Miami FAMU fan fight

A) That is the same looking fight in the same section of the stadium from the GT-Miami game last year. It likely happens every week. I saw a guy get thrown down about 15 rows of empty seats. It looked liked military, so I figure they handle the discipline themselves.

B) If you are a young guy, don't fight an old guy. Either you kick an old guy's ass or you get your face kicked in by an old guy (likely the latter since they tend to survived wars). Either way, you look like a d-bag.

Fight was about the young guy dropping f-bombs. It was reported.

Even worse... Drop all the f-bombs you want - doesn't give an old guy the right to grab you by the head (terrible move in a fight BTW)....

Guess this old guy took PJs advice to heart - "punch him i n the face" except he got it wrong and grabbed the guy by his head instead

A) That is the same looking fight in the same section of the stadium from the GT-Miami game last year. It likely happens every week. I saw a guy get thrown down about 15 rows of empty seats. It looked liked military, so I figure they handle the discipline themselves.

B) If you are a young guy, don't fight an old guy. Either you kick an old guy's ass or you get your face kicked in by an old guy (likely the latter since they tend to survived wars). Either way, you look like a d-bag.

Exactly - what's worse than getting your ass kicked? Getting your ass kicked by an old guy...

Even worse... Drop all the f-bombs you want - doesn't give an old guy the right to grab you by the head (terrible move in a fight BTW)....

Guess this old guy took PJs advice to heart - "punch him i n the face" except he got it wrong and grabbed the guy by his head instead

Old people's values are different than younger people's. Saying the wrong things to a lady, especially your lady, are truly fighting words. So I'm not sure you can blame the guy--in his mind it might have been the proper thing to do. Younger people are more inured to foul language, I think, and less into chivalry, so we're more likely to be civil and let things go.

Really the young guy shouldn't be yelling the F-word at a TENNIS match, so he probably deserved to get kicked out. The old guy and woman probably deserved to get kicked out too.

Old people's values are different than younger people's. Saying the wrong things to a lady, especially your lady, are truly fighting words. So I'm not sure you can blame the guy--in his mind it might have been the proper thing to do. Younger people are more inured to foul language, I think, and less into chivalry, so we're more likely to be civil and let things go.

Really the young guy shouldn't be yelling the F-word at a TENNIS match, so he probably deserved to get kicked out. The old guy and woman probably deserved to get kicked out too.

I agree that he deserved to get kicked out. That doesn't give the old guy a right to attack the guy. I am as chivalrous and protective of women as they come, but I also understand that you can't just attack a guy for what he says. That's all...

Edited to add the following - the old guy should have asked security to step in rather than attacking the guy...

Exactly - what's worse than getting your ass kicked? Getting your ass kicked by an old guy...

I've watched both videos a half-dozen times, frequently using pause. I still haven't seen an old guy. Really. lol

I've watched both videos a half-dozen times, frequently using pause. I still haven't seen an old guy. Really. lol

NICE!!! Hell, I will be the old guy pretty soon... Maybe a reason that I advocate not getting in a fight with the old guy :)

There were three videos. Two were the Miami game and one was at the US Open.

Unless you were joking because you're an older guy and the "old" guy looks not too old to you. :)

There were three videos. Two were the Miami game and one was at the US Open.

Unless you were joking because you're an older guy and the "old" guy looks not too old to you. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I had not viewed the US Open video. My comment: While there is no fool like an old fool, I still would advise against messin' with 'em.

BTW, I was talking to an old guy today that resembled that old guy in the video. Turned out he was ten years younger than me. :D

Regarding the US Open fight, crank the volume on this version and you'll hear what the young guy said starting at around 0:30, after the woman slaps him first.

[y]E19D_-h9MIo[/y]

The people who really needed to shut up are the members of the peanut gallery.

Regarding the US Open fight, crank the volume on this version and you'll hear what the young guy said starting at around 0:30.

[y]E19D_-h9MIo[/y]

I didn't realize he got the poo slapped out his mouth by the woman. I wish I knew how to gif stuff.

Well my take on it after that video is that the kid is a disrespectful little asshole (and probably can't hold his liquor). He should have respected other people's wishes that he stfu, especially if he was shouting eff bombs. It's tennis, not a Philadephia Eagles game. And if you talk to a man's wife like that in front of him (or a man's daughter or sister or whatever she was) you are asking to get punched or slapped. The kid was an arrogant prick and he got what he asked for. I applaud the old guy. The US Open obviously needs better security. No way that should have dragged on that long after the first slap.

Regarding the US Open fight, crank the volume on this version and you'll hear what the young guy said starting at around 0:30, after the woman slaps him first.

[y]E19D_-h9MIo[/y]

The people who really needed to shut up are the members of the peanut gallery.

All I saw was her slap him and the old guy attack him.

Then everybody sides with the old people cause they were all old.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...eed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nydnrss/sports+(Sports)

Turns out all three were thrown out of the stadium and banned from the US Open until 2013.

The young guy should have shut his dirty mouth. He was acting like a typical guido and shouldn't have been surprised that he had it coming to him. Still, the woman and her father were the ones who escalated the manner physically. She slapped the guy, then there's the verbal sparring, then the father tries to choke the guy, then after those two tumble and the guido gets back up, the woman attacks him again.

The proof of this second video is why some Tech fans "which are stickler for the rules which they do not know" make me sick.

We are fans with plenty of dumbarses who would defend the stoopid kid till' the day they die....just like an Athens trial lawyer would do. Sickening.

The proof of this second video is why some Tech fans "which are stickler for the rules which they do not know" make me sick.

We are fans with plenty of dumbarses who would defend the stoopid kid till' the day they die....just like an Athens trial lawyer would do. Sickening.

Are you saying the young guy is wrong automatically?

On the other hand, the UM-FAMU crowd fight is just garden variety chaos in comparison. I kind of expected that since, after all, it is (the city of) Miami (or at least Dade County, or wherever "Free naming rights for a week with your purchase of a Marlins/Dolphins/Hurricanes ticket" Stadium is located).

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/03/2010-09-03_fan_trio_in_us_open_brawl_banned_from_flushing_tennis_tourney_until_2013_as_vide.html?r=sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports+(Sports)

Turns out all three were thrown out of the stadium and banned from the US Open until 2013.

The young guy should have shut his dirty mouth. He was acting like a typical guido and shouldn't have been surprised that he had it coming to him. Still, the woman and her father were the ones who escalated the manner physically. She slapped the guy, then there's the verbal sparring, then the father tries to choke the guy, then after those two tumble and the guido gets back up, the woman attacks the him again.

Good assessment, agreed.

Hell yeah he was!

He was acting like a complete fool.

What does he have to prove to an old arse woman and her father for cryin' out loud? geeze.

There is no video showing who started it.

There is, however, a video of the younger guy being assaulted and not fighting back.

On the other hand, the UM-FAMU crowd fight is just garden variety chaos in comparison. I kind of expected that since, after all, it is (the city of) Miami (or at least Dade County, or wherever "Free naming rights for a week with your purchase of a Marlins/Dolphins/Hurricanes ticket" Stadium is located).

Seriously you think this crap does not happen in stadiums all over the country? It only happens in Miami you sir are naive it is not just a Miami/Dade county problem. This crap happens everywhere.

Back