lol Big 12

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
Congress should put a tax on ticket fees of 4000%. In 2018 ticket transfer fees shouldnt exceed a buck. Its highway robbery at a buck.
It's ridiculous. The fees on the above transaction equate to roughly 20% of the order total. It's a ticket, you're not asking for another beer, chili-cheese nachos and extra napkins.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
It's ridiculous. The fees on the above transaction equate to roughly 20% of the order total. It's a ticket, you're not asking for another beer, chili-cheese nachos and extra napkins.
I think what you're asking for is a bunch of people to go out and catalog all the events going on in the country; programmers to build a site which matches up buyers and sellers; a marketing team to make sure buyers and sellers are driven to the site; servers to accommodate all the traffic; an "authenticity guarantee" to protect you from being sold a fake ticket; and everything else that goes into running a fairly large business.

I'm not saying whether 20% is the right number, but you are asking for a lot more than just a ticket.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
This is most unlike you. How is taxing ticket fees going to make the price go down? Is that some new things in economics they're trying out in Venezuela?
Im pretty sure we are seeing monopoly/collusion here. Pretty sure. Although there hasnt been a man in DC since Truman with the balls to actually do anything about it.

So considering that, call it a sin tax.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The ACC CG in 2008 has about 20 k in Ray Jay. Fewer than 2006 in the rain in Jax.
It was closer to 30k, and two teams from the north that weren't competing for anything else, not really surprising they didn't bring much to Florida. This game is a short drive for one team and in the other's home state, both huge fanbases, and one with a shot at the playoffs.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Did Pitt v Clempson sell out?
according to Stub Hub it currently cost more to see Wofford vs. Kennesaw ($30) than Pitt v Clempson ($20).

The scale kind of goes:

ACC ~ $20
FCS ~ $30 (16 tickets left)
Conf. USA ~ $35 (UAB vs MTSU - 9 tickets left)
Big 10 ~ $44
Big 12 ~ $54

Sec ~ $290

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
according to Stub Hub it currently cost more to see Wofford vs. Kennesaw ($30) than Pitt v Clempson ($20).

The scale kind of goes:

ACC ~ $20
FCS ~ $30 (16 tickets left)
Conf. USA ~ $35 (UAB vs MTSU - 9 tickets left)
Big 10 ~ $44
Big 12 ~ $54

Sec ~ $290
What about the Pac 12?

MEwreck02

Russian Hacker/Biologist
Why would you host a college football championship game at Levi Stadium? That would be as dumb as hosting one a Raymond James...miles and miles from any prominent college fans

If they insist on a 'neutral field', they should host either in LA or Denver, where it could be promoted to their fans as a holiday weekend, see the game, then stay for the beaches or hit the slopes...

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
The destination game never works either. The flights are sick expensive by the time you know you are going. The only time the games stay full is when someone can drive. Out west they are screwed.

Its similar to when we tried Florida. "Everyone will go to the beach!" No the öööö they didnt. And FSU or Miami alone will sell it out. No, they wont even go.

Charlotte is correct. 10 of the ACC teams can drive there readily. DC and Atlanta are the other options because while less driveable, they have a lot of alumni from the ACC schools.

Out west they should have the team with the best record host if they want any chance of a full stadium.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
Why would you host a college football championship game at Levi Stadium? That would be as dumb as hosting one a Raymond James...miles and miles from any prominent college fans

If they insist on a 'neutral field', they should host either in LA or Denver, where it could be promoted to their fans as a holiday weekend, see the game, then stay for the beaches or hit the slopes...
They should just play the game in the Coliseum every year.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I just realized that the CFP Championship will be played near San Francisco. Sweet, since there is a real possibility that the most western team in the playoff resides in Tuscaloosa, AL.

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was closer to 30k, and two teams from the north that weren't competing for anything else, not really surprising they didn't bring much to Florida. This game is a short drive for one team and in the other's home state, both huge fanbases, and one with a shot at the playoffs.
I was there. The lower bowl was almost completely empty. Haven’t seen a stadium that empty since I played in the Riverbell Classis in 78.

Pathetic for a P5 conference.

Texas & Oklahoma playing before almost sold out stadium, and a great game. Not the SEC but pretty close.

Go figure O Po Tech. Maybe you didn’t go to Tampa but it was a piss poor showing for the ACC.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I was there. The lower bowl was almost completely empty. Haven’t seen a stadium that empty since I played in the Riverbell Classis in 78.
And you've been shoving your face full of twinkies ever since.

Why on earth would I go to an ACC championship game between two teams not named Georgia Tech? Nobody gives a öööö, that was 10 years ago.