Michigan wusses out of game with OSU

~The Buckeyes are 5–0 and projected to represent the Big Ten East in the conference's championship game on Dec. 19. Under Big Ten rules, teams must play six regular-season games to qualify for the title game. The Buckeyes have already missed two games this season, so the conference will either have to change the rule or find Ohio State another opponent to play in order to qualify.~

Ohio State’s resume is awful. Beating Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, etc isn’t going to change that. They should be at home come playoff time.

My predicted Kirk Herbstreit rant is coming closer and closer to becoming reality

Herbstreit: “For me it comes down to this: how do we not take an undefeated P5 team? I can’t get over that. I know they don’t have any wins against top 25 teams. I know they haven’t played since last January, but it still comes down to the fact that they are undefeated, and a member of a P5 conference. Period.”

My predicted Kirk Herbstreit rant is coming closer and closer to becoming reality
That ahole is starting to get on my nerves. He exemplifies everything that is wrong with college $port$.

Undefeated. if they never played a game they would be undefeated. Does that mean 0-0 punches your ticket to the Big Cash BC$ Playoffs? Or only if you're O$U? Other than a close game against Indiana, they really HAVEN'T played anyone!

The BC$ Playoffs Dictatorship Committee USED to falsely claim that they were all about Quality Wins, just like the BasketBall Czars. Where are O$U's quality wins? But like the Little Fourteen Conference Flunkies, the BC$ Playoffs Dictatorship Committee will change every rule they have and everything they ever said just to get O$U into their little crapfest.

And why is P5 membership some kind of Golden Ticket of Entitlement? There are several G5 football programs that are much stronger than many P5 programs.

Eff him.

It's all corrupt. Blow it all up and send them all to prison.

Herbie did just say if Clemson and Fla win in the two championship games, they are in with Ala and ND - Ohio State isn’t getting in.
I want this badly. B1G and PAC-12 came in reluctantly after trying to throw the whole season, and put just enough games on the schedule to try to play a 1/2 season and get in the playoffs. The big 12 doesn’t have anyone who is near the top 4. Make it ACC/SEC and be done with it (or put in a Group if 5 team - this is the best year you’re ever going to have to test that out).

I want this badly. B1G and PAC-12 came in reluctantly after trying to throw the whole season, and put just enough games on the schedule to try to play a 1/2 season and get in the playoffs. The big 12 doesn’t have anyone who is near the top 4. Make it ACC/SEC and be done with it (or put in a Group if 5 team - this is the best year you’re ever going to have to test that out).
B1G thought everyone would follow their lead and cancel football over a virus with a 99.97% recovery rate. Screw them.

B1G thought everyone would follow their lead and cancel football over a virus with a 99.97% recovery rate. Screw them.
Where are you getting the 99.97% number? Concerned this may be Covid misinformation.

The case fatality rate is 1.9% in the US [1]. If you assume 10x as many infections in the population as cases, the virus still has much fewer recoveries than you say.

If you are talking about just people in the players' age group--players aren't the only people involved and the players aren't isolated from the broader community.

If you assume 10x as many infections in the population as cases, the virus still has many fewer recoveries than you say.
"Many fewer"? 10x as many infections but the same number of fatalities would mean a survival rate of 99.81%. (And that's to say nothing of the potential over-reporting among fatalities.) So you think 9,981 recoveries per 10,000 cases is "many fewer" than 9,997 recoveries per 10,000 cases?

In any event, take these comments about COVID into a different forum. No one wants to argue about COVID reporting in the football forum.

Wow, did Herbstreit say that when the Big 10 and Pac-12 had "cancelled" their seasons? If so he would be advocating for all 26 teams to get in to a 4 team playoff, without playing a game. Herbstreit is an idiot, a living, breathing big cry. Period.

Wow, did Herbstreit say that when the Big 10 and Pac-12 had "cancelled" their seasons? If so he would be advocating for all 26 teams to get in to a 4 team playoff, without playing a game. Herbstreit is an idiot, a living, breathing big cry. Period.
no I predicted Kirk Herbstreit lobbying for an Ohio State team to be in the playoff despite not playing the season. He did not actually say this. But I appreciate the compliments on my capturing his mannerisms and making it seem real.

That was satire.

Herbie did just say if Clemson and Fla win in the two championship games, they are in with Ala and ND - Ohio State isn’t getting in.
Fla is not going to beat Bama. You have a better chance of banging Margot Robbie.

Back