Mississippi article on Bilbo

LOL! local boy has been wronged. everybody will go to hell.

this miss journalist has summarized every negative poster that has come up with every negative angle since 2002.

Let me see if I can guess what is happening on this board. Articles against Gailey keep popping up by different posters trying to set Gailey up so he can be an easy target for the core group who wishes to get rid of him.

My guess is someone is orchestrating the campaign and either telling each poster where to find the articles, or that particular someone is finding the articles and feeding them to the different team members to be posted on Stingtalk.

I did not just fall off the turnip truck.

Father Time

I just sent off an email to the article author asking him politely to check his facts before putting them in print.

For example:
"It's obvious Bilbo needs a change of scenery. And that's a good thing. From the looks of things, the Georgia Tech program is drowning in mediocrity right now."

Haha - combined, the Miss. schools went a whopping 3-13 in conference play last year.

Absolute crap. He says that Suggs has the inside track to be the starter? No mention of Ball. Little research. About like me writing an article about Southern Miss.

I've got some Mississippi pals and they've been howling ever since Damarius left the state in the first place.

Ole Miss, State, Southern - they were hot for Damarius coming out of high school. Ole Miss and Miss St figured that it was between them as to who would get DBo. Those folks were stunned when he left the state to come to TECH.

I hope he sticks with the team cause we need him.
I'd advise him to do so if he asked me. It's up to DBo and it's in God's hands at this point.

Wow...remember all of the posts about Mark Bradley never coming to practice? Well, it's pretty doggone obvious this guy has never shown up at one this year. But, never fear, that won't stop him from spewing forth with opinionated drivel about how stupid Chan must be because he isn't starting the "local Mississippi stud".

You would think from all of the posts and articles that I've read recently that coaches don't want to play kids unless they recruit them. As Hagrid would say in Harry Potter, "CODSWALLOP!". I happen to know several coaches (admittedly, most are from division 1-AA or Division 2 schools...but they're coaches, nonetheless) and everyone of them have said almost the same thing to me. That is, they could care less if the kid was recruited by Satan himself...if he can win ballgames, HE'S GONNA BE DA MAN!

Get off the negative bandwagon, people. Damarious Bilbo has had over 2 years now to win the job and he was unable to do it.

GO REGGIE!

This is just a hometown "feel good" article for Bilbo.. and I dont see anything wrong with that.. even if the facts are skewed a bit.. its what you would expect from your hometown..

Bilbo's performance in practice at the QB position was clearly lagging behind Ball and Suggs.. I dont have the talent and skills to coach, but even I could see the difference..

This isnt the first time a highly acclaimed QB out of high school has entered Div 1A and not play the QB position... its not the first time its happened at Tech... Mike Jolley out of Central Macon followed a similar path at Tech during the mid 70's.. only he rode the bench.

Just out of curiosity(sp) how many out right lies did you guys count in this article? Me, I counted many. He's an idiot amd must be related to some of the AUC writers.

This is NOT about Reggie Ball and who got the job - this is about how it was done and for me timing!

Sorry fellas, this coaching staff already had a mind set for Damarius capabilities. They should have taken the high road in April after spring practice - Chan had already said freshmen would play in all positions - this would have been easier to do then BECAUSE he made the statement.

I'm not the coach and neither is anyone here but considering the circumstances in Chan saying all positions would be open that meant the QB spot as well! He had already laid the groundwork in alerting the team - this would have played out better after spring practice.

It would have been a lot easier to swallow in April under those statements then now! Easier for Damarius (who's being hung out to dry), his teammates, the new players and QBs, the chemistry on the team and the preparation for the first game, in a season of more tough games then most.

This is not about "who" it's about "when and how it was done". In a season filled with questions and concerns - this would have already been taken care of 3 months ago and any ill will from the decision would have subsided and we would be concentrating on our first game only!

MsTA, how did I know you would bring that slant up. Amazing about my ESP abilities. Of course, most of the posters have the same ability.

The small minority continues their agenda.

Father Time

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
This is NOT about Reggie Ball and who got the job - this is about how it was done and for me timing!

Sorry fellas, this coaching staff already had a mind set for Damarius capabilities. They should have taken the high road in April after spring practice - Chan had already said freshmen would play in all positions - this would have been easier to do then BECAUSE he made the statement.

I'm not the coach and neither is anyone here but considering the circumstances in Chan saying all positions would be open that meant the QB spot as well! He had already laid the groundwork in alerting the team - this would have played out better after spring practice.

It would have been a lot easier to swallow what was to come in April under those statements then now! Easier for Damarius (who's being hung out to dry), his teammates, the new players and QBs, the chemistry on the team and the preparation for the first game in a season of more tough games then most.

This is not about "who" it's about "when and how it was done". In a season coming up filled with questions and concerns - this would have already been taken care of 3 months ago and any ill will from the decision would have subsided and we would be concentrating on our first game only!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">gailey has been saying that freshmen will get a shot. you have stated a lie when you claim that chan has said that freshmen will play in all positions. chan has never said that for any position. chan has stated repeatedly that at QB everyone will get a shot and the position is open. but ofcourse when you lie .. it's in jest. lol

after that you're ranting. bilbo got the majority of snaps in the spring because gailey wanted to see what bilbo could do. nothing was predetermined as you put it. there was no "mindset" as to why bilbo was getting snaps .. it was to see what he could do, if he finally grasped a simplified offense .. because we know what AJ can do.

as far as you talking about timing .. it should have been done as early as possible i agree. but it could not have been done after spring practice as you suggest. anyone with a little bit of common sense should be able to figure that much out. why? because ball or carter had not taken one snap till fall practice.

ball comes in in the fall and within 5 days looks better than a 5th year senior and a 3rd year RS soph. that is when the trigger gets pulled .. as early as possible.

as far as chemistry and morale goes .. come out and see practice and then make posts about chemistry and morale.

the coaches and the players are focused on the 1st game. so don't worry about where the focus of the team is.

Heckfire...Mtech...Under your scenario..All 1st string postions on a team are set in stone..Nobody but nobody can beat out someone else in Fall Practice...
Ball came in here and FLAT OUT Beat Bilbo out..PERIOD.... It happens everywhere..Look at UF Another True frosh. has come in and Apparantly has beat out the incumbent QB...Thats what competition is ALL about...Now you and the core group keep up that drumbeat..I think people are starting to read you guys pretty well...

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

It would have been a lot easier to swallow in April under those statements then now! Easier for Damarius (who's being hung out to dry), his teammates, the new players and QBs, the chemistry on the team and the preparation for the first game, in a season of more tough games then most.

This is not about "who" it's about "when and how it was done". In a season filled with questions and concerns - this would have already been taken care of 3 months ago and any ill will from the decision would have subsided and we would be concentrating on our first game only!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ms Tech is right fellas..

Chan could have told Bilbo in April that he wasnt going to continue playing the QB position.. all he had to do was look into the Crystal Ball they keep down there at the Edge.. if he had done that.. he would have known that Bilbo's performance would have lagged behind the others during summer camp, and he would have known that a true freshman would show up to camp and take over the position.. he also would have known that Suggs would show more consistency than last year and edge out Bilbo again..

Instead.. he gave Bilbo the majority of the snaps in the spring to give him an opportunity.. he told everyone pre and post spring that the position would be open to both returning and freshmen... he was also unfair to Bilbo when he gave him the majority of the snaps to begin summer camp....Chan was unfair to everyone because he opened the position up to competition.. and Ball is winning the competition..

I also think the BCS did Miami wrong last year by not telling them in week 5 that they would be runners up and not recieve the Sears Trophy.. they knew Ohio State was going to win the Fiesta Bowl... it was unfair to the Miami players and fans..

Here we go again...
pat.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif

MsTA makes no sense and anyone with half a brain can see that. The argument that Chan should have announced the move earlier is completely ridiculous. In fact, there's a much stronger argument that he announced too early.

This board is starting to really suck.

MS Tech, I have supported you on several posts and in some areas agree with you. However, to constantly point out what you consider Chan's shortcomings is getting really old. Your getting like my six year old who I have to keep telling to quit complaining. Why not wait and see how the season goes? If it appears Chan is not getting it done, it will be obvious and you will be vindicated. However, I seriously doubt you want that do you? That would mean Tech has failed and no fan would want that.

In regards to the QB matter, yes the timing of the decision and how it was handled is questionable. However, if you take a step back and look, Gailey did what was best for the team. It is obvious even to fans who haven't laced em up that Ball is the best QB in camp. Gailey could not have known that in the spring so to make any decision on Bilbo would have been premature and therefore irresponsible. By doing it this way be keeps Bilbo on the team (and any benefits that brings), and keeps the BYU coaches guessing. So far so good. Let's hold our powder from now on.

Ms. Tech, now I finally understand why you want him gone. Please add my name to the list!

I failed to realize till you pointed it out that Chan (that Jerk) would field a freshman team this year. Thanks for being patient with me.

Your quote: Chan had already said freshmen would play in all positions...makes things so much clearer for me to understand now.

Excuse me while I
puke.gif

This has to be the most lame brain, idiotic perception of ANYTHING I have ever read.

Its no wonder why you haven't tried to substantiate your opinions in the past. This post is a freaking embaressment to all that have wasted more than 30 seconds trying to understand you.

Before I add this, I will recheck and make sure you were not joking. Hold on..... nope you were being serious.

You have no freaking concept of common sense..period!

Would it ever occur to you that just maybe Gailey worked with Geiss(sp) and Nix over the summer to further simplify the playbook for Damarius. They were possibly confident that Damarius would flourish. When he did not, a change was required?
Based on your latest offering, of course you couldn't process anything that had a thread of common sense to it.

I haven't talked to Chan regarding this, but I have with someone else whom I trust down there.

Ms. T, I think its high time that you quit listening to your 2 georgee bosses. Don't you see they are just messin' with ya?
Once again, the answer to that is another no.

I am sorry to have gone on, but this just freaks me out
pat.gif

Back