New DB Coach: Travares Tillman

I told you guys that Thacker wasn't getting demoted. There were never any posts or articles that said anything was happening to Thacker.
That was the way I interpreted Stansbury’s letter, “hires that bring new leadership on both sides of the ball”. Looking back I can see how that might just be another way of saying new offensive and defensive assistants, not necessarily coordinators. Not a Tstan hater but that’s a bit disappointing.

I told you guys that Thacker wasn't getting demoted. There were never any posts or articles that said anything was happening to Thacker.
Not exactly, there was an article or tweet that said he wouldn't be in the same position next year.
However no one suspected that he might get promoted to full DC from Co-DC after passing efficiency defense was last, 130th.

That's a KQ fact.
you're right, it was a KQ tweet i think or maybe someone reported it
hmmm
knowing that folks would just assume that any change for Thacker would be downward ....
do ya think KQ was trying to help some salesman to appease the fans to buy some time ???

I remember Tillman from his high school days at Toombs County.
I don't know if he'll be an improvement over what we had, but it would be hard to be worse. Not saying that's not possible...

Collins never indicated there'd be a change at DC as far as I'm aware. His statement just said he felt there needed to be changes in leadership on both sides of the ball. The "leaders" on the defensive side he's referring to are probably the two secondary coaches.

Does this mean Thacker is still the defensive coordinator? Sure sounds like it. Very uninspiring if so.

Welcome Coach Tillman….need to get to work fast.

no true supporter of Tech would ever work for or wear the enemy's gear or logo.. this hire is suspect

change my mind

I get your sentiments, but we need coaches that can coach. I could care less about the colors worn before you got here. That said, he is a former GT player…I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt.

I get your sentiments, but we need coaches that can coach. I could care less about the colors worn before you got here. That said, he is a former GT player…I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
I read somewhere that he never wore red while working in the cesspool. Give him credit for that at least.

Back