Met David Pollack

G

GTFanFromAthens

Met him at the local mall and had the oportunity talk some football with him. He was really nice but told me that Tech would continue having seasons like we had. BayBay was a huge influence for our offense and without a player that could catch and block like he could we will not improve. Said our defense will not improve neither because we will not get good enough athletes. Mentioned how can they improve practicing against option players every week. Didnt make me feel all fuzzy inside about Tech but what was I to expect coming from a former mutt. I asked about the florida hire and he was suprised by the hire. When asked about why not Mullins he tells me that Mullins may have been the one leaking the Cam cheating on test at Florida and thats why they wasn't interested in hiring him. Told me also AUB would be on probation when its all over. Thought I would share with you all.

I am in agreement with him that it will be tough to become a top-tier program if we do not consistently have a top-tier WR on offense. I think the loss of Thomas hurt us the most by far this season. Hopefully we can get another great receiver.

Don't agree about the defense.

Mods Ban. What do you expect from that cocksucker. Dumbass. Oh woah is me... our program sucks because a Doggy told me so. Stupid.

the sky is falling, the offense will never work, we'll never recruit, defensive secondary will always suck, blah blah blah. Ask him how soon ugay will win the sec with their top five recruits.

Doe that mean that if Thomas had come back this year we would have had 700 yards rushing against UGAg?

I would have mentioned to him that UGAg has been mediocre for a few years now with a top notch WR.

Met him at the local mall and had the oportunity talk some football with him. He was really nice but told me that Tech would continue having seasons like we had. BayBay was a huge influence for our offense and without a player that could catch and block like he could we will not improve. Said our defense will not improve neither because we will not get good enough athletes. Mentioned how can they improve practicing against option players every week. Didnt make me feel all fuzzy inside about Tech but what was I to expect coming from a former mutt. I asked about the florida hire and he was suprised by the hire. When asked about why not Mullins he tells me that Mullins may have been the one leaking the Cam cheating on test at Florida and thats why they wasn't interested in hiring him. Told me also AUB would be on probation when its all over. Thought I would share with you all.
Well you just had a long slug of "ugay koolaid". What did you expect from a former player. He also is spewing this b.s. to anyone else that will listen and he sucked you right in! FWIW, my son had a class at ugay with him and said Pollack was one of the most "holier than thou" assholes he was ever in contact with.

That is a reasonable statement regarding Georgia Tech from a Georgia fan. Of course as immature as alot of people on here are, they will probably say "what a stupid dumb ass he just hates Tech blah blah blah" but from the outside looking in that is what our program looks like.

Bottom line....we need our prototype QB in place before we can turn into a championship team again. Was Nesbitt that man? I think Nesbitt was talented enough and had a big enough heart to will his way to many wins. I think either Synjyn or Vad will be that QB though. I think 2013+ years will be very special for GT fans....we are building our way to success. Many people only see what they want to see, but true GT fans will see a strong foundation being built.

You would think that as a former player that he wouldnt buy into the practicing against the option crap...that for some reason because we run the option we wouldnt have a scout team that would immitate the opposing offense for the next game. Most likely he knows better and says this crap just to spite us...

Should have asked him how his neck felt, then punched in him the throat. **** him.

I disagree with the WR comment. What we need is:

1. A better O-line, with improved pass blocking
2. A better passing QB
3. Better blocking A-backs

If we get those 3 things, we will be a force. As for the WR position, a good WR would be nice, but it isn't necessary. I would rather have someone who can block at WR than someone who can't block. Bebe wasn't only a great receiver, he was primarily and excellent blocker.

If you have a great WR, but the QB can't throw accurately, you are going to be much worse off than having a mediocre WR and a QB with pin-point accuracy. Just my opinion..

He was actually eating some pizza with his wife and 2 young kids. Funny thing that happened was a rough I mean rough looking dude just walks up and starts taking pictures of him like he was God! My buddy, a fellow Tech fan did say later he wanted to ask him how that neck was!:laugh:

Thats what he was referring to about Thomas blocking abiltity was so impressive. I also thought the same about our d isnt going against our first team but a scout team made up of option style players I think is what he meant.

I am in agreement with him that it will be tough to become a top-tier program if we do not consistently have a top-tier WR on offense. I think the loss of Thomas hurt us the most by far this season. Hopefully we can get another great receiver.

Don't agree about the defense.

Apparently the loss of Thomas was so significant that it caused Nesbitt to forget how to throw an accurate pass.

I think everyone here can remember how many of our games this year would have been different if the receivers just caught the passes that they dropped, or made a little better effort on the blocks they whiffed. We needed better, but it certainly didn't have to be Bebe good.

Pollack's mantra about our defense seems to come from him more than anyone else, and he doesn't have a wealth of experience to go by. He played college ball for DC Brian Van Gorder (who went on to single handedly wreck Georgia Southern's program as head coach getting rid of the TO so it wouldn't harm his crappy defense) and spent little time in the NFL before becoming a radio expert. I can believe that his experience doesn't give him confidence that a team can field a unique offense and prepare a good defense because I have no doubt that BVG taught him that (and it never came up in the NFL). But that doesn't convince me that other coaches don't have what it takes to do it. Right now I just hope Al Groh does.

Personally i would not have conversed with him--my standards do not include contact with inbred, nadlicking, butt sniffing, self righteous, ego inflated ex-DAWG jocks who obviously have no idea about the GT program and actually despise all things "TECH". After such an encounter I would have rushed to take a very hot shower.--To Hell with everything connected to UGAG.

I disagree with the WR comment. What we need is:

1. A better O-line, with improved pass blocking
2. A better passing QB
3. Better blocking A-backs

If we get those 3 things, we will be a force. As for the WR position, a good WR would be nice, but it isn't necessary. I would rather have someone who can block at WR than someone who can't block. Bebe wasn't only a great receiver, he was primarily and excellent blocker.

If you have a great WR, but the QB can't throw accurately, you are going to be much worse off than having a mediocre WR and a QB with pin-point accuracy. Just my opinion..

Agreed about #'s 1-3. Pretty obvious. We'll also need at least 1 big WR who can block (even if he can't be a great receiver). He just needs to be big, a good blocker and a threat against the long bomb. IMO, BayBay eventually became a very good receiver but was never a truly great pass cather ala that Johnson fella who plays for the Detroit Lions. We just need a kid who is willing to be patient as a receiver and passionate about beating up on DB's.

We will also win another ACCC when our incoming QB gets used to the grind of taking the punishment that the position requires - just like Joshua. If Tevin, or Days or Sims or whomever else can demonstrate the ability to pass (even moderately well) and run (even 75% as tough as Nesbitt) GT will win another ACCC that season (probably 2012).

IMO, the D will improve as familiarity with the 3-4 grows and as we continue to develop experience and maturity along the OL. I'd consider converting a tall, rangy LB to WR just to block downfield and beat up on DB's and serve as that offensive threat. If nothing else, that would improve our running game.

We simply must have a QB who can throw AND be a tough guy running the ball. In the future, I believe CPJ will go with the kid who demonstrates the best balance of running and throwing - despite seniority in the program. IMO, CPJ was going with Nesbitt regardless of his passing problems purely because Joshua was such a dedicated leader and hard worker.

In any event, I'm quite certain GT will win another ACCC before UGAG wins another SECC. I also think Tennessee will win another SECC before UGAG does. I think that Pollack knows that.

Back