Michigan wusses out of game with OSU

Not gonna lie - If this was involving a very good UGA team in the same situation as tOSU and us - I'd advocate us cancelling too. This is the best öööö you Michigan could possibly give to Ohio State. Might actually save Harbaugh's job.

NCAA already waived bowl eligibility as a CFP requirement, so this only helps roll out the carpet for OSU. They get in despite playing half a season with no sick players and minimal injuries.

NCAA already waived bowl eligibility as a CFP requirement, so this only helps roll out the carpet for OSU. They get in despite playing half a season with no sick players and minimal injuries.
Yes. Hell, the BCS dictators would have put in Bama and the Drunken Irish if they were 0-0. Whole thing is a total farce.

Yes. Hell, the BCS dictators would have put in Bama and the Drunken Irish if they were 0-0. Whole thing is a total farce.

The 5 teams OSU beat are 2-4, 2-4, 2-5, 2-5, and 6-1. Indiana (yes, Indiana) is the only one above 33%. For them to get in will be a disgrace, and I think (1) it's going to happen, and (2) this cancellation is part of it.

If Michigan actually disqualifies OSU from the title game and playoffs, that’s actually a funny rivalry move.

haha you were gonna beat us, so we just torpedoed your season. Get wrecked.
Except for the millions it would cost the conference. But yeah, maybe its worth it anyway.

That's like when the captain is about to slam your ship into the rocks, you cut his salary a little bit. What happens if Harbaugh accepts the pay cut and stays? Harbaugh has destroyed that program. I don't think Michigan is hoping for anything - I think they have told Harbaugh to either resign or get fired.
"Harbaugh has destroyed that program." You serious, Shirley? The previous two regimes had collective winning percentages of .517, with 6 out of 7 seasons having 5 or more losses. Not counting this weird year, Harbaugh has a collective winning percentage of .723, and only once even lost 5 games in a season. He's obviously not lived up to expectations, but it's not like Michigan was doing great before he got there. He was going to revive Michigan football.

I dunno why any of you care how the season plays out.

The 4 playoff teams will be Clem, Bama, ND, and OSU

If Ohio State makes the playoff at 5-0, that would be BS.

Big 10 better schedule Ohio State someone to beat up quickly...

"Harbaugh has destroyed that program." You serious, Shirley? The previous two regimes had collective winning percentages of .517, with 6 out of 7 seasons having 5 or more losses. Not counting this weird year, Harbaugh has a collective winning percentage of .723, and only once even lost 5 games in a season. He's obviously not lived up to expectations, but it's not like Michigan was doing great before he got there. He was going to revive Michigan football.

Yeah, the combo of super super high fan excitement for the golden boy to be coming home, and the failure to beat the Buckeyes or win a Big10 championship, seems to have doomed him.

In fairness, Michigan is on the shortlist (with the likes of ND, Bama, OU, etc.) for most storied program in the country. Can't find many programs that have been that good, for that long. So beating your arch-rival now and then, and playing championship ball, isn't too much to ask.

To all the people in here creaming their pants that OSU is now eliminated from the playoff - they’re not. Everybody in the B10 is scheduled to play the final week. Assuming OSU does in fact get left out because of this rule, they would play the #2 team from the other division (#20 Iowa) rather than #16 NW in the B10CG. Not really all that different from a resumé standpoint in a COVID year.

Assuming they would win either game, 6-0 with wins over Indiana/Iowa isn’t all that different from 7-0 with wins over Indiana/NW. I’d like to think that extra game convinces the committee to leave them out b/c the B10 deserves to be punished for trying to single-handedly ruin the entire football season before crawling back with tail tucked. But my guess is even 6-0 OSU gets in over a 1-loss ND.

OSU should play Cinci this week god damnit. Would basically be a QF game.

Urban: "So here’s the job description, you ready? Win every game you play. Never lose to your rival. Get every top recruit. No off-field issues. Grad every player and every player drafted in the first, second or third rounds. Go get ’em.”"

I think you would be fine after "win every game you play" coach. Easy! :)

Urban: "So here’s the job description, you ready? Win every game you play. Never lose to your rival. Get every top recruit. No off-field issues. Grad every player and every player drafted in the first, second or third rounds. Go get ’em.”"

I think you would be fine after "win every game you play" coach. Easy! :)
He forgot the most important part of the job description... "We'll pay you millions per year, and then $5-10mil without work if we decide to fire you."

He forgot the most important part of the job description... "We'll pay you millions per year, and then $5-10mil without work if we decide to fire you."
When you have a scarce talent pool (HCs), you can demand contracts like that. CEOs often get the same deal with their golden parachutes...

Back