Matt Rhule of Temple

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Do you think that the liquor and beer you freely drink every tailgate comes from the heavens? It comes from ööööty bets on stingtalk.

You just made yourself responsible for 30 beers and a bottle of whiskey for the next tailgate.
Still got some leftover moonshine. Thanks for reminding me

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Still got some leftover moonshine. Thanks for reminding me
That moonshine is disgusting and will not be allowed anywhere near the tailgate. Unless you mean the apple pie. That is the nectar of the Gods.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I believe a bet made in 2019 is no longer in good faith given the circumstances beyond a typical season, including quarantines, contact tracing, and wholesale schedule changes
All that stuff affected all the other teams, too...?

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
All that stuff affected all the other teams, too...?
I'm not seeing your point here, so I'll give mine again.

Betting on the outcome of a set of 12 games and claiming legitimacy after applying it to a different set of 10 games would invalidate any bet.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I'm not seeing your point here, so I'll give mine again.

Betting on the outcome of a set of 12 games and claiming legitimacy after applying it to a different set of 10 games would invalidate any bet.
My point was that whatever effect the pandemic had on us, it would've had on other teams, too. So for W/L purposes (which measures our success relative to other teams, not some kind of absolute football competence or something), the pandemic is a wash.

Obviously we did play 2 fewer games, but I don't see how that helps your argument, really. We missed two Top 10 tens (Miami and UGA), and one FCS team. So it's fair to say there's one expected win there that we missed out on, but perhaps at the expense of two expected losses.

I don't know, I just don't see it. No worries.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Seasons over, we didn't get close to six wins.
We got closer than you give us credit for. We won three on the field, Georgia forfeited which gets us to four. We would’ve crushed an FCS team, and Collins is undefeated against Miami - chalk that one up too. That’s six!

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
LOL. I made the bet and I'll pay up, regardless of how many games we played and whether the schedule changed or not.

I actually tried to find a way to send the money electronically yesterday but didn't find a way to do that to the specified address so I will have to go the way of the cretin and actually write a hand-written check. (yuck). Literally the only checks I ever write are to my maid. I just think it's going to be funny that these people will likely go, "Why is this dude sending us $100?".

But the money will go out today.

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
We got closer than you give us credit for. We won three on the field, Georgia forfeited which gets us to four. We would’ve crushed an FCS team, and Collins is undefeated against Miami - chalk that one up too. That’s six!
I like the cut of your jib.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
How does the schedule change affect the likelihood of us winning 7 games? Add in a FCS (not Citadel obvs) and you get us to 4. Where are the other 3 coming from?
UGA forfeited, so there are 4 wins -let’s not forget that.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
LOL. I made the bet and I'll pay up, regardless of how many games we played and whether the schedule changed or not.

I actually tried to find a way to send the money electronically yesterday but didn't find a way to do that to the specified address so I will have to go the way of the cretin and actually write a hand-written check. (yuck). Literally the only checks I ever write are to my maid. I just think it's going to be funny that these people will likely go, "Why is this dude sending us $100?".

But the money will go out today.
If you have a large employer, they sometimes have donation portals where they provide matching. That's how I donate to GT these days.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
It is interesting that the last three successful coaches to leave temple include Al Golden and those coaches went to Miami, Baylor, and Tech. Will be interesting to see who has the most success. My money is on Collins.
The NFL just bet on Rhule.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I am giving our head coach time for his rebuild, and I would give Rhule the same courtesy. Panthers were not in a good spot. Still are not.

And while you can think you are solving your problems with massive free agency spending you are instead building your house on sand. He's building through the draft just as we are building through recruiting.

And Rhule is more than a used car salesman. Just my opinion.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
I am giving our head coach time for his rebuild, and I would give Rhule the same courtesy. Panthers were not in a good spot. Still are not.

And while you can think you are solving your problems with massive free agency spending you are instead building your house on sand. He's building through the draft just as we are building through recruiting.

And Rhule is more than a used car salesman. Just my opinion.
I think Rhule is a great college coach, remains to be seen for NFL.

I think Collins and Co are the real deal, didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just that I think the NFL giving Rhule a deal like that doesn't mean they and other people won't cut him after a few bad seasons or so.