Moon Crew on Runnin' up the Score

18in32

Petard Hoister
1. Clemson finding new ways to disrespect overmatched ACC foes in garbage time, by Alex
Dabo Swinney likes to empty the bench. In 2019, Clemson used 76 players per game, 11 more than anyone else in the Power 5. It is a great recruiting tool, ensures young players are ready, keeps stars fresh, and doesn’t affect outcomes because the Tigers are always winning by dozens.

So I don’t think disrespect is the intent when Clemson starts throwing passes to its holder (who happens to be Swinney’s son), lets defensive linemen score offensive touchdowns, or gives its #3 QB two-minute-drill reps. It’s fun, and sports should be fun.

Anyway, Clemson visited Georgia Tech on Saturday. The Tigers pulled Trevor Lawrence early while he sat on exactly as many passing yards as Atlanta’s area code, then tweeted this:

Later, leading 73-7, they let their punter play QB for a whole series. The punter was two-for-three passing and completed a pass for a first down to Swinney's other son, a 5’8” walk-on receiver. Combined, Clemson’s head coach’s offspring had three catches. Georgia Tech’s whole team had six.

I know @18in32 's post wasn't a post to show more big cries, but did we need another thread to have more crybabies come out of the woodworks? It's Monday, for Christ's sake! Saturday is over and done with and now everyone needs to focus on BC and never allowing something like that Clemson game ever again!

Clemson will get paid back in due time, but right now they a significantly better team. Man up.

I know @18in32 's post wasn't a post to show more big cries, but did we need another thread to have more crybabies come out of the woodworks? It's Monday, for Christ's sake! Saturday is over and done with and now everyone needs to focus on BC and never allowing something like that Clemson game ever again!

Clemson will get paid back in due time, but right now they a significantly better team. Man up.
(a) I like the Moon Crew / EDSBS college-football-as-aburdist-humor thing. So anytime they mention GT I think it's worth bringing to the attention of my colleagues and peers at ST.

(b) There was plenty of discussion around here about Dabo's choices, how they seemed sort of out-of-character from they way he's handled it in the past, etc. Getting the viewpoint of a national 'objective' CFB commentator seems worthwhile.

But I did wonder if it was a little too late to post this. However, I was extremely busy yesterday with a family tragedy and so this was my first chance to post it.

Last edited:
To someone's point in another thread... we are not currently getting recruits that Clemson wants. However, that absolutely was Dabo sending a message to ATL/GA recruits about just how big the gap currently is. That at least tells me he is thinking about our recruiting efforts.

Also, Dabo probably just doesn't like CGC.

Dabo was nice to PJ because PJ didn’t go after his recruits and stayed in his place. CGC is ruffling feathers because he’s going after everyone’s recruits. Dabo trying to send a message. It was a dick move and I have generally been a fan of him until now.

Also shame on CGC for sucking so bad. Clemson outmatches and lot of teams and doesn’t beat them like that. This game was an absolute embarrassment to our program and CGC needs to get his öööö together and put a better product on the field.

I’m equally mad at both coaches.

(a) I like the Moon Crew / EDSBS college-football-as-aburdist-humor thing. So anytime they mention GT I think it's worth bringing to the attention of my colleagues and peers at ST.

(b) There was plenty of discussion around her about Dabo's choices, how they seemed sort of out-of-character from they way he's handled it in the past, etc. Getting the viewpoint of a national 'objective' CFB commentator seems worthwhile.

But I did wonder if it was a little too late to post this. However, I was extremely busy yesterday with a family tragedy and so this was my first chance to post it.
Don't know what family issues are but I hope that everything is ok now (or as good as it can be) and that I am thinking of you during this time!

Dabo was nice to PJ because PJ didn’t go after his recruits and stayed in his place. CGC is ruffling feathers because he’s going after everyone’s recruits. Dabo trying to send a message. It was a dick move and I have generally been a fan of him until now.

Also shame on CGC for sucking so bad. Clemson outmatches and lot of teams and doesn’t beat them like that. This game was an absolute embarrassment to our program and CGC needs to get his öööö together and put a better product on the field.

I’m equally mad at both coaches.
That’s all well and good, except CPJ beat Dabo 5 times. Doesn’t really fit the non-threat narrative. And tbh, nobody in the ACC is a threat to Clemson right now.

There might be the something to the suggestion that Dabo doesn’t like Collins, though. Sure didn’t look like it on Saturday.

(b) There was plenty of discussion around here about Dabo's choices, how they seemed sort of out-of-character from they way he's handled it in the past, etc. Getting the viewpoint of a national 'objective' CFB commentator seems worthwhile.

I don't know you, but I want to express my sympathy for your family tragedy. Sports is sort of the toy department of life. We use sports to keep our minds off the really important things that we can't control. At any rate, you have my prayers, and I would appreciate yours for my family and me, too.

That’s all well and good, except CPJ beat Dabo 5 times. Doesn’t really fit the non-threat narrative. And tbh, nobody in the ACC is a threat to Clemson right now.

There might be the something to the suggestion that Dabo doesn’t like Collins, though. Sure didn’t look like it on Saturday.

Different kind of threat that was eventually neutralized and therefore not really a threat any longer.

I don't know you, but I want to express my sympathy for your family tragedy. Sports is sort of the toy department of life. We use sports to keep our minds off the really important things that we can't control. At any rate, you have my prayers, and I would appreciate yours for my family and me, too.
Thank you – appreciate that.

Hope all is well for you and your family

Back