legwork and numbers for the improved OL recruiting have been noted here extensively already. Now can he coach them up? That's an argument you could make, but there's no doubt he's improved our OL recruiting to new levels. If you read KQ's stuff, many linemen talk about how great of a coach Key is and how they'd love to play for him. He was under Saban for years, he's got a record of putting guys in the league.
Did you watch the last 3 Games?

Did you watch the Miami Game, the Pitt Game, the Duke Game?

I'm looking at what goes on on the field and how it compares to the DLines we play against.

IMO CBK was the clearly the worst asst. Coach and should've been the first fired.

Watch the Games.

Vespid

Billy Jacks Illegitimate Son
Sark was calling plays behind Saban's Blue Chip Recruits at OLine!

Honestly, do you think CBK is the answer at OL coach for GT FB?

Aha, gotcha posts only work when they are done in the proper context

Great sense of humor though!
But that's not what you said. You said, "Being an NFL OC won't make their Play Calls work behind a CBK led OLine." If I'm not mistaken, Brent Key did in fact, coach that line, regardless of what color their chips were coming out of HS. Pretty sure two or three of the guys on that line ended up getting NFL paychecks. . Not a stretch to surmise maybe he had something to do with that and he might be pretty good with kids whose body types project to the next level. Those are the ones we are trying to get, right? Maybe Brent can use THAT tape on his next recruiting trip. Our true Freshman center who had to start the last two games seemed to acquit himself pretty well considering who he had to line up against.

IDK if Brent is going to pan out or not. I do know a lot of people who know football appear to think pretty highly of him. His specific task here truly is a long haul project, to put things into context. It is challenging as fans not to get discouraged and get impatient when the tide doesn't turn in our favor as quickly as we would like, especially right after our hated rival takes us to the woodshed. Many of the early returns have been poor if not downright ugly, and I understand that, but there is reason for hope. Apparently Todd has the green light to open the purse strings to attract some top 20 coordinators with a top 20 pay scale. Marry that with our uptick in recruiting and I'm interested to see where that goes.

Last edited:

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
I'm probably going to catch fresh hell for this but help me understand why it has to be a Tech guy. Looking at our track history, every time we've tried to hire someone that previously played at Tech its been very underwhelming or a downright failure as either HC or as a coordinator. Curry, Fulcher, Pepper, Roof X 2.
TChoice has done well imo.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
God I wish we had hired Whisenhunt instead of Gef.
I think about that sometimes. I think we'd be a dull 5-7 type team by now. Recruiting would probably be worse (but somewhat improved from CPJ). Execution would probably be better.

I still like the Geoff plan. I think the mistake was not insisting upon good assistants from day 1 and begging the donors for the money then.

Then again, you never know. If he convinced the right QB to come in, we maybe could have gotten a couple good seasons out of him.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Hopefully if he comes here, he’ll be in Geoffs ear some and baby sit concerning game management and timeouts

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
What are you basing your opinion on?

The legwork and numbers for the improved OL recruiting have been noted here extensively already. Now can he coach them up? That's an argument you could make, but there's no doubt he's improved our OL recruiting to new levels. If you read KQ's stuff, many linemen talk about how great of a coach Key is and how they'd love to play for him. He was under Saban for years, he's got a record of putting guys in the league.
I'm basing my opinions on my eyes, the things I see from our OLs and the things I don't see from them.

I don't see quickness, controlled violence, explosiveness from any OL that has played in the last 3 years.

With all the guys we have as Reserves on the OLine that are 6-4 & up and weigh over 310lbs, if they had anything upside at all we would have already seen them, especially in an Era of play-4 Games and keep your RS.

Our young OLs looked really bad, our starting OLs looked really bad, usually, you're either quick or powerful as an OLineman, our OLs are neither quick, nor are they powerful.

If you're 6-7 310lbs like a Wing Green for example and you're in your 2nd yr out of HS and have been lifting and living & breathing CFB for 20 straight months , you should be able to get into a Game and block somebody. 2 straight years of CBK's tutelage and none of the young guys are ready to hit someone 12 inch away?

Our OLs looked more unprepared for Games than the OLs I saw when I watched G5 Games on TV (the G5 games were easy to find because the ACC Games are nowhere to found on local TV)

To summarize, it shouldn't take 4 years of OL coaching to show aggression and "want-to".

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I think about that sometimes. I think we'd be a dull 5-7 type team by now. Recruiting would probably be worse (but somewhat improved from CPJ). Execution would probably be better.

I still like the Geoff plan. I think the mistake was not insisting upon good assistants from day 1 and begging the donors for the money then.

Then again, you never know. If he convinced the right QB to come in, we maybe could have gotten a couple good seasons out of him.
I’m fine with giving the original assistants a shot. If the panned out, we would have looked like geniuses. Year 1 was going to be a ööööshow regardless. We could have maybe transitioned to a pistol or shotgun open team, but that would have delayed the inevitable. Year 2, especially with Covid, was going to be a crapshoot. We got players and stepped forward. Year 3, we had enough players to evaluate the coordinators. We didn’t look good. They got replaced. It’s football. CGC mishandled the fans and got burned. He can get better or the AD/assistants can field more questions. It’s fixable.

Get some quality coordinators and show some hope to the fanbase.
I would also look to squeeze in some creampuffs for 2023. Shoot, I would try to replace Ole Miss or UCF next year with the worst team I could find. Pay Ole Miss to delay and take a trip to Uconn. Maybe give Ole Miss two home games to wait.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

uga is playing for the CFP with stetson bennett at QB.

Please share with us what the right QB would've done behind an OLine so poor that a laid back Guy like Gibbs wanted to transfer?

Back to the ol' blame the QB game huh?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
just open up the wallets and bring on Cutcliffe as Offensive Coordinator
I have a better idea.

Hire Coach Cut as a "consultant" and have him work with QBs in the film room , that way he doesn't count against our 10 man on field coaching staff, then we have him work with our QBs at our IPF and make sure the marketing & hype machine doesn't film anything.

Voila!

Best of both worlds!

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I would also look to squeeze in some creampuffs for 2023. Shoot, I would try to replace Ole Miss or UCF next year with the worst team I could find. Pay Ole Miss to delay and take a trip to Uconn. Maybe give Ole Miss two home games to wait.
UCF canceled a game with us for no reason a few years ago and an SEC team canceled a game with us unilaterally last season. Just drop both games and line up replacements.
There is no reason to ever play SEC teams that voted to keep us from rejoining the conference.