MsTA

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
(MsTA Quote)
Maybe against UGAG but not against Maryland, Wake, Clemson, FSU - those were all winnable games and players didn't sit down on the job - that was coaching!

That is entirely possible, but whose coaching, BOB's or Gailey's? If I remember right, the big problem was the offense and the quarterback play.

Who was coaching the offense and the quarterbacks?

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
(MsTA Quote)
Maybe against UGAG but not against Maryland, Wake, Clemson, FSU - those were all winnable games and players didn't sit down on the job - that was coaching!

That is entirely possible, but whose coaching, BOB's or Gailey's? If I remember right, the big problem was the offense and the quarterback play.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sheesh! You are just as bad as the people on the other side.

You just started a whole new thread on the same damn subject. My lord you and the people you argue with are the some of the most co-dependent people I have ever seen.

We have a new season starting for christ's sake. I already told Ms. TA to give it a rest, now I am telling you.

Hey,BeeSerk, that is not nice. Did others give it a rest? Then jump on them with the same vicious solicitudes......Thanks
smile.gif

Bezerk, I was responding to a post by MsTA under "WARNING Practice will be closed if". Someone complained about improper posts under that topic, so I moved our discussion to another thread.

You know, I really could care less that you told MsTA to lay off, and now you are telling me the same. If you don't want to read the posts between MsTA and I, that is your privilege. But, you do not control me nor what I post, so you might as well give it up.

By the way, she must not obey you either, since I am rebutting her latest reply under the aforementioned topic.

Father Time

Very good Ah---ee. You've invented a new one. "SWMNO" She who must not obey. Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
(MsTA Quote)

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why are you even bothering going here Ahso? MSTA wouldn't know a football if one smacked her in the side of the head. Unfortunately that must have happened to her as a small child givin some of the garbage she posts on this board. Needless to say, give it up Ahso. MSTA is hopeless. She's going to have her simple minded opinion and continue to be a cancer on this Institute with the öööö that she tries to promote.

YEAH, I said it.

I'm not ready to hang up on Gailey yet because I don't think you can fairly judge a coach on one season (remember Ross' first season?). That being said, I did witness possibly the worst coaching of my entire lifetime in the UGAG game last year. And, by that, I don't mean us being kicked around 51-7 OR our team quitting. IMHO a coach's job is to do 5 things: 1. Evaluate talent and put the best on the field 2. Recruit better and better talent 3. Motivate the players to play their best and 4. Prepare and install a game plan 5. Evaluate the play during the game and make necessary adjustments.

I won't even comment on the first 4 because those have been expounded upon ad infinitum on this very board, but I will speak on #5. Evidently, our coaches determined that UGAG's noseguard was so dominant that we needed to put our QB in the shotgun to protect him....okay, sounds like a good strategy. Now, here's my problem...during the game, our center snaps the ball along the ground 4 out of the first 5 times he tries to snap the ball. Three of those turned out to be fumbles...2 were lost. OKAY COACH...EARN YOUR MONEY...GET THEM OUT OF THE FREAKING SHOTGUN! Nope, didn't do it...we snap the ball into the shotgun formation 4 more times...three on the ground. At that point, I started evaluating our coaching staff in a different light. And I don't care if BOB was responsible for the offense, Chan should have gone over to him...slapped him so hard his headphones fell off...and told him to get the QB underneath the center.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
(MsTA Quote)

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sheesh! You are just as bad as the people on the other side.

You just started a whole new thread on the same damn subject. My lord you and the people you argue with are the some of the most co-dependent people I have ever seen.

We have a new season starting for christ's sake. I already told Ms. TA to give it a rest, now I am telling you.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Forget it Beezerk, this is all some of these people want to do. Hell, I know what they are posting before they do, it so predictable.

Before any of you begin to "preach" to
MsTA, the first question I have to ask
is......what is your background in
football?

1. Have you ever played? if so at what level?
2. Have you ever coached? if so, again at what
level?
3. How do you watch a game? ie; do you watch
only the ball or do you watch line play, etc.,
etc.?

Or maybe you're just one of the many fonts on
here that have attended GT games for a number
of years, so that gives you the privelege and
authority to spout off just because you don't
agree with someone else.

Futhermore, I find it very childish to come
on this board and create a thread just to
show off one's "male superiority."

I believe that you can use a private E-mail
to vent your displeasure.

Good grief! Why the heck are you all insulting each other? We are all Tech fans/family here right?

Yes and no. The Gailey regime has apparently divided fans along several fault lines - including the rather explosive ones of religion and new/old South. Fortunately, the games are about to be played. If Gailey bombs out the problem is solved. If he wins, the problem will eventually subside. The worst case would be a mediocre season that drags the controversy out for another year.

Aho,

Thanks for calling her out.. Like Bor has said she knows nothing about football and i still believe has an AGENDA against our coach. Why else would someone like her continue her drumbeat on a coach after only one year and a year we went to a Bowl. I know that ( And Gailey has often said that our goal is to win the championship every year) we didnt have a great year and Oleary and all of Gaileys Predecessers had off years. His FIRST year !!!!! Come on....

I have known MTA for sometime. She knows football and the players and when we discussed football she was on the ball with the exception of O'Liar (she really likes the guy). So MTA sometimes uses emotion instead of logic are we gona strip her of GT loyalty? Not me, not you, she loves Tech and thats good enough for me.

That is most likely the problem and thus the agenda. Her love for Oleary. I loved him too, when he was here BUT im now convinced that Gailey will in time be a better coach for GT. Oleary NEVER would bring in a new coach that he either didnt know or felt he couldnt bully or wouldnt put up with his heavy hand. When looking for a D.Coordinator Gailey wanted the VERY BEST and he asked his friends and Dan Reeves helped him get Tenuta. Gailey had never knew Tenuta nor worked with him but brought him in. That showed the kind of Head coach he was: whatever it is going to take to win. What finally turned me on Oleary was the Clemson game here 2 years back ( Anyone remember ? ) we had our big lead and once AGAIN our defense lost the game for us, and i finally realized that Oleary would lose before he would bring in a top notch DC that he couldnt bully or put the heavy hand on. It was a broken record under Oleary in that we had pitifull defenses all because he wouldnt bring in a Top Notch DC, he had Ted Roof here only because he could control him...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Aho,

Thanks for calling her out.. Like Bor has said she knows nothing about football and i still believe has an AGENDA against our coach. Why else would someone like her continue her drumbeat on a coach after only one year and a year we went to a Bowl. I know that ( And Gailey has often said that our goal is to win the championship every year) we didnt have a great year and Oleary and all of Gaileys Predecessers had off years. His FIRST year !!!!! Come on....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Black Watch: Did you come to the board to call posters out or to be a fan? You are alienating folks by doing that and so does everyone else by doing that! I know nothing about football - that would include everyone here unless they have been coaching or been a part of something in the inner-cirlce of the profession. Now, does that mean you are good at what you do - no. It only means that you were there and I wasn't!

You are NO different then I IN YOUR OPINION of this situation and everyone else here! Quit the moaning about me and WORRY ABOUT OUR PROGRAM!!!!
I'm not going anywhere for ANYONE'S SAKE, unless the moderators decide to make that decision.

If they do - that's fine with me. This board has become personal and should be renamed - STINGPERSONAL based on individual posts like your's and you just got here!!!!! There are some sad folks here that because of the game of football - this attacking junk continues.

I have a very good background about the sport and can say I was involved in writing sports articles and covering games while growing up in high school and college! Matter-of-fact, I covered them all, football, basketball, baseball, hockey!! So, don't anyone give me that junk that they know me and what I know. Making statements about who knows the game and doesn't is TOTAL SPECULATION because you don't agree with me!

I come here with an opinion and so DOES EVERYONE ELSE - that's all folks!
pat.gif

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I have known MTA for sometime. She knows football and the players and when we discussed football she was on the ball with the exception of O'Liar (she really likes the guy). So MTA sometimes uses emotion instead of logic are we gona strip her of GT loyalty? Not me, not you, she loves Tech and thats good enough for me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oldfoggy: Glad you're back and more importantly doing well - see you soon and thanks for your support. My liking George has nothing to do with my feelings about Chan Gailey. I railed George during his tenure here when I saw something I didn't like.

When George left and I knew he would for ND - it was in his contract, I looked forward to a new coach because GT now had a reputation of good football and consistent winning. Our recruiting of a new coach and our good past history had me excited about who the next guy would be!

I had my list made out and didn't bemoan the fact that George left! Quite the opposite - so, this is NOT ABOUT GEORGE. It is all about what I see in this coach. Comparisons are made in every sport and GT is no different.

Hope all is going well each day you recurperate!

Mtech Im sure most folks on here DONT want you to leave or wish you bad BUT want you to STOP trashing our coach. He is a GOOD person and Obviously a GOOD coach ( Just ask: John Davis, Dan Reeves, Emmitt Smith, Kordell Stewart The list goes on and on )

As to me being a newcomer, yes i just started this week posting BUT ive been reading this board everyday for sometime. I only started posting as others did when we as fans that LOVE GT and care about it, Got tired of hearing people trash our coach after ONLY ONE YEAR.. Ive been a huge GT fan for over 40 years...

Oldgoldbee, how long have you been on Stingtalk? Evidently you know little about the discussions that have taken place here. I don't think you should open your mouth too wide until you become educated on the subjects that have been discussed in detail here.

You are evidently very naive regarding the subjects here.

MsTA has been one of the main instigators of the get "rid of Gailey" campaign. She has stated she never liked him or wanted him as coach before he ever coached a down at GT.

She is constantly pushing the issue hoping, along with others, she can gain enough support to encourage everyone to put pressure on the administration to get rid of Gailey before he has a chance to coach this year's team.

Now, if you think I and the majority of Tech fans are going to sit here and let her and her kind accomplish this without giving Gailey the same chance all of the coaches at Tech have enjoyed, you are just blowing in the wind.

She is the instigator, and I merely rebut her false information. Now if you want to engage me in board conversation, have at it, but don't try to tell me what to do. You do not have the authority or the power to do so.

Does it make any difference if I ever played sports? Does it make you an expert if you have? Does it mean you have the authority to tell others what their opinions should be because you have played sports?

This is a message board for Tech fans to express their opinions. Each person's opinions are no better than the next opinion. You have no idea of the person's expertise or lack thereof, and that is the way it should be.

I could care less if you had played professional football and had been the MVP every year, you are still one poster with one opinon. That is how important both you or I are on this board.

Have I ever coached? It is none of your business. Again, you have no reason to know, and I have no obligation to tell you.

I watch a game just like everyone else, with my eyes, and listen with my ears. So, bigshot, I could care less about your desire to know the level of expertise each poster has or does not have regarding the game.

And will I spout off, yes, just like you have just done. You have just spouted off a bunch of nonsense that means diddly shiite in the scheme of things.

If you want to read my posts or other posts on the board, fine. If you do not want to read them fine. But, you nor anyone else will tell me how to relate to the other posters on the board. Post as much on the board as you like, but don't you try to interfere with my privilege of posting.

If you want to rebut my posts, fine, but expect a return rebuttal if you act like a jackass and try to tell me how to act.

By the way, I have not seen any rule posted by the moderators of Stingtalk stating each person must post his playing or coaching credentials before he could post his opinion on Stingtalk.

Father Time

Back