Lawson

Man I freaking wish. We're due some goodness in the recruiting world. It sure would be sweet to land a stud in the trenches.

1. Laughable. The stadium is on another level. Their fb facility is almost twice as big as ours. Newer as well.

2. Yep. But they have a new coach who has done nothing but win.

3. Look at his résumé. He's got a better FBS record than CPJ.

4. We got blown out by MTSU. We'd be the fourth best program in Tennessee this past year.

Are we a dumpster fire?

Their stadium is awesome, but if you are a recruit who values program stability and winning right away, you won't go to UT.

Lawson could come here, shore up what is really the only weakness on the team at DE, play immediately, and probably be the difference maker in an 8 or 9 win season versus a 10 or 11 win season and potential top 10 ranking.

With our offense, a DE with a motor is really all that is separating us from winning a lot of games. If you don't believe me, look at 2009 (where our offense wasn't as good as it was this year). Sacks and tackles for loss lead to punts, and we are maybe 1-2 stops a game from getting back to the level where we sit on the ball up 10 in the fourth quarter.

If he values an education, he'll come to GT.

If he wants to play in front of a lot of fans, he'll go to one of the other three schools. If he wants to play for a winner, but doesn't mind getting lost in the shuffle of other talented players, he'll play for Clemson. If he wants to play in the SEC, but doesn't care that he may not play on a winning team in college, he'll go to UT or Auburn.

If he's susceptible to emotional pull, like from his father and close contact Mike Pelton, he'll come to us.

If he wants to live in a real city, he'll come to us.

We have a lot of things going for us, but I have no idea what he values in particular. Lawson just needs to sit down, decide what is right for him, and make a decision. I just hope he realizes all that GT has to offer him, since it really is a much more unique opportunity than Clemson, AU, or UT.

Can't be true, Diseqc said just a courtesy visit

If we get him, everyone will freak out.

If we don't, everyone will freak out.

That's the only sure thing.

If we get him, everyone will freak out.

If we don't, everyone will freak out.

That's the only sure thing.

Theme for the week:

We lose a dual threat QB
Then we gain a dual threat QB
Suddenly he's not dual threat enough

Sent from my DeLorean using the Flux Capacitor

Lawson could come here, shore up what is really the only weakness on the team at DE, play immediately, and probably be the difference maker in an 8 or 9 win season versus a 10 or 11 win season and potential top 10 ranking.

With our offense, a DE with a motor is really all that is separating us from winning a lot of games. If you don't believe me, look at 2009 (where our offense wasn't as good as it was this year). Sacks and tackles for loss lead to punts, and we are maybe 1-2 stops a game from getting back to the level where we sit on the ball up 10 in the fourth quarter.

All of this is sooooooo true(especially the bolded) Hopefully pelton and roof are selling the öööö out of this right now. I think tuitt would have won us 2 more games this year. We are desperately in need for a difference maker at DE. Maybe Kallon can help fill the void but I'm pretty sure he's probably still raw and depth never hurts.

All of this is sooooooo true(especially the bolded) Hopefully pelton and roof are selling the öööö out of this right now. I think tuitt would have won us 2 more games this year. We are desperately in need for a difference maker at DE. Maybe Kallon can help fill the void but I'm pretty sure he's probably still raw and depth never hurts.

I think Tuitt (or someone similar) might have given us at least 3 more wins:
VT (was overtime)
Miami (was overtime)
MTSU (better run defense)

It could have been more than that--FSU was close.

I think Tuitt (or someone similar) might have given us at least 3 more wins:
VT (was overtime)
Miami (was overtime)
MTSU (better run defense)

It could have been more than that--FSU was close.

This is a very depressing way to look at things, but its tought to argue. Each of the last 3 seasons I'm convinced we were 1/2 quality defensive linemen away from being 9-11 win teams all three years. Our offense has put up huge numbers since CPJ came (easily number 1 in the ACC in total offense and PPG if you average all 5 years).

The horrid '08, '10, and '11 DL classes are (IMHO) the reason CPJ isn't a 50 game winner over his first 5 seasons. We've had some alarmingly bad DLs since the '08 foursome.

Back