Mutt culture

Used to drive through Waycross routinely. It was on the way back to see my family closer to the coast. Could have routed myself to go through more of BFE Georgia but I felt like a shorter drive time instead of something that didn't take me through Waycross.
It's a city that time forgot.

I drove the back way most of the time from JAX to ATL when I was at Tech. Hoboken/Blackshear/Baxley/Hazelhurst beat Waycross/Alma/Hazelhurst time-wise.

Three of my six grandkids went to Hoboken Elementary and Brantley County HS. They went on to VSU,graduated with honors in Education,got their Masters in Education,and are presently employed as teachers while one is working on his Doctors in Education. Oldest granddaughter, a second grade teacher,is going to make me a great grandfather in late July this year.

There's more to Waycross than most people see just passing through, give it a chance.

[QUOTE="
There's more to Waycross than most people see just passing through, give it a chance.
[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Waycross was a booming city when US 1 was the main thoroughfare north and south. The Green Frog was a well known restaurant that everyone knew of. After the completion of the interstate it was hit hard for a while, but it has bounced back nicely. It has two great golf courses one private (Okefenokee) and one state course (Laura Walker State Park). Also not technically in Waycross, but the Okefenokee Refuge (Folkston) and the Swamp Park (just outside Waycross) are incredible places to visit. If all that doesn't sell you, they do have a Chick Fil A now, lol.

I drove the back way most of the time from JAX to ATL when I was at Tech. Hoboken/Blackshear/Baxley/Hazelhurst beat Waycross/Alma/Hazelhurst time-wise.
Been through all of those more than once, with the possible exception of Alma.

The biggest city in the biggest county in the biggest state, east of the Mississippi. Or so I was told.
Georgia is definitely the largest state in area east of the Mississippi River. The rest I’ll take your word for it.

If you count water area, then Florida is bigger than Georgia. That would make Jacksonville the biggest/biggest/biggest.

By land mass, Georgia is the biggest state east of the Mississippi. Ware County is the largest county in Georgia. That's true, too. Waycross being the biggest city in Ware qualifies it as the biggest city in the biggest county in the biggest state east of the Mississippi.

Out of the hills of Habersham
Down through the valleys of Hall
Our state is ööööing full of ööööing Mutts. Goddamn them all.

Michigan is bigger than both of them if you're counting water.

My bad. I ran down the list to double-check east of the Mississippi but Michigan escaped me. When did it move east?

By land mass, Georgia is the biggest state east of the Mississippi. Ware County is the largest county in Georgia. That's true, too. Waycross being the biggest city in Ware qualifies it as the biggest city in the biggest county in the biggest state east of the Mississippi.

Out of the hills of Habersham
Down through the valleys of Hall
Our state is ööööing full of ööööing Mutts. Goddamn them all.
Song Of The Mutts. I never knew Sidney Lanier was a mutt.

Thread needs to be changed to Sec culture I had a vols fan barking and screaming go dwags because he want's to see tech be ashamed. Same thing with a michigan fan.

Because they are what they are:

Marvin Harrison Jr. reacts to signed ‘Night Night’ Georgia picture from hit that knocked him out of Peach Bowl (yahoo.com)

FoaFRFxWAAMysNb

Back