LSU-ALA rematch insanity

because Oregon had their worst game of the season.

12 penalties for 95 yards and 4 turnovers (2 in the RZ one of which was recovered in the endzone, and one fumbled kickoff, and this count doesn't include a turnover on downs at the Oregon 41)

That was probably one of the 2 times out of ten that LSU wins that game.

Well maybe Oregon should get up for their next national spotlight game. Oregon's worst game of the season was losing to LSU going away in the third. Bama's worst game of the season was losing to that same team by 3 in overtime.

If the question is who deserves to go to the MNC game more based on their one loss, it's unquestionably Bama. A team that crapped the bed like Oregon did doesn't deserve another shot.

Ok just lost their 2 biggest playmakers and the #1 WR in the nation and their next receiver has half as many yards. I'd put my money on OkSt to drop another 50 and win.

If we win-out, and U[sic]Ga wins every game but against us, then we'd have some awesome transitive bragging-rights. But, THWG!

Well maybe Oregon should get up for their next national spotlight game. Oregon's worst game of the season was losing to LSU in Dallas a one day trip by car for LSU and a 3 day trip by car for Oregon or a plane ticket going away in the third. Bama's worst game of the season was losing to that same team by 3 in overtime @ HOME and very much so

If the question is who deserves to go to the MNC game more based on their one loss, it's unquestionably obviously not or there'd be no discussion Bama. A team that crapped the bed like Oregon did doesn't deserve another shot.

I don't think they do either, but they'd deserve more of a shot than Bama if it came down to the two of them.

The only one being a contrarian is you.

Ok just lost their 2 biggest playmakers and the #1 WR in the nation and their next receiver has half as many yards. I'd put my money on OkSt to drop another 50 and win.

Oklahoma could score at will, against anyone.

only blemish was coming out lazy first half vs. TT after a 3 hour rain delay.

I don't think they do either, but they'd deserve more of a shot than Bama if it came down to the two of them.

The only one being a contrarian is you.

Last time I checked home field didn't mean a difference of double digit points.

I want Georgia to win the SEC...so I can get a Georgia Tech-Sec Champs t-shirt

Alabama had their shot and blew it. Unless, Okie State, Stanford and even Boise all blow it, I don't think you'll see a rematch.

Why should Bama get a second shot at LSU before those three get their first shot?

Boise doesn't deserve a shot because they arent in a real conference...Im okay with that.

The thing that makes this year different is that it's the SEC. What's so special about the SEC? ESPN. They're going to ram the idea of the "rematch of the century" down everyone's throat for the next 4 weeks to increase the perceived prestige of their primary conference affiliate.

Are you aware that the AP no longer votes in the BCS equation, and ESPN has no control over any of the factors in the BCS formula?

The only way LSU and Bama are going to rematch is if the coaches poll decides that's the best thing for the sport. Right now some GAs are filling the polls out. I seriously doubt all the coaches who vote are going to vote for a rematch if there's an unbeaten left.

Well to be fair it really might be the rematch of the century, because I don't think we've had two teams play each other twice in the same season this century.
You're joking, right?

Boise doesn't deserve a shot because they arent in a real conference...Im okay with that.

Well they sure beat the brakes off the 15th ranked probable SEC East Champion from their fictitious conference.

I think we'd be behind boise.....but close..and jump boise after the GA game....or possibly after this week......

Are you aware that the AP no longer votes in the BCS equation, and ESPN has no control over any of the factors in the BCS formula?

The only way LSU and Bama are going to rematch is if the coaches poll decides that's the best thing for the sport. Right now some GAs are filling the polls out. I seriously doubt all the coaches who vote are going to vote for a rematch if there's an unbeaten left.
Are you aware of the Harris Poll that's 1/3 of the BCS?

If the coaches think Boise State didn't play a tough schedule and value that, they will vote that way.

Boise COULD beat any team in the ACC......but if they had to play any 4 of GT, VT, Clemson, FSU and Miami.....they'd trip over 1 of them...

Im okay with that.

This is almost making me want to go vomit. All this talk about LSU BAMA boring game, Ok St or Stanford would pick these guys apart etc. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! BOTTOM LINE: There is NFL talent ALL over the field on both D's. The speed on the defensive side of the ball is remarkable. You will here of no less than 10 guys from this game on Defense who make a mark in the pros. There is a reason why this game was a knockdown dragout low scoring game and it wasn't because the Offense's are bad. These are head and shoulder's above everyone else in college football. Say what you want to but either of these teams beat Ok St and Stanford with ease.

Back