My sources say Ted Roof for DC

I wouldn't get my panties in a wad. I would think that maybe, just maybe he has learned and improved in 14 years.

Don't be confused as to Ted Roof the DC and Ted Roof the DC under O'Leary. I've been told by quite a few people with ties to the program that Roof wanted to run a more aggressive defense but O'Leary dictated that we run zone coverages in the secondary and force teams to march the ball down the field.

I, for one, like this hire a lot.

I hope this is the case. If this is the bend but don't break Roof, it's hide yo wife hide yo kids time.

Well. So much for the Paul Johnson era. Roof Has been fired as a DC at this level so many times.

Who knows. I guess we'll see.

You had a straw left? This may be the most surprising news of the day.

Well, I've been on record as saying the next hire for DC will be Paul Johnson's last chance and he goes out and hires Ted Roof.

Really?

Ted Roof?

Did anyone else see Auburn's defense when Cam Newton was quarterback and Nick Fairley was their best Dlineman? They were PATHETIC.

That's what he spent most of the last 14 years doing. But like I said, it was Duke, a very difficult situation at best.

He was only head coach at Duke for 4 years. Please explain how that is "most" of 14 years.

And the Auburn fans are howling.

The same Auburn fans that won a national championship with him as DC? IIRC, the Oregon offense was averaging almost 50 points per game that year and Auburn held them to less than 20 points.

He was only head coach at Duke for 4 years. Please explain how that is "most" of 14 years.

1 is the first number and 4 is the second. So 4 is half of the numbers by volume, and I think density is probably pretty important in this equation too. The 1 is only like .125 of it.

Well, I've been on record as saying the next hire for DC will be Paul Johnson's last chance and he goes out and hires Ted Roof.

Really?

Ted Roof?

Did anyone else see Auburn's defense when Cam Newton was quarterback and Nick Fairley was their best Dlineman? They were PATHETIC.

THAT!

This was with all the talent money can buy ... literally!

besides his bad defenses while at auburn, can some people use actual facts to why he is a mediocre or terrible hire? I know thats a tough thing to ask on here, but...

Mediocre hire.

Unfortunately, that's probably the pool we were playing in. The good, proven ones had been snapped up and we were left to taking a risk on an unproven guy (like Kelly) or a not so exciting re-tread. It might work out, might not. Either way, give him a chance.

Back