Michigan wusses out of game with OSU

B1G thought everyone would follow their lead and cancel football over a virus with a 99.97% recovery rate. Screw them.
68121292.jpg

"Many fewer"? 10x as many infections but the same number of fatalities would mean a survival rate of 99.81%. (And that's to say nothing of the potential over-reporting among fatalities.) So you think 9,981 recoveries per 10,000 cases is "many fewer" than 9,997 recoveries per 10,000 cases?

In any event, take these comments about COVID into a different forum. No one wants to argue about COVID reporting in the football forum.
Q: Why didn't you tell the dude who raised COVID to do that?
A: Because you like his misinformation, and you don't like the truth.

You sound like a dwag.

no I predicted Kirk Herbstreit lobbying for an Ohio State team to be in the playoff despite not playing the season. He did not actually say this. But I appreciate the compliments on my capturing his mannerisms and making it seem real.
So you lied.

Got it.

"Many fewer"? 10x as many infections but the same number of fatalities would mean a survival rate of 99.81%. (And that's to say nothing of the potential over-reporting among fatalities.) So you think 9,981 recoveries per 10,000 cases is "many fewer" than 9,997 recoveries per 10,000 cases?
Yes, I think there's a big difference in ~2 in 1,000 deaths and ~3 deaths in 10,000. It's almost an order of magnitude off, and 10x infections versus confirmed cases is generous.

So I don't think the Big Ten's postponement was as stupid as Ronricks was suggesting. The gist of his post was "Covid is not a big deal so they shouldn't have postponed."

In any event, take these comments about COVID into a different forum. No one wants to argue about COVID reporting in the football forum.

Covid seems pretty relevant to football this season. This thread is about a Covid football cancellation. You think we should talk about football & Covid but not in terms of facts and numbers? :shady:

Sun Belt is 3-0 against the Big 12 and Iowa State with 2 losses (one to a Sun Belt team) is 6 spots ahead of the undefeated Sun Belt champ who just went out and scheduled another random ranked team to fill their schedule.

Why are we even ranking G5 teams at this point. Because there’s nothing they can do to get into the playoff. Excuse used to be “they don’t have the resumé these P5 teams do playing a quality schedule every week.” Well now they ööööing do. Cinci has a better resumé than OSU. CC has a better resumé than ISU. And for some reason it doesn’t matter.

Sun Belt > Big 12 is literally the ONLY conference correlation we have this year due to minimal OOC games. And apparently it means nothing.

Don’t even rank them if you’re not gonna rank them fair. Cinci should be publicly challenging OSU to play this week and publicly crucifying them when they refuse.

Where are you getting the 99.97% number? Concerned this may be Covid misinformation.

The case fatality rate is 1.9% in the US [1]. If you assume 10x as many infections in the population as cases, the virus still has much fewer recoveries than you say.

If you are talking about just people in the players' age group--players aren't the only people involved and the players aren't isolated from the broader community.

The misinformation is there is a difference between dying with Covid and dying because of Covid those are two totally different things yet they aren't treated as such. I stand by the numbers and others are right nobody wants to debate this öööö on here it is partly my fault for bringing it up the point was what a bunch of pussies the B1G are and they did not want to even play and set their ridiculous protocols up for their conference to fail which is what is happening. They are getting the result they wanted. Screw them.

Last edited:
Don’t even rank them if you’re not gonna rank them fair. Cinci should be publicly challenging OSU to play this week and publicly crucifying them when they refuse.

Unfortunately I'm not sure this will be possible since the Big X prohibited OOC play this year and have denied member schools' requests to schedule OOC games previously.

Obviously they could change the rules, but given that they cost those other schools considerable sums of money by denying their requests, I think they'd take too much heat to do so.

Big 10 ADs meeting today. Expected to announce that OSU will be manually placed into the Big 10 title game. Perhaps the most blatant example in recent history of those in control bowing their heads to factories.

Unfortunately I'm not sure this will be possible since the Big X prohibited OOC play this year and have denied member schools' requests to schedule OOC games previously.

Obviously they could change the rules, but given that they cost those other schools considerable sums of money by denying their requests, I think they'd take too much heat to do so.
Three word rule change: The Ohio State

Three word rule change: The Ohio State

Yeah, but easier to just change the rules to let OSU into the conference championship game, which would piss off only Indiana, than to let them schedule an OOC game after denying the request from other big schools. Especially given how acrimonious that situation was when the requests were denied.

Yeah, but easier to just change the rules to let OSU into the conference championship game, which would piss off only Indiana, than to let them schedule an OOC game after denying the request from other big schools. Especially given how acrimonious that situation was when the requests were denied.
And, as was mentioned, the other way to get their sixth win is in the B1G playoff. The strange part about that is they are saying this game would be #2 Ohio State vs. #2 Iowa. But there are four other teams in their division besides Indiana that have the six games that make them eligible for championship game consideration. Seems like that drops OSU to #6 (the first ineligible) in their division, not second.

Big 10 ADs meeting today. Expected to announce that OSU will be manually placed into the Big 10 title game. Perhaps the most blatant example in recent history of those in control bowing their heads to factories.
Aren't they also going to spot O$U 14 points in the conference championship game, too, just to make sure? Why not - it's just another new rule!

makes sense. the sec would do the same with alabama and the acc w/klempsum. get over it. i also agree with .. during covid .. getting your best team in there. do u want to see alabama - northwestern in the semis? rules are made to be broken in the best interest of the sport or conference. get over it, you sound like a millenial.

makes sense. the sec would do the same with alabama and the acc w/klempsum. get over it. i also agree with .. during covid .. getting your best team in there. do u want to see alabama - northwestern in the semis? rules are made to be broken in the best interest of the sport or conference. get over it, you sound like a millenial.

The öööö would NW get into a semi? :lol2:

Back