Mississippi article on Bilbo

Don't misread MsTA, she is not a UGA fan, she is definitely a Tech fan. She just does not want Gailey to be the coach. She wants him replaced.

Now, you need to figure out why!

Father Time

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
This is NOT about Reggie Ball and who got the job - this is about how it was done and for me timing!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hate to pile on, and I certainly won't do it in an attacking personal matter, but in my opinion you couldn't be more wrong.

This has EVERYTHING to do with Reggie Ball. Reggie didn't show up to campus until Aug 1, and came out like gangbusters. Gailey recruited him knowing he *MIGHT* have the skills and talent to be a Div 1 QB. However, until Reggie took the first snap at Rose Bowl field, Gailey could not know for sure.

Well Reggie answered any questions that Gailey, You, I, or DBo might have.

Does the timing seem strange? Yes!

Could it have been handled a little better from the public's PERCEPTION? Possibly

Is Gailey out to "get" DBo and play his freshman guuys? I won't even bother to answer that ridiculous question.

You whole premise of "timing" and your failure to acknowledge the facts of the situation makes it pointless to discuss this issue with you further.

I ask you a serious and honest question... what "timing" would you have preferred and why?

QUOTE:It's obvious Bilbo needs a change of scenery. And that's a good thing. From the looks of things, the Georgia Tech program is drowning in mediocrity right now. Archrival Georgia routed the Yellow Jackets last December, won the SEC championship and put together a stellar recruiting class.

Meanwhile Braine had to answer dozens of letters from irate Tech fans wanting some type of explanation for the program's slide.

Here's a big reason why. The hiring of Gailey. A choice that's going to haunt that program for a long time. :QUOTE
Dang...I wish I had found this article first.
pat.gif

BOO

Beeserk..Forget asking her her response...No matter what unfolds this season Mtech will blame Gailey at EVERY turn..If we go 11-0 and get beat by Ugag she will blame Chan and again call for his head... If we go 12-0 and get beat in the Bowl Game she will blame Chan..Her and the few that are on an agenda to get rid of Chan will NEVER give up..If we go 13-0 they will keep it up.....

eh, sounds like a slam from a friend of bilbo's. guy doesnt even mention that ball has had the best preseason.

i say call the waaaaahmbulance for him if he cant deal with it. he had his shot.

Here comes Bdg again they are out to Bash a good man AND a good coach. Heres to us winning this year and SHUTTING you guys up..Of course regardless of whats best for our program..You guys DONT want Chan to win..

This article is too emotional but there is a point to me made. It makes no sense to switch Bilbo out of quarterback now. He will be pretty much useless at any other position this year. Bilbo should have been given a couple of starts. If he struggled, then play Ball. I'm skeptical of all these practice reports. All I heard last year was how great Suggs was practicing and every week was going to be his breakout game. Some players are not good practice players but play well on gameday. Brett Favre would still be on the bench if you went by his practices in his younger days. Ball may be the future at quarterback but there is a big difference between Auburn and Camden Co.

Like I said before - I'm a fan in spite of Chan. His decision and timing was challenged and not by only me. You can't garner this much pub about what you do from anyone with blinders on! We're not living in the dark ages. You choose to make everyone writing about him with disfavor, against Chan. How about the way he conducts business?

It's like a circus, everyone and their brother with ??? but everyone and their brother knows nothing, doesn't care, has an agenda, isn't a fan. If it were just a few but this goes way beyond a few!

Originally I posted my thoughts on what I believed it was and how it should have come down - now I know it was and am shocked! Digest that!

Ms.Tech: I wish you would retract the part about Coach Gailey making this decision in April. He could'nt have known how prepared Reggie Ball would enter fall practice, now could he. I don't mind you keeping your axe sharpen but there is no reason to grind it from here onto the first game. I realize that myself. As I and I am sure many others are doing you should take a wait and see approach.

After the Fresno game - Chan said everything was wide open. Maybe he SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID IT but based upon the performance of the last two games he did! Maybe his emotion came through and rightfully so.

In the mind set we all had after those two games -I actually agreed with the thought even though I disagreed with how the games were played.

Lie I don't - you all need to get that one straight!

Originally posted by Wrecked:
MS Tech, I have supported you on several posts and in some areas agree with you. However, to constantly point out what you consider Chan's shortcomings is getting really old. Your getting like my six year old who I have to keep telling to quit complaining. Why not wait and see how the season goes? If it appears Chan is not getting it done, it will be obvious and you will be vindicated. However, I seriously doubt you want that do you? That would mean Tech has failed and no fan would want that.

In regards to the QB matter, yes the timing of the decision and how it was handled is questionable. However, if you take a step back and look, Gailey did what was best for the team. It is obvious even to fans who haven't laced em up that Ball is the best QB in camp. Gailey could not have known that in the spring so to make any decision on Bilbo would have been premature and therefore irresponsible. By doing it this way be keeps Bilbo on the team (and any benefits that brings), and keeps the BYU coaches guessing. So far so good. Let's hold our powder from now on.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">See this is the problem I have - I never said it was the 'who' - my first post here; I said it was 'how and when'! I stated the reasoning I had behind it and not that Ball beat him out but that he knew in April Damarius was not going to make it.

I have no problem leaving this board - I've said that before and if the moderators feel I should - I will continue to be the fan I am and say what I believe - it just won't be here!

GoldZ, since you just said those who are trying to give the team and Gailey a chance to win this year have an agenda, let's talk about agenda.

Here is a gathering of excerpts from one poster on Stingtalk. Although, I do not think he is the main personality behind the agenda to get rid of Gailey, I do think his posts sums up the agenda of the core group.

THE EXCERPTS:

Braine will not be around after July, Curry will not be the AD, Stansbury will be, an we will have a great Head Coach come in under Stansbury. I believe this is what could happen, we'll see.

Yes, this July-August. If it doesnt happen we will be done. If it does happen the way I have posted then we will have the program in the right direction quickly.

The coach I have heard (again, all just talk at this stage) is one we all know and we all love. I think the AD deal is more 70-80% real and the coach deal is probably 50/50. But either way it took some BIG people to wake up Clough.

Money does talk, that's the way it is and the way it always will be, and the way it should be at this stage. 3-9 this year but dont worry.
Oh, and another thing...The coach has won Championships at all levels of football. I am not counting on it but if he was the next coach, GT tickets would be the hottest in town, especially if the expansion goes through.

It is chaos down there, the motivation is low, seniors can live off campus because Gailey allows them too, etc etc. I want it to change asap because I hate being negative but we need to get through this year.

Over under is definitely 3 right now and could go to 0 if we have some more starters not pass this summer-which is a real possibility unfortunately.

I am saying that with expansion the ACC becomes a premier football conference and WE at Tech can use it to attract a coach who likes to win and win big.

Hopefully the mantra I mentioned in earlier posts will intensify. I think it is as we speak but we'll see. Keep it up

I still think the organization as a whole needs a new leader at the top. A winning year wouldnt change my mind on that one bit.

My opinion is Gailey is not the right man for the job. He has to be given a chance- which is one more year, this year. But the most important issue for me is getting a new Ad with organizational skills and marketing tact to be able to assess what we have been discussing. And I will end the discussion on Gailey, but not on the other from here on.

As I have been saying, there needs to be a change at the top and start over in the AA. The buyout has been offered for a while, and nothing has happened. As some people have wanted and hoped, everything has been done quietly until now but again, nothing has worked. If they dont get it done, then it will get "very vocal" - "but something has to happen".

Stansbury would be a phenomenal choice. He is a true loyal Tech man who probably dreams of the Tech AD being the dream job.

If something is going to get done, as far as a job opening in the AA, it needs to happen quickly, because you want the next guy in place before year-end ( or at least know who it is early enough).

THe only thing is: $2million is in the contract apparently. What happens if Gailey doesnt cut it (Just a scenario, I hope I can eat these words as I have said before)? I dont think here is a buyout clause in his contract is there? THat would be big if we can get the AD thing straightened out (of course, if something happens).

MY REMARKS
[This sums up the agenda for these folks. If Gailey gets to coach this year and does well, their plan is dead. It appears it is already lost much of its steam at present.]

[The core group wants to make sure the heat is kept on Gailey and intensified. If Gailey should stumble, the group wants to be ready to oust him before the end of the year]

[If Gailey succeeds and has a good year, it will be impossible for the group to get rid of Braine. So, all of their hopes hinge on keeping the heat on Gailey and hoping Gailey does badly at the beginning of the season. Then they can come back with a vengeance and try to get fan support (Big $$$) to oust Gailey}

The core group is frantic because their plans will be nil if Gailey succeeds.

[Sounds like an agenda to me}

Father Time

I REALLY WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP AND THEN I COULD SAY - ha, ha! But unfortunately - joking at the expense of a program I have supported for this many years - IS NO JOKE!
frown.gif
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With supporters like you, who needs enemies?

Originally posted by Jack_it:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I REALLY WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP AND THEN I COULD SAY - ha, ha! But unfortunately - joking at the expense of a program I have supported for this many years - IS NO JOKE!
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With supporters like you, who needs enemies?[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have no idea about my support nor how I feel about 'how the decision was made' - it makes me sick!
frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Jack_it:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">With supporters like you, who needs enemies?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have no idea about my support nor how I feel about 'how the decision was made' - it makes me sick!
frown.gif
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're wrong as usual. I DO have an idea about your support...based on all the crap you've been posting for the last few months. If, as you appear to be contending, it's different than what can be garnered through your posts, then I would say that's hard to believe. What comes out of your mouth (or keyboard in this case) is from the outpouring of your heart.

And if you want us to be more considerate about how you feel, than be more considerate in what you espouse (i.e., your posts are making everyone else sick).

Ylok, excellent post on your last post! Well thought rebuttals to points which were quite eloquantly made themselves.

Spellingbee, great letter! My only regret is that you weren't my roommate when I was having to write term papers for Dr. Weiser at Tech! I could've used a bit of that fluidity instead of my BS'ity!

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

The more of this I read, the more I think this is all a hallucination.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">StinGTalk Banned By Feds!!

More Dangerous than Acid, DEA States

Fans Think GT Will Field Team In 2003,
Unaware Gailey's First Year Killed Tech FB

"Worst hallucination I've heard of since my last UGAg contract"-Jim Donnan

I gave my opinion on this decision and you fellas are still not seeing the point or the opinion. Just like you think I go after Chan - doesn't matter anymore - you'll post whatever just to disagree with me.

Now I know YOU ALL HAVE AN AGENDA - it's okay to have one with me - who's calling the kettle black now????? To win your points everything is okay - to give mine is BAD! SAME OLD STORY!
pat.gif

MsTA you have your right to your opinion. I have a right to tell you I believe it is a stupid one. I don't know why everybody is so worked up, to me it's quite simple.

1. Suggs sucked against Fresno and Gailey had it with him. Ergo, job open going into spring.

2. NOBODY took charge in the spring. Due to #1, Bilbo was put at the top of the depth chart. Message was clearly given however that it would be open in preseason and that freshmen would get a look.

3. Camp opens and Bilbo is #1 due to 2 above. Again he doesn't shine and in fact is not even with Ball. Even Suggs shows improvement but Bilbo does not take the opportunity HE HAS BEEN GIVEN and show the coaches he should be the guy.

4. Decision pretty clear to Chan and staff that it's either Ball or Suggs (ugh!). Since Bilbo is a great athlete there must be a better way to use him than standing on the sidelines with a clipboard.

5. Bilbo doesn't understand or like the decision. To me, that's good. The kid is a competitor and competitors don't like to lose.

6. Chan and Bilbo have a heart to heart. Bilbo will need to decide what is in his best interest. If he thinks he can still play QB he can either stay and hope for another shot or leave (like Williamson, Crenshaw, etc.)

The bottom line is there is nothing really unusual about this scenario except that we all had pinned such high hopes on DeBo (coaching staff included). He has had 2.5 years to take control of the position and hasn't done it, even when it was given to him. Face it, all he had to do was hold onto it to start the BYU game. He didn't do that.

MsTA, there are numerous points in that scenario where the Bilbo/Ball saga doesn't play out as it has. And most were controlled by Bilbo. If he has simply outplayed the freshman he would be the starter. He has noone to blame but himself. Hopefully he will realize that he got beat out and decide to prove to the coaches that they need him on the field. I wish him the best, but I wish for wins for Tech first.

Back