MsTA

Ahso, you consistently post about particular coaches, saying Friedgen was responsible for Tech's success and O'Brien was responsible for our lack of. To a degree, that may be the case - but the head coach is ultimately responsible for hiring and managing his staff. The great programs are marked by great assistants, where the coaching really goes on. A successful head coach knows how to assemble a staff and getting them to work together. Your point may be accurate - because O'Leary got Friedgen to come back and got out of his way. Gailey, either bought into the notion O'Brien was better than he was - a Braine sell, or he simply didn't have the wherewithall in the interview process to say he either wanted to do it himself or insisted on someone else he wanted to hire. Either way, he didn't oversee the situation very well.

Good head coaches know how to attract top notch assistants and let them do their thing as long as they are complimenting the overall philosophy of the program. So enough about assistants, if Friedgen was responsible for our success, then give O'Leary the credit for getting him on staff and likewise give Gailey the blame for O'Brien, not a pass. With his resume he should have stood up to Braine.

MsTA, you are welcome. How does it feel to be a star on Stingtalk?

Father Time

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Ms. TA, this is for you. I do not think you are a cancer to this program. Cancer is much more complicated and serious of a disease than you could afflict TECH with.

That said, I truly believe that you are in way over your your head on this particular piece of internet heaven.
If I had to guess, and I do because there are two gun wielding madpeople fixed on my head, I will make this statement:

Beginning in early Dec. of 2002, and running thru the Frsno State disater, your opine of CG as a terrible hire was agreed upon by most that cared about this program.

However, the reality that time heals sets in with ALL normal thinking fans, greatly reduced the number of supporters you have in blasting Gailey out after 1 year.

You are now in a vast minority. Almost all Chan retractors have seen the underlying events that have led to our current position, and those people have said its fair to give this man a chance to prove himself.

Its only you, and a few others to a lesser extent that want him gone regardless.

My stance is that you are a very stubborn person when it comes to an opinion you have stated. If I am right about you, you think you will be seen as a weaker person if you change your stance.This also happens when one does not truly understand what he/she talks about in the first place.

I just hope that you do understand that nearly nobody has given Chan a free pass this year.
Do you get that?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">AMEN BROHTER!

EVERYONE should just drop it. The season is starting.

THere are KIDS busting their arses right now in hopes of seeing playing time on The Flats. They are going to play regardless who is the coach. The KIDS are who we cheer for.

BOTH sides need to drop it. The problem is that they have become co-dependent on each other. If they BOTH don't beeach about Chan, then they wouldn't have much to say.

Ms TA, I believe you are a great Tech fan. I don't agree with you about Chan, but I don't fault your opinion either. I beg of you to simply ignore the attacks that people put on you. Just drop it. No one will think the less of you if you simply ignore the people that call you out. In fact, you could be the "bigger man" by ignoring them and moving on. If you want to fight these people, take into private messages and email. The board is not a place for pissing contests.

FatherWasp, Outside of Friedgen That was Olearys big weakness. NOT BRINGING in the top notch assts. He NEVER would bring in a top notch DC only because he didnt want assistants that he couldnt have a tight grip on. Friedgen being the exception, Ralph and he went way back. I believe as others that Oleary being a lifelong defensive coach never wanted that asst to come in here and upstage him...By the way Gailey is assembling a very good staff and attracting the very best see Jon Tenuta.( last week WES DURHAM said he was the best DC )

All the frenzied drones buzzing around The Queen Bee... Stinging her repeatedly with their poisonous venom... Wisdom not venom rules the hive... so the beleaguered drones withdraw one by one into their lonely darkness...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
All the frenzied drones buzzing around The Queen Bee... Stinging her repeatedly with their poisonous venom... As dusk turns to eve she rules the hive once again... and the beleaguered drones withdraw one by one into their lonely darkness...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">she is definitely thick skinned .. god bless her

MSTA, your ignorance and arrogance is absolutely mind boggling. I still maintain that you Ma'am are a cancer to this Institute. It's obvious you just don't know any better.

I don't put a lot of stock in what you are saying, or how important a person you are. My opinion, your opinion means little in the long run. But however small our opinions are in the big scope of things, our attitudes are what can be damaging, even in the most miniscule of ways.

Obviously unbeknowst to you, your attitude is damaging to GT. In however small a fraction it might be, it is nonetheless damaging.

Like I have spelled out for you a million times over. You can be critical of a coach. But you are not critical... you are unfair. And THAT is what is damaging.

So I will say again. You are a cancer to GT. Fan or no fan. And I will continue to be nasty and downright mean to you, until you pull your head out of your ass and realize what you are saying half the time you post is completely unfair to our Coach, the players, the fans, and GT.

You just are not getting it.

Regarding my post as to the poster/s
football background, I don't believe
that I singled out anyone in particular.

If you thoroughly read my post I think
you will see that I did not name anybody
by their font.

I merely asked some questions to find out
what your backgrounds are relating to
football.

I was only interested in finding out if
any of you guys have played or coached
the game of football.

And then I get a tirade from the PREACHER
questioning me about my naivety as a poster
to STINGTALK.

What gives, Preacher?

And by the way I am pulling that Coach Gailey
proves me wrong in my assumption for this year's
team. Like I have said before I will be the
first guy to step up to the plate and say
I was wrong. Then you guys can have a field
day with me if you want to.

msta i find your comments accurate. i can think of only 2 people who did not see chan was not getting the job done, ray charles and ronnie milsap.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
All the frenzied drones buzzing around The Queen Bee... Stinging her repeatedly with their poisonous venom... Wisdom not venom rules the hive... so the beleaguered drones withdraw one by one into their lonely darkness...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did you play too much Dungeon and Dragons as a child? MY God, I thought you were reading a chapter from "The Hobbit".
wink.gif

Old Fogey, you are correct. It is time to close ranks for the time being.

Also, BLACK WATCH is correct - Friedgen, Edsall were exceptions. His tenure was marked by mediocrity for the most part in the assistant ranks. Friedgen was responsbile in large measure for our record by outscoring opponents, but rarely have we had an exceptional defense.

Okay guys enough! Let this go! Giving her grief over her opinion is just plain stupid.

Live and let live. Gailey has a chance to prove himself and I am sure if he does a decent job MSTA will be the first to say so.

Peace.

Beesnut - you are correct, support comes with success and it's what I have been saying since this whole thing started.

PS: LLCool - your opinion about the VAST majority of Chan detractors has pulled back is just that - an opinion. If reading this board gives you that feeling - there are many more detractors then Stingtalk and there are many more Stingtalkers unwilling to say it - I'm one of that is willing to say it.

I have no fear in saying my feelings here and if my opinion changes it will be said. And your assessment of me - is void of anything - you don't know me personally and have no knowledge of the person I am. I can judge you by you supporting someone I don't care for but I don't - that makes me the better person here!

I put you in the category of being a GT fan who supports the coach.

I am the GT fan who doesn't until he shows me improvement and succeeds.

Ms. T, I will clarify my position and then rest it to the joy of many.

I am, like you a supporter of Tech football. No matter who is in charge(within reason), I will be happy with success.
My line of thinking is that positive thinking leads to positive results. With that in mind, I have given Chan Gailey my support to correct the disaster that 2002 was. I know what Ahso thinks, but to me it was a disaster that got worse as the season wore on.

This is hard to quantify, but I will judge coach in my own subjective view this year. Without placing a minimum win total, I will look at things like effort, discipline, and improvement. If he can take care of these things, wins will follow.

If we go to Provo and get hammered in a lackluster performance, I will be ready to punch my ticket on him.

Back