LSU-ALA rematch insanity

Cause the Oregon-LSU game wasn't that close.

because Oregon had their worst game of the season.

12 penalties for 95 yards and 4 turnovers (2 in the RZ one of which was recovered in the endzone, and one fumbled kickoff, and this count doesn't include a turnover on downs at the Oregon 41)

That was probably one of the 2 times out of ten that LSU wins that game.

Bama - LSU does make sense if there are no other unbeatens. Still I would rather see another match-up.

Rematch could be great if you are anti-BCS. LSU spanks Bama on neutral site, leaving a bunch of other 1 loss teams screaming they would have beaten LSU.

Rematch could be great if you are anti-BCS. LSU spanks Bama on neutral site, leaving a bunch of other 1 loss teams screaming they would have beaten LSU.
As anti-BCS as I am, I could not stomach a rematch of that abomination of a football game.

I was in Talladega this weekend and heard one Bama fan call LSU/Bama the "game of the century". I pointed out that people said that about OSU/Michigan a few years ago, and we almost had a 1v2 rematch then, but voters made sure Michigan didn't get the rematch, and both teams lost their bowl games.

LSU and Bama are good, but not NFL-ready good like ESPN is hyping them up to be. It was an awful, awful game. It's just ESPN making the most of the 1v2 matchup for their own profit.

We've been in this position before. Georgia was voted down to #3 to keep them out despite their 1-loss season because they couldn't win the SEC East. No way does Bama get to the title game now.

"these raven and steeler like defenses" get some points put up on them by decent offenses.

No one but Alabama fans want to see that rematch. It can't and will never happen. It's all about the money at this point and that kind of game won't excite the masses a second time.

Ummm, I don't care what the NCAA says, I saw two games featuring the same two teams just two years ago.

And wouldn't it be sweet to see it happen again this year?

(and I'm not talking about 2 SEC teams)

The SEC will lobby hard for a rematch. It's all about cash for the conference.

Georgia can poop on both of them by beating Auburn and then LSU in the BCS....but do we really want that?

I am of the opinion if you don't win your conference you don't play for a MNC. Simple as that.

LSU and Bama can't possibly both with the SEC (at least I don't think so, but ESPN is awful influential), thus they both can't play for the MNC.

It is the jacked up system that we have, and the rematch WILL HAPPEN.. Believe it... Who is going to jump Bama? OKST will lose...

Stanford will jump Bama once Stanford plays their tough schedule and Bama plays their not so tough schedule..............its all in the numbers.

ok State will probably lose to Oklahoma....

Stanford still has a couple tough ones too.....

Boise won't jump bama

Did you watch the game or did you just look at the final score? That game was much closer than the score shows you. Lots of unforced errors by Oregon in that game.

Last time I checked making a lot of errors was something that's considered in how good a team is. Are you really trying to argue that Oregon-LSU was somehow just as close as Bama-LSU, which went into overtime? Or are you just trying to be contrarian on the interweb.

It may have been closer than the final score, but the game was over with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Either way you cut it, both Oregon and Bama made a lot of mistakes and turned the ball over. Bama lost by 3 in overtime, and Oregon was down by 20 in the fourth quarter.

If I'm trying to weigh which team deserves a second crack at LSU (Bama or Oregon), it's Bama based on the fact that their game was actually a game. If Oregon wanted to be in the discussion it shouldn't have turned the ball over 4 times.

I am of the opinion if you don't win your conference you don't play for a MNC. Simple as that.

LSU and Bama can't possibly both with the SEC (at least I don't think so, but ESPN is awful influential), thus they both can't play for the MNC.

Why? Conferences have nothing to do with the National Championship. Does your "policy" mean that ND can never get to the MNC?

Back