New DB Coach: Travares Tillman

Lol hard to display the retread rot in the GTAA more than the Godsey offer and Tillman being rumored as a position coach. FYI Michigan State somehow had a defense comparable to ours last year, they were just good enough on offense to still win.
It’s like the only coaching people Gef knows are those he met as a GA here. Use some of those ööööing Alabama and Florida contacts bro.

So with one DB coach where do we put the extra coach?

Special teams only?
Dedicated QB coach?
New DC? (Yes please)

Alums as position coaches works well because they are heavy recruiters. I think MSU's pass defense numbers this year are a bit skewed by how much teams threw against them. Their yards/attempt and yards/completion are a good bit better than ours.

#121 vs #130

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That's a stretch. Take a look at the number of attempts against MSU compared to GT. They played several pass heavy offenses this year (WKU, tOSU, etc.) A better stat to look at would be yards per attempt. MSU gave up 7.29 yd/att and GT gave up 9.78(!!!). That puts them around mid 60's and puts GT guess where? Dead last.

Long will be the QB coach. I'm going with dedicated ST.

Geoff can't öööö up the defense this year. He's gonna want to own it.
We were paying the TEs coach to also do half of ST. If we take him off that and hire a dedicated ST coach, do we get to lower his salary?

Long will be the QB coach. I'm going with dedicated ST.

Geoff can't öööö up the defense this year. He's gonna want to own it.
I agree with this although it depends on who they can get. If they can't find a dedicated ST coach they want but can find a good QB coach, I could see Long taking over TE's and giving the ST job solely to Wiesehan.

If it brings us back to "leaky roof" status, I'll be satisfied. At least we got after the ball under Roof. Just sucked on 3rd downs.

I’m curious what DB coach would be considered an exciting hire? Can anyone actually name a single DB coach that doesn’t coach for Tech?

I can't name a single one, but I Google guy and his resume is pretty blank. I'm not saying he's bad or even worse than other DB coaches, the group may not be experienced on average, just that there isn't anything there to make me go "hey we got a good one". Not exciting.

I can't name a single one, but I Google guy and his resume is pretty blank. I'm not saying he's bad or even worse than other DB coaches, the group may not be experienced on average, just that there isn't anything there to make me go "hey we got a good one". Not exciting.
At least it's hard to feel any frustration or such with it. Unlike the offense and that hire, in this case we truly can only move up.

Back