Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Jesus H.W. Bush, can we quit beating a ööööing horse for a minute especially on twitter?

Why would a recruit come if they think the fan base wants the coach gone regardless?

Why would a recruit come to a program that doesn’t care about winning? And with fans that don’t care about winning?

Why would a recruit come to a program that doesn’t care about winning? And with fans that don’t care about winning?
Our fans DO care about winning, and when they don't see it happening, they quit coming to the games. I will be there next Fall, no matter what I think of our coaches or our chances, but there are a helluva lot who won't be there.

I keep all my negativity (realism) on boards like ST. I do think some of the Twitter stuff with players is overboard.

With that said, CGC has earned no real or fake optimism. I cannot give an optimistic viewpoint on a clown show and embarrassment of my alma mater.

I sincerely believe we have one of the top 10 worst HCs in FBS. (He might be an excellent recruiter, but even that trait doesn’t vault him higher in my opinion). Also, he is thin-skinned evidenced by his refusal to take fan/alum questions each week during the season. This makes it hard to have any respect for him or any sympathy for him.

Last edited:
A lot of y’all don’t even get what I’m saying and that’s ok. Yeah I’m not pleased with Collins and called for his head. But damnit if at some point it doesn’t actually start to hurt us further.

Our fans DO care about winning, and when they don't see it happening, they quit coming to the games. I will be there next Fall, no matter what I think of our coaches or our chances, but there are a helluva lot who won't be there.

Yea. That’s a normal fan reaction to a terrible product. As is questioning the worst coach in program history. I pass no judgement on good fans who are doing either.

A lot of y’all don’t even get what I’m saying and that’s ok. Yeah I’m not pleased with Collins and called for his head. But damnit if at some point it doesn’t actually start to hurt us further.
I think we all get your point but from my perspective being delusional and portraying the program as elite, on the rise, etc makes us a joke. Be honest with the recruits- our strategy failed, we made mistakes, and now we’re going to …… It would sell. If we tell them we’re going to invest in better coaches, get rid of bad performers, etc and follow that up with action, we got a chance. We tell them the DC is going to move down and a month later we renege, it’s not a good look. If that was the only poor look ok, but it’s one of many.

Listen I’m just as negative @swampsting I just think we need to do better is all.
9-25
That says it all.
Until he turns that around, all I got is negativity.
In three years, I have seen nothing that would put even an iota's worth of positivity in my frame of mind.
And I really don't care if the players notice the fans are negative. We're supposed to be vomiting sunshine and farting rainbows after three years of this öööö?

You should be more worried when the negativity stops, and then there is just silence because the majority of the fans just stop caring.

GT is such a clown show right now I actually take solace in the negativity. I used to get upset and it, but at this point it's becoming a running joke.

The negativity will end if the clown show ever ends. But for now, let's see if the jester can make us laugh more.

It's not like we have any control on what is going on anyway, so why so much hand-wringing over this?

You’ll take the over after we lost the two best guys on our offense and our whole defense? As well as keeping our same garbage DC from last year? Bold strategy.
Yes. I will take the over, for $100.

You betting me?

There's a difference between being realistic and being a jackass.

No one's saying you need to vomit rainbows. But maybe take a little less joy in slamming the program and make your realism a little less personal -- believe it or not you don't have to call CGC a clown every other post or make fun of his hair in order to express dissatisfaction with 9 wins in 3 years.

All Collins has to do is WIN, to shut everyone up.... However he has caused this....His used car salesman gig, where he makes fun of the Coach who is the only Coach since Dodd to post multple double digit wins since Bobby Dodd....Talk of making Tech great again and putting them in teh national conversation.. Geoff Collins this fan base hate, rage, disdain...it is all on him, plain and simple.. We are at the lowest point in 30-40 years. Collins is uppose to be a Defensive coach, a DBU Coach how bad were we in year three... Total Defense: 117/130, Passing Yards Allowed: 121/130, Rushing Yards Allowed: 100/130

I think he has shown the world what not to do when you are a head coach...... FWIW all the SA are having fun losing (per interviews from SA since CGC arrived), and look cool losing in their new Adidias uniforms...so there is that one postitive

the only Coach since Dodd to post multple double digit wins since Bobby Dodd....
1641126972539.gif

well no matter which side your own, can we all agree that Collins needs to lose the whole digital/social media bullshit? We now have these privileged self-indulged 18 years olds spouting off about everything under the sun with broken English. Collins has his own style, but anyone with any sense would dial back on digital branding and marketing and focus on football. The first thing to go would be elimination of the walk on's and those who are "below the line" being forced to do cheerleading antics on the sideline. Of course, he thinks that wins games, so let's see how effective it is the next 12 games.

Some of us have too much. Players DO notice, and we need to stop.

Termites don't care. They don't care what harm they do. They just rationalize their bad behavior and continue to chew away at the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back