New DC options

Looks like Roof is out at Oklahoma
Surprise, Surprise! I always liked Ted Roof, and I naively wanted him to stay at GT during his first DC Stint here. But, as great a player as he was, and as good a Tech Man as he is/was, I don't want to see anymore of those Leaky Roof Defenses on The Flats.

When I was watching OKU's bowl game and the camera showed Roof in the booth, I almost spit my Coca-Cola product through my nose!!

Surprise, Surprise! I always liked Ted Roof, and I naively wanted him to stay at GT during his first DC Stint here. But, as great a player as he was, and as good a Tech Man as he is/was, I don't want to see anymore of those Leaky Roof Defenses on The Flats.

When I was watching OKU's bowl game and the camera showed Roof in the booth, I almost spit my Coca-Cola product through my nose!!
I liked Ted Roof as a player. He'd definitely be one of our top 5 LB's of all time. He used to line up, standing, over center at LB every so often. As soon as the snap happened, he'd fly by past the center to the QB. It was a hell of a speed/power move.

How come all anybody talks about is Ted Roof. His teammate, Glenn Spencer has a much better track record as DC (under both Lane Kiffen and Mike Gundy). He's an asst at Wake presently. Might be worth at least a review.

How old is Roof now? 65? 70? Retirement time? Time to slow down and semi retire to some HS ball?
Exactly.

Why the öööö not just enjoy life and hang up your whistle? No hobbies or grandkids? He sure as öööö shouldn't need the money. Why put yourself through the humiliation :dunno: ?

Back