Lawson

Why did Gailey seem to consistently underperform on the field....with his recruiting results?

Was it Gailey or Giff Smith that was really responsible for the recruiting results?

He didn't really underperform. His only great class was 07 and he got canned before he got a chance to really work with those guys. CPJ reaped the rewards 2 years later

Last edited:
I heard UGA has offered or will offer Custis soon since they aren't feeling good about Kamara or recently offered RB Jonathon Ford. That would be interesting.

I heard UGA has offered or will offer Custis soon since they aren't feeling good about Kamara or recently offered RB Jonathon Ford. That would be interesting.

A person of integrity would take the UGA offer and wipe their ass with it. I'm not worried.

Heard they are about to double-down on Devine as well.
Talking about breaking out a free scooter offer plus having his way with Richt's wife for a season.

if u believe rankings. gailey was far better finding underrated pieces than pj. guys like wheeler guyton k hall oliver etc. so for that up to now he was a better recruiter. its not just rankings its evaluation.

but i still would rather have pj coach my team.

I think it's hard to say if the current staff is finding more or less underrated pieces than Gailey's. Those underrated types are ones that you can fit into your system and coach up, just so happens the current offensive system doesn't connect to the NFL so those underrated players we coach up on that side don't go to it and we don't get the primary method people use to gauge whether someone turned out to be "underrated".

On the defensive side I think the talent is better than many think but it hasn't shown on the field cause of the debacle that has been the defensive coaching. Hell even TJ Barnes got an invite to the Combine.

it might be worth mentioning that we had recruiting restrictions that Gailey also had to deal with that really were no fault of his.

6 less scholarships per year

The most damaging part of the penalties, at least from a practical sense, is the football scholarship reductions. Georgia Tech self-imposed a reduction in six scholarship offerings for the 2005 and 2006 recruiting classes. In essence, they signed 19 high school seniors to scholarships this February instead of the usual 25.

The scholarship limits did not translate to six fewer players on scholarship this season, just six fewer true freshmen. Georgia Tech has 83 scholarship players on this year's team, two shy of the NCAA maximum of 85.

The penalty levied Thursday will require the Yellow Jackets to carry 79 scholarship players each of the next two years.

"It will hurt more because of the 79," Braine said. "We're usually at 81 or 82. You can figure it will hurt with two or three less scholarships."

Football coach Chan Gailey was preparing for Thursday afternoon's practice when the NCAA findings were released. He spoke to reporters afterwards but said he needed some time to think over the penalties and how they will impact his program.

why do you guys to this to me? You know I'm a helpless optimist?!?!

Holy God! I'll take back every bad recruiting thing I ever said about CPJ if this happens!!!

C'mon. I've seen this movie before. There's a lot of build up that the good guys will win but everyone dies at the end and nothing good happens. Would it be awesome? Yes, therefore it will not happen. It amazes me how often we forget the school/team we like is GT, with everything that fact entails.

C'mon. I've seen this movie before. There's a lot of build up that the good guys will win but everyone dies at the end and nothing good happens. Would it be awesome? Yes, therefore it will not happen. It amazes me how often we forget the school/team we like is GT, with everything that fact entails.

After years of being kicked in the balls repeatedly as a GT fan, this pretty much sums up how I feel.

But stranger things have happened. That Stefon Diggs kid who was a five star went to the dumpster fire that is Maryland. With this kid we have his favorite two coaches and his dad played for Tech. I bet he grew up a Tech fan.

Back