Lawson

I think the quote in there is pretty funny that "we met with Ted Roof and Paul Johnson....We really like Mike Pelton and Ted Roof".

Kinda funny he left PJ out of the "we really like" sentence.

Anywho, it is also very interesting how we expanded his top 3 to include GT after one unofficial visit. You don't see recruits often expand what they have already spend a year narrowing down on.

I think we seeing Roof and Pelton's impact on recruiting already even if we do not land him. Potential is there.

He still has to visit Auburn again. When they pull out that $$$ We will see what happens

Unfortunately, this.

Although, Lawson is really pissed off at Rodney Gardner who is now at Auburn from UGA because he totally brushed Lawson off at UGA and didn't decide he was worthy of an offer until very late for UGA.

Gardner is going to have a very hard time explaining that one.

Everything about it screams courtesy visit. I'd give it less than a 1% chance he is even considering Tech.

Everything about it screams courtesy visit. I'd give it less than a 1% chance he is even considering Tech.

Recruits don't to "courtesy" visits this late. If he wanted to do a courtesy visit he would have done it when nobody was paying attention back in June or July.

They especially don't do courtesy visits when they are so unsure of where to go with less than a week till signing day. Limited time because of the dead period coming up leading up to NSD, all time is precious for him at this point. I can't see him wasting that time doing "courtesy" calls.

With that said, I don't think he is coming here, but impressive we got him on campus.

He lives in Alpharetta. Heading down to GT for a day is not a big deal. I think he's had his mind made up before that anyway.

Disecq you are missing three reasons that this is not at all a courtesy visit.

-he put GT as equals to Clem, Tenn, and Aub (I don't think tenn or Clem have a chance)
-we got the coach that recruited him, and Aub revamped their coaching staff. Lawson likes Pelton a great deal
-parental influence. Now that Lawson has made GT an option I'm sure his Dad has put in his two cents worth about where to play.

Recruits don't to "courtesy" visits this late. If he wanted to do a courtesy visit he would have done it when nobody was paying attention back in June or July.

They especially don't do courtesy visits when they are so unsure of where to go with less than a week till signing day. Limited time because of the dead period coming up leading up to NSD, all time is precious for him at this point. I can't see him wasting that time doing "courtesy" calls.

With that said, I don't think he is coming here, but impressive we got him on campus.

He got to skip out of school for a day and drive maybe 30 minutes to go hang out with his good coaching buddy from Auburn. His dad gets to tell his old Tech playing buddies that his son at least visited Tech.

Courtesy visit.

Disecq you are missing three reasons that this is not at all a courtesy visit.

-he put GT as equals to Clem, Tenn, and Aub (I don't think tenn or Clem have a chance)
-we got the coach that recruited him, and Aub revamped their coaching staff. Lawson likes Pelton a great deal
-parental influence. Now that Lawson has made GT an option I'm sure his Dad has put in his two cents worth about where to play.

It's gonna be UT or Auburn. He said the UT visit was a perfect visit. They are very much in it. Some say they're the leader.

It's gonna be UT or Auburn. He said the UT visit was a perfect visit. They are very much in it. Some say they're the leader.

Which blows my mind. Both those schools are dumpster fires. If anything you would think Clemson would be the one we should be worried about.

Which blows my mind. Both those schools are dumpster fires. If anything you would think Clemson would be the one we should be worried about.

Maybe, but it's not like we're setting the world on fire over here. Auburn is just a couple years removed from a MNC. The SEC also has its magical unicorn appeal to 17/18 year olds.

Go to Neyland for a big SEC game. Go tour UT's facilities. Go hang out on the strip with UT girls. Go hang out on the lake with UT girls.

UT people are ready to explode when UT gets back to where they were.

No, dipshit. One dude is going to change the culture differences between Tech and a big SEC football school.

Someone is super salty. It's almost like you dont want Lawson to come to Tech. Why do you still post here? You can circle jerk about how bad Tech is on the dawgvent. Frankly I'm tired of it over here.

After years of being kicked in the balls repeatedly as a GT fan, this pretty much sums up how I feel.

But stranger things have happened. That Stefon Diggs kid who was a five star went to the dumpster fire that is Maryland. With this kid we have his favorite two coaches and his dad played for Tech. I bet he grew up a Tech fan.

Those are strong points in our favor. I'm sure we're putting the obsolete full blitz on this guy.

Back