Met David Pollack

Met him at the local mall and had the oportunity talk some football with him. He was really nice but told me that Tech would continue having seasons like we had. BayBay was a huge influence for our offense and without a player that could catch and block like he could we will not improve. Said our defense will not improve neither because we will not get good enough athletes. Mentioned how can they improve practicing against option players every week. Didnt make me feel all fuzzy inside about Tech but what was I to expect coming from a former mutt. I asked about the florida hire and he was suprised by the hire. When asked about why not Mullins he tells me that Mullins may have been the one leaking the Cam cheating on test at Florida and thats why they wasn't interested in hiring him. Told me also AUB would be on probation when its all over. Thought I would share with you all.

Really? :ohnoes:

Met him at the local mall and had the oportunity talk some football with him. He was really nice but told me that Tech would continue having seasons like we had. BayBay was a huge influence for our offense and without a player that could catch and block like he could we will not improve. Said our defense will not improve neither because we will not get good enough athletes. Mentioned how can they improve practicing against option players every week. Didnt make me feel all fuzzy inside about Tech but what was I to expect coming from a former mutt. I asked about the florida hire and he was suprised by the hire. When asked about why not Mullins he tells me that Mullins may have been the one leaking the Cam cheating on test at Florida and thats why they wasn't interested in hiring him. Told me also AUB would be on probation when its all over. Thought I would share with you all.

Did you have a response to what he was saying. Because if you didn't you're either a) don't know sh!t about football or b) a pussy.

Pollack was a great college football player. Despite all the experience he has, he is wrong in his assessment of preparing defenses to face pro-style offenses and/or various versions of "the spread".

Firstly, practice can easily be modified to increase the difficulty of any position. Wanna train your DTs to face an exceptionally tough O-line? Bring in extra blockers and force them to take on double-teams every play. Jason Witten played at Elizabethton high school (near where I grew up). Now, he's known for being a great tight-end, but he was also a beast on the DL. In practice, the scout-team offense was allowed to run with an extra o-linemen wherever Witten was lined up. Yes, the scout-team offense played with 12 players instead of eleven. They double-teamed him on pass and run plays in order to simulate the kind of "uber-lineman" that Witten might face later in the playoffs.

Even with defensive backs one can compensate. Run pass drills with no pass rush. See how long a DB can maintain effective man coverage when a QB has literally all the time he wants to complete a pass. Even a redshirt-freshman scout-team player can look like Dan Marino when he's not pressured. This is a great way to make life difficult for your DBs. It builds character. :wink:

Good coaches can find ways to simulate game conditions regardless of personel. It helps that GT's defense faces more Pro-offenses than opposing teams face TO offenses. I'd say opposing defenses have a harder time preparing thier players than GT.

GT still has talent issues on defense, but that is a separate issue from getting them prepared to play. I'd take Groh's opinion over Pollack's. Groh knows that the style of offense that your own team plays is no excuse.

Pollack benefitted from having a great interior DL at UGAg. Probably mediocre without that DL. Was on his way to mediocracy in the NFL before getting injured.

Plus, he just isn't real bright.

Yeah I responded to what he was saying and so did my buddy. We both had Tech hats on so I wanted to see what he had to say about the program. I didn't expect him to praise Tech by no means and we didn't agree with him about the comment of our defense not improving but what he said about not having Thomas this past year was so true.

I agree that we need a deep threat down field. But he doesn't know wtf he is talking about when it comes to our defense. We just need DL guys. Our athletes will be fine. Jabari, Caldwell, Cheeks, and Noble are great athletes. Our defense goes against the scout team....not a big deal

ppl seem to forget thomas only had 600 + yards receiving in 2008. yet we managed to win 9 regular season games. i doubt DT's blocking in 2008 was on par with what it was in 2009. We need experienced WRs. We will get it done and CPJ wont have many more seasons like this one if any. We seemed to do pretty damn well against an SEC D the last game of the season despite the turnovers. Pollack has no more knowledge about PJ's offense than the average fan.

BayBay was a huge influence for our offense and without a player that could catch and block like he could we will not improve.

Ability to move the ball has not been a problem for us since 2007 (except for Iowa, LSU, Miami '09, Gardner-Webb).

Our problem is defense. We need D-lineman that can pressure the QB and plug running lanes. Its that f***ing simple.

If our Defense remains the same......Pollack is correct. We WILL need a game changer at receiver to help the offense have more quick strikes and rely on outscoring everyone like we did in '09.

1-2 more stops per game and we probably go 9-3 this year. Its all about getting better on D.

He is a dumb ass on ESPNU..Tom Luginbill puts him in his place all the time on there..

I had it on the "College football experts" last Tuesday (I was on vacation) and was literally watching for 4 seconds and saw David Polack get corrected by Luginbill. Literally. 4 seconds.

He is a dumb ass on ESPNU..Tom Luginbill puts him in his place all the time on there..

This. Man he is terrible as a sportscaster or whatever he is. You see him looking around off set and what not. Heard from my lil sister's best friend when they were in school with him at ugag that he was a total douchebag. I know quite a few other dudes in the same category as him Ive met thru friends that think their **** dont stink that went to ugag. Personally I wouldnt have said anything to him. Although if I did decide to converse with him, I would mention how we (Gators) stomp their ass every year hahaha!!!! :cool:

Pollack's education (or lack thereof) is very apparent every time I hear the moron open his mouth. He's not only uneducated, but he's also football illiterate.

Pollack is a douchebag

128926846934928466.jpg

Back