lol Big 12

and SF is ööööing cold ööööhole

it's a literal ööööhole. Watch your step!

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

Then the NFL decides they want prime time regular season games Sunday and Saturday nights every week. CBS or NBC would be all over that.
Maybe I'm not in the majority, but I typically only watch "my" NFL team (Falcons ughhh) unless there's not much else on. I watch a lot of college football, and typically flip between several games. NFL on Saturday would not gain much, if any, view from me. I would still watch college games over NFL.

Levi Stadium, the home of the San Francisco 49ers, is not in San Francisco. It's not even on the outskirts of San Francisco.

Maybe I'm not in the majority, but I typically only watch "my" NFL team (Falcons ughhh) unless there's not much else on. I watch a lot of college football, and typically flip between several games. NFL on Saturday would not gain much, if any, view from me. I would still watch college games over NFL.

CFB ratings aren't anywhere close to NFL, even with NFL ratings dropping over the last two years.

https://adage.com/article/media/ratings-slum/311777/

Check out the table for 2017.

ESPN will not step on the NFLs toes and try to take some of their playoff TV ratings by moving the CFB champ game to Saturday. Well, ESPN isn't all that smart so they might...

You are in the small minority. Pretty much anywhere other than the south the NFL is far more popular than cfb.

If I recall correctly, the Rose Bowl and I think the Sugar Bowl also play a role in all this, as they pretty much dictated a lot of the terms of how things were going to go down when the playoff was introduced. ESPNjacket over on the Hive made hundreds if not thousands of posts that provided some behind-the-scenes details and these two bowls did not want to lose their prestige, power in terms of time/date slots, and conference tie-ins with the Big10 and SEC respectively. College football is not wired up for logic, so anytime something obvious isn't being done, it probably goes back to money and influence.

If they aren't going to expand the playoffs anytime soon, I say scrap the "bowl" tie-ins for playoff games all together. Give teams one week off after regular season, then have the semis at the higher ranked teams stadium. Rotate the NC to one of the major bowls every year and move it to New Year's Day (night game) so its the last game of the season, and have the rest of the teams (including semifinal losers) in the standard bowl selection process.
just stop it. there's no room for any logical thinking here. stop it!

Levi Stadium, the home of the San Francisco 49ers, is not in San Francisco. It's not even on the outskirts of San Francisco.

Anything between San Jose and San Francisco is basically San Francisco judging by the piles of homeless öööö everywhere..

Palo Alto? that's San Francisco too..

Why is the game at Levi's Stadium. I mistakenly thought that the championship game rotated among the six cities that host the semi's on a rotating basis. Is teh championship game up for grab to the highest bidder?

Slightly related, but is the Redbox Bowl (which was played in Santa Clara), the successor to the nut bowl we went to back in the Gailey era?

Why is the game at Levi's Stadium. I mistakenly thought that the championship game rotated among the six cities that host the semi's on a rotating basis. Is teh championship game up for grab to the highest bidder?

Slightly related, but is the Redbox Bowl (which was played in Santa Clara), the successor to the nut bowl we went to back in the Gailey era?
It is bid on by cities and awarded kind of Olympic style.

I thought it rotated among the 6 as well. I guess that's just the semi-final games.

I thought it rotated among the 6 as well. I guess that's just the semi-final games.

That was the way it originally worked. They switched it to be bid out a couple years ago.

Gotta get the most money possible to preserve the integrity of the sport for student athletes.

"Bay Area"
You know, Otis Redding never got through writing "The Dock of the Bay". The whistle was pretty much a filler ad lib. He died before he could finish the song. The behind the music story of the song tells the story about how he was trying to work in the "mountains of poo" lyrics into the song and actually did not get to actually sit down and record. Those lyrics are lost forever since they were written on a soft two ply paper, which was pretty rare in those days, and good on the old bum's bum that found the page.

Back