Lawson

I'll bet $100 that if he signs with GT, he's downgraded to four stars.

I think CPJ is old school in every way. From how he coaches football, to how he deals with the media, to how he recruits. Iow, he doesn't kiss butt. He doesn't massage egos. He lays out the deal without mincing words in a straight forward honest manner.

This approach appeals to certain people and others it turns off. I, myself, like this approach. Unfortunately, most blue chippers want their knobs polished by the head ball coach. Many of today's fanbases and media do as well. It's kind of sickening.

I think CPJ is old school in every way. From how he coaches football, to how he deals with the media, to how he recruits. Iow, he doesn't kiss butt. He doesn't massage egos. He lays out the deal without mincing words in a straight forward honest manner.

This approach appeals to certain people and others it turns off. I, myself, like this approach. Unfortunately, most blue chippers want their knobs polished by the head ball coach. Many of today's fanbases and media do as well. It's kind of sickening.

Can that approach work in the current competitive CFB environment? I would like to think so, but as I look around I wonder.

Why get off on the fact that he's a grumpy asshole? Other coaches maintain their dignity and still win big.

"It's ok that he went 6-6. He's old school and said some funny quips".

Why get off on the fact that he's a grumpy asshole? Other coaches maintain their dignity and still win big.

Which coaches are you thinking of who maintain dignity and still win big?

What about that ND coach who took cincy to a BCS game and ND to a title game?

So no one that does better than 6-6 has any dignity?

Define "dignity". I'm struggling to think of any coaches who win big but don't cowtow to top recruits.

Even Saban does things like skyping with recruits IIRC. Does Les Miles do such things? Maybe Harbaugh when he was at Stanford?

For the record, I think CPJ needs to adjust he approach or get used to being near .500.

Can you identify some coaches we should be going after?

Nope. There's no one better out there. We should be happy and accept our lot in the CFB world.

You can't be a troll and hate everything this program does yet refuse to give any positive suggestions about a new direction.

Does this board have a block user feature?

It sure does.

Only sort of. You can only hide the content of their posts, you can't make their posts disappear entirely, and their posts are not hidden when quoted.

How do I access it? Adblocking bigcry has made this board tolerable again and I'm excited to make it even more readable.

click 'user cp' up top
then find 'edit ignore list' on the left

(you can use ctrl+f to find 'user cp' and 'edit ignore list')

Back