More G**** C****** crap

It sounds like she has a new role in a different department. This happens everyday in corporate. I hate The Clown as much as anyone but this doesn't strike me as a big deal.

It is a big deal. I’m sure most of you are familiar with the admins you encounter with top level executives. They are generally top notch and basically run the admin organization and make sure the CEO is on schedule and in a lot of cases controls access. In my couple of encounters with her she left me with the impression of being warm and engaging, but it was obvious she was highly competent and did her job in an exceptional manner. To take a person out of what they do best is stupid at best. Just another example of the ööööshow that was TFG. öööö him.

Not a big deal in and of itself, but another unpopular move he made while simultaneously being a giant loser so he deserves any heat he catches for it. Between this and running off DMo, it seems like Collins really didn't want any mentors and influences around other than ones he handpicked. That was his prerogative once he got the head coaching job, but since it didn't work out, every move he made is open to criticism.
He also burnt bridges and/or soured relationships with guys he hand picked to be his coaches that were GT alumni, Coleman Choice and Burton. The guy was a disaster all around.

What’s so special about this one woman?
I had several email correspondences with her over the years. She was always very helpful, courteous and caring.

One time I asked about getting a GT Football signed by CPJ. Her reply was WTTE of "I will be glad to help you with that. Mail the football to me at this address, and I will personally get Coach Johnson to sign it for you and mail it back to you, ASAP."

She was an excellent Administrative Assistant. And people like her are worth their weight in gold! :) :thumbup:

What game are we going to bring him back to so we can honor his service:cheers:
That depends on whether the HOF selects Tech to be the school where the honor is awarded on campus, or whether one of the other schools where he coached is chosen, and JBatt has a separate weekend to honor him.

That depends on whether the HOF selects Tech to be the school where the honor is awarded on campus, or whether one of the other schools where he coached is chosen, and JBatt has a separate weekend to honor him.

Since JBatt was tagged with the initial call, I believe it will most likely be awarded at GT, but if CPJ has any say in it, he might want it done at GSU or Navy. It will probably depend on where he would like to play a round of golf. J/K

Since JBatt was tagged with the initial call, I believe it will most likely be awarded at GT, but if CPJ has any say in it, he might want it done at GSU or Navy. It will probably depend on where he would like to play a round of golf. J/K

He was a little evasive about that on the Zoom call, and said he figures it was up to the HOF

His biggest achievements were at GSU (but I-AA), Navy was probably the most prestigious stop, and GT the highest level he coached at. Dunno which he/they would choose. Would be awesome to honor him at BDS and bring back some of his players for the ceremony. Who wouldn’t want to see Nesbitt, JT, Dwyer, Roddy, Laskey, Days, Butker, Harvin, etc. back on the Flats? Too bad that D. Thomas is no longer with us.

JRjr

I don’t see any reason why each school couldn’t their own thing. Of course, that would be up to CPJ if he wanted to do all that traveling.

Have to imagine all 3 schools would honor him independently at some point, regardless of where the HOF honors him. The actual shrinement takes place in Las Vegas in December.

That said, he was HC here 11 years, Navy 6 and GSU 5.

I don’t see any reason why each school couldn’t their own thing. Of course, that would be up to CPJ if he wanted to do all that traveling.
I think each school can and probably will do their own thing, but, from what I read, only one such event will be "official", in that it is sponsored or sanctioned by the HOF. And there is also the actual official HOF induction ceremony, which I believe occurs sometime in December.

Lol Geoff never won two games in a row ever much less a tournament lol
Geoff won 1 game for each month of football he coached at Tech. 3 months each 19-21, plus September 22. He only won more than 1 game in a calender month once (September 21), and one of those was against Kennessaw State.

There seems to be a disconnect between her farewell message and the response here. Yes, it is clear she blames Collins for phasing her role out, but she also describes the move to a new role in 2023 as a "shock." If Collins had the authority to neuter her role, it seems logical that Key would have the authority to reverse course. Surely a guy who was fired several months ago isn't still involved in staffing decisions.

If Collins had the authority to neuter her role, it seems logical that Key would have the authority to reverse course.
The head of party planning committee probably isn’t very high on Key’s list of organization issues.

And Georgia Tech's SID handled his Zoom call with the press - folks who cover Navy and Ga Southern were invited to be on it as well.

Don't put that where he'd like to play golf past him.
Since he's in North Carolina most of the time, I can see him do a weekend at Navy early in the season, do Los Boros in early October and then come to Tech for a late October/early November home game.
Or ...

the last Saturday in November. Where the pregame montage is "and that's an explosion play to start half two!", Roddy running to the hedges, the epic fist pump, the kick, the pick, Austin's INT of Jacob Eason, the Quantum Leap, the "we need to celebrate this one!", the "I'm so proud of you I'm about to bust!" and "we state champs! Aaaggghh!!"

Yeah, I know it's Senior Day and that would upstage it.
But come on. How many times do we get to rub their noses in it?
Move Senior Day to the next to last home game.
Do it J Batt.

Back