Met David Pollack

Most this thread is overblown. "We need a top-tier WR, QB and OL for this offense to effective." No, we just need decent people at those positions. At times, with our OL being so young, the OL could not block at all. Nesbitt's throwing was decent, but for some reason our WR's could not catch simple, open passes.

Our one receiver with good physical skills was a true sophomore. Our A-back's past Roddy were generally young and also had issues with perimeter blocking. Our OL was pretty young, especially when the first two strings at a position went down. When you most of your offense is young and when your strongest, most senior player goes down in the middle of the season, you will have issues with execution. It's really not that hard to understand.

We've gone from suck to blow!

toramain16.jpg

Our one receiver with good physical skills was a true sophomore. Our A-back's past Roddy were generally young and also had issues with perimeter blocking. Our OL was pretty young, especially when the first two strings at a position went down. When you most of your offense is young and when your strongest, most senior player goes down in the middle of the season, you will have issues with execution. It's really not that hard to understand.

I don't think you understand. Did you hear that we lost to Kennesaw State at the beginning of the season?

Seriously though, Nesbitt going down had little to do with anything besides the U[sic]GA loss. We had plenty of problems well before he went down. Maybe being young has something to do with it, but we weren't that young; as you said, we had a senior QB, not to mention Anthony Allen, Roddy Jones, and plenty of upperclassmen in other positions.

Sure, some of our players were young, but in a sport in which so many people are on the field, you're always going to be young. I don't buy that as an excuse this season. Next year it can be the excuse again, "oh, we had a young QB, Anthony Allen is gone, the loss of Bedford really hurt us."

I don't think you understand. Did you hear that we lost to Kennesaw State at the beginning of the season?

Seriously though, Nesbitt going down had little to do with anything besides the U[sic]GA loss. We had plenty of problems well before he went down. Maybe being young has something to do with it, but we weren't that young; as you said, we had a senior QB, not to mention Anthony Allen, Roddy Jones, and plenty of upperclassmen in other positions.

Sure, some of our players were young, but in a sport in which so many people are on the field, you're always going to be young. I don't buy that as an excuse this season. Next year it can be the excuse again, "oh, we had a young QB, Anthony Allen is gone, the loss of Bedford really hurt us."

Well, the offense did get much more efficient as the year went on (mostly the perimeter blocking got better) and I don't think we lose to VPI or UGA with Nesbitt. UM is a possibility too, TW looked pretty uncertain in the first half of that game.

Sure, you will always have young players, but we were particularly young on offense this year. I don't we will need the excuses next year, or at least the "excuses" will be explaining a 9-3 season rather than a 6-6 season.

+1

Our issues this season seemed to definitely be a "minds right" problem. Perhaps our team psychology last year centered too much on the 2007 class (which I know was part of it) and so that there wasn't an easy rallying point this year.

Most this thread is overblown. "We need a top-tier WR, QB and OL for this offense to effective." No, we just need decent people at those positions. At times, with our OL being so young, the OL could not block at all. Nesbitt's throwing was decent, but for some reason our WR's could not catch simple, open passes.

Remember how Roddy White "sucked" when he played with Michael Vick? I wonder how much our WR's mind lapses/drops were directly contributable to Nesbitt's touch/lack thereof...?

Remember how Roddy White "sucked" when he played with Michael Vick? I wonder how much our WR's mind lapses/drops were directly contributable to Nesbitt's touch/lack thereof...?

+1

And the reverse of that argument: anyone notice how any receiver paired up with the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees is all of a sudden a good receiver? I guess the point I am making is that WRs are a dime a dozen. With our current WR talent, Tom Brady would make them look like superstars. The missing piece for us is a throwing QB who has an OL that will give him enough time to read the defense and step into his throw.

It's just annoying as hell when so-called "experts" like Pollack (painting with a very broad brush here. Very broad) continue to perpetuate the myth that our defense stinks because it practices against the option all the time. As a player, he ought to be familiar with the notion of "scout team tackling dummy" he saw Monday-Thursday (or whatever days the probation officers let Georgia practice) who ran somebody else's offense.
I think he played without his helmet too much.

Our D plays against our O in spring and for a couple of weeks in August. Back when he was at Southern, PJ would have the 1st team O go up against the 1st team D for about a practice period or two a week, usually some goal line stuff and situational stuff and let them knock the crap out of each other. Man that was good stuff.

^ To what extent is a D practicing against a scout team as tough as the real thing? I'm thinking that scout teams are slower, less efficient, and much less talented.

We all need to remember one thing. David Pollack is a retart. **** this guy, **** his career, **** his football intelligence, **** everything about him. He's just like 90% of other ****ing announcers, plus the added UGAg factor.

^ To what extent is a D practicing against a scout team as tough as the real thing? I'm thinking that scout teams are slower, less efficient, and much less talented.

This is true, but its true for every team, not just for us.

Sure, some of our players were young, but in a sport in which so many people are on the field, you're always going to be young. I don't buy that as an excuse this season. ."

Let's see...
Auburn.... 28 scholarship seniors, I guess that blows up your "always going to be young" theory just a little, huh?

Did GT even have double digit scholarship seniors?

The defection of arguably our 4 best juniors put us in a leadership/veteran deficit for 2 years not to mention we weren't even going to be that veteran laden had they stayed.

Guess what??? We're gonna be young again next year, too.

Let's see...
Auburn.... 28 scholarship seniors, I guess that blows up your "always going to be young" theory just a little, huh?

The defection of arguably our 4 best juniors put us in a leadership/veteran deficit for 2 years not to mention we weren't even going to be that veteran laden had they stayed.

Boise has 22 scholarship seniors, with most of them starting. Oregon is also pretty experienced, especially on offense. It took years to learn that crazy, fast-paced scheme for most players. And their first-team defense is just about entirely made up of seniors. Just think about how different you were between 18/19 and 21/22. A lot of maturity develops then, both physical and mental.

I disagree though about us being young next year though, at least on offense. From the two-deep on offense this year (after losing Nesbitt), we are losing AA, Bedford, Barrick, and Cone. 4 seniors leaving from 22 players on the two-deep that played against UGA. We will also be getting a few new redshirt OL to provide depth and perhaps start, which should more than make up for losing Bedford and Barrick. Finally, it's possible that Days will run the option instead of TW, in which case it's possible that we will see an upgrade at QB.

Defense, btw, should get a little bit better as they will have more experience with scheme. We lose three seniors from the secondary, but their backups have looked decent so far. We won't have a great defense by any means, but we'll get the stops we need in most games to score more points on offense than the other team.

9-3 or better next year. Bring this back up if you want to embarrass me this time next year.

You would think that as a former player that he wouldnt buy into the practicing against the option crap...that for some reason because we run the option we wouldnt have a scout team that would immitate the opposing offense for the next game. Most likely he knows better and says this crap just to spite us...

Our first team O doesn't practice daily against the first team D during the season. The D practices against the scout team O, just like every other team, including UGAg's does. If he really was telling you this, then he's just messing with you.

The issue about Bebe may be closer tot he truth. We wil need to pass more efficiently than we did this year to win consistently. However, it doesn't take a Bebe to run our offense well anymore than it takes an AJ to run theirs well. When you get those, it kicks the O into another gear, but you don't need a first round draft choice to have a great O.

Let's see...

We have 16 scholarship seniors. We started 16 upperclassmen, not counting RS SO. Our starting QB and BB were seniors, and our starting was a RS JR. If that's young, then we're going to be young pretty often. (Auburn started 20 upperclassmen, just so you don't have to look it up.)

Yep, just established that.

Seriously?

He felt the need to repeat a dog trashing GT on here?

Just thought he would share that Ugay doesn't have anything good to say about us. Thanks for the newsflash. go back to licking you own ....

I would remove the temporary from the ban. "from athens...' is in his name. I would not be so damn proud that i would put it in my name if it was me. I think he is a dog.

Back