New DB Coach: Travares Tillman

Collins sucks. He'd rather hire his buds than the best coaches available.

What better coaches are available that are going to be a DB position coach at a 3 win program 3 years in a row? Better yet, how many DB coaches in the entire country can anyone even name?
The head coach is likely gone next year barring a miraculous turnaround and what position coach or coordinator worth their weight is gonna come to a program where their job too is most likely in jeopardy next year?

I like this hire, and like TChoice, I think it will be a good fit.

With all the new hires does that mean that CGC overvalued the staff he brought with him to GT? Or did he bring them because he was comfortable with them?
Does it mean that perhaps CGC was/is not astute with those hires & has suddenly gotten better at hiring? Or is someone else making those hires.
Don't want this to sound unfair to CGC but wondering.

I think it's probably a mix of things. He was comfortable with them, probably didn't have a big enough budget to do much better and apparently got turned down by a few first choices last time.

Overall, Michigan State's defense was not all that good, but at least their passing efficiency defense was 84th vs. our dead, freaking last, 130th.

With all the new hires does that mean that CGC overvalued the staff he brought with him to GT? Or did he bring them because he was comfortable with them?
Does it mean that perhaps CGC was/is not astute with those hires & has suddenly gotten better at hiring? Or is someone else making those hires.
Don't want this to sound unfair to CGC but wondering.
I think you are over-thinking it.

I told you guys that Thacker wasn't getting demoted. There were never any posts or articles that said anything was happening to Thacker.

Pretty sure it was said he was moving into another role on defense, cant go up

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's hard to say from his track record how well he is as a coach. He definitely knows how to play the position.

Back