Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
CGC has done a decent job recruiting despite the poor on the field showing. We have a new OC, which can turn things around during the season. We’ll see if the position coach shuffling on defense helps (along with the incoming DL).

If we can show some improvement, we should be able to build on that. No need to bitch and moan about what should have been.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Collins hasn't tweeted since September. We have employees whose job it is to do marketing and social media, as every program does. Who cares what the scout team does during games? There is plenty of valid criticism but you guys focus on weird things.
Collins himself said he is going to start focusing less on culture and more on football. So I think complaints about that must have at least some legitimacy if the coach himself agrees with them.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don't agree with this. Venting frustrations is natural, especially in game threads or temporary forums like some other boards do. But yes, watching the entire board get treated like a game thread 24/7 is toxic with the nonstop perjoratives
Venting daily when nothing is going to change for another year is just ridiculous. @Akinji07's weekly polls this season made it abundantly clear where the mindset of the fanbase is regarding Collins. Nothing more needs to be said.

rain

Dodd-Like
We will probably improve next year- perhaps more than we expect
It would be miraculous if this program got 7 wins
But is that enough?
Who’s to say that anyone will then be convinced we will win more after that - that we will then move to winning 8-9 games a year
I think the impression is that our coaches can’t coach and that 7 wins would just be a fluke
At this point not one believes that this staff is what we need at GT
Everyone knows this was a financial decision based on keeping as many of the recruits as possible and whittling down what we owe Collins
Nobody’s fooled
Maybe the best we could do right now
But not a great way to run the program
Lame duck year that’s a lose lose for everyone

gtphd

What a time to be alive
But is that enough?
I’ve posted this a few times before, but my take is that <6 wins and we’re all in agreement that CGC must go. >7 and we’re all in support of another year for CGC. 6-7 wins and we argue.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
But is that enough?
Who’s to say that anyone will then be convinced we will win more after that - that we will then move to winning 8-9 games a year
I think the impression is that our coaches can’t coach and that 7 wins would just be a fluke
At this point not one believes that this staff is what we need at GT
Everyone knows this was a financial decision based on keeping as many of the recruits as possible and whittling down what we owe Collins
Nobody’s fooled
Maybe the best we could do right now
But not a great way to run the program
Lame duck year that’s a lose lose for everyone
We lose our best RB, our best receiver, 2 or 3 starters off the OL, our starting DT, our best LB, 2 or 3 starting DBs (I'm losing track there), and our kicker (remember what the kicking game was like the previous season?). Yeah, I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will not be better next year.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
This was posted on FB, and is hilarious satire, which unfortunately rings too true ---
That is ööööing stupid and you're stupid for coming in here claiming it is "hilarious".

Got any other funny stuff you'd like to post? Carlos Mencia videos? Elaine Boozler? Dane Cook?

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
We lose our best RB, our best receiver, 2 or 3 starters off the OL, our starting DT, our best LB, 2 or 3 starting DBs (I'm losing track there), and our kicker (remember what the kicking game was like the previous season?). Yeah, I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will not be better next year.
IMO, the 2 OL transfers are upgrades over the two they're replacing. Biggest question will be if Long can do a better job with the offense than Patenaude did. Not sure it could be worse but we'll see.

Defensive backfield was our biggest issue last year. The number of receivers who caught passes > 10 - 15 yards down field with no defender within 5 yards of them was simply astounding. The depth back there is the most concerning aspect to me for the upcoming season.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
That is ööööing stupid and you're stupid for coming in here claiming it is "hilarious".

Got any other funny stuff you'd like to post? Carlos Mencia videos? Elaine Boozler? Dane Cook?
I know. Everyone is entitled to be an asshole. You and several other posters have taken the asshole flag and douched up the football board like heroes.
LOL
:fingersx:

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
9-25
That says it all.
Until he turns that around, all I got is negativity.
In three years, I have seen nothing that would put even an iota's worth of positivity in my frame of mind.
And I really don't care if the players notice the fans are negative. We're supposed to be vomiting sunshine and farting rainbows after three years of this öööö?
Well said and agree 100%.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
IMO, the 2 OL transfers are upgrades over the two they're replacing. Biggest question will be if Long can do a better job with the offense than Patenaude did. Not sure it could be worse but we'll see.

Defensive backfield was our biggest issue last year. The number of receivers who caught passes > 10 - 15 yards down field with no defender within 5 yards of them was simply astounding. The depth back there is the most concerning aspect to me for the upcoming season.
2 transfers that didn't play a lot at their previous programs are going to be better than Cochran who was one of the best OL in the SEC before he transferred and Ryan Johnson who at least started for Tennessee? I'm skeptical.

But you're a miserable prick who wants to make sure everyone else is miserable with you. "Whaaaa whaaa.....everyone look at me not liking coach Collins.....whaaaa" ööööing pussy crybaby
That is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.....and full of you usual string of personal insults. You are pathetic.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I don't agree with this. Venting frustrations is natural, especially in game threads or temporary forums like some other boards do. But yes, watching the entire board get treated like a game thread 24/7 is toxic with the nonstop perjoratives
Wtf is a perjorative?

Status
Not open for further replies.