Mutt culture

Buck Belue 2.0. Will hang around cesspool for next 40 + years milking it.
Zeier too.

I used to work with Zeier's dad. Thankfully, that was 20 plus years ago. The head of sales was a big time Mutt too but once he found out I knew Erk personally, he took a liking to me. Nice enough guy. One of the few in that building.

Bennett will go back to Blackshear, be the local mortgage broker or maybe even an Edward Jones or Charles Schwab guy, with a weekly golf group at Sapelo Hammock and a condo on St. Simons, along with a hunting club membership down on the Satilla. And he won't ever have to pay for another drink in Athens.
And one day he'll have one too many during a tailgate and he'll be on the pregame show and say something he can't take back.
And he'll still never have to pay for another drink in Athens.

I think you meant that to be insulting but it’s a life I would take!

I think you meant that to be insulting but it’s a life I would take!
No. It's just the Mutts will look after their own. Whether they are former players riding shotgun on the garbage truck or star QBs following the path of resting on their laurels for the remainder of their days
They will close ranks and protect - whether it's Stetson or Kirby f-bombing his way through a pregame speech or some guy getting paid under the table to fix stuff. Even after Jan Kemp (American hero) pulled back the curtain, they dug in. And they'll do it again.

If the allegations are true, Kirby cannot be allowed to continue as head coach.

It's as simple as that. If I were a recruit, I would start look elsewhere. Without institutional restraint, UGA is a Baylor waiting to happen.
Not present day athletes. These guys are beating down the door to go to uGag because of all the non-athletic ‘perks’ included. Hell it’s no wonder S Bennett stayed as long as he did. Can only imagine all the öööö Gantt and Tolley have gotten that tool out of.

You’ve obviously never been to Blackshear.
I have. Applied for a job there once. It's a typical small S GA town. There's lots to like about it, but there's also lots to dislike. Kind of like suburban Atlanta. The main advantages are it is close to the beach and a traffic jam there is 6 cars waiting on the postman on a 2-lane road.

I have. Applied for a job there once. It's a typical small S GA town. There's lots to like about it, but there's also lots to dislike. Kind of like suburban Atlanta. The main advantages are it is close to the beach and a traffic jam there is 6 cars waiting on the postman on a 2-lane road.
It’s not even close to the beach. It’s over an hour away. Waycross is the closest thing of any significance.

It’s not even close to the beach. It’s over an hour away. Waycross is the closest thing of any significance.
You realize "close" is a relative term, right? It's far closer than anything around metro Atlanta, so to me it's close. Also, there's a few family who are scattered about those parts, and they're significant. A daughter and son-in-law in Valdosta are relatively close, too (there's that term again). Waycross is a hot place, in more than one way. Fishing on the Satilla and Altamaha is nice and there's plenty of space to hunt quail or whatever. There's also the rattlesnake roundup. Did I mention no traffic? What's not to like about all that? Are you just a city boy?

no thanks, The gnats will drive you insane unless your born there

You realize "close" is a relative term, right? It's far closer than anything around metro Atlanta, so to me it's close. Also, there's a few family who are scattered about those parts, and they're significant. A daughter and son-in-law in Valdosta are relatively close, too (there's that term again). Waycross is a hot place, in more than one way. Fishing on the Satilla and Altamaha is nice and there's plenty of space to hunt quail or whatever. There's also the rattlesnake roundup. Did I mention no traffic? What's not to like about all that? Are you just a city boy?
I have no through with rural life. In fact, I’m itching to buy some wooded acreage somewhere in the not too distant future. It won’t be near Blackshear though.

Zeier too.

I used to work with Zeier's dad. Thankfully, that was 20 plus years ago. The head of sales was a big time Mutt too but once he found out I knew Erk personally, he took a liking to me. Nice enough guy. One of the few in that building.
They had a little bar in Marietta at one point. He walked up to my dad and said "I'm Eric Zeier" like dad was gonna be impressed. Dad was like "who?"

The only thing of significance in Waycross is that it is the home of Gram Parsons. He was smart enough to leave.
Used to drive through Waycross routinely. It was on the way back to see my family closer to the coast. Could have routed myself to go through more of BFE Georgia but I felt like a shorter drive time instead of something that didn't take me through Waycross.
It's a city that time forgot.

Used to drive through Waycross routinely. It was on the way back to see my family closer to the coast. Could have routed myself to go through more of BFE Georgia but I felt like a shorter drive time instead of something that didn't take me through Waycross.
It's a city that time forgot.
They actually used to have a decent restaurant there called the Duckpond. Of course the CSX freights were about 6 feet from it. I think Blackshear has a decent country club on the Satilla

Back