New Helmet Stripes?

Tech should simply state that all colors look differently on different materials and that the intent is to get it to match color ....

Louvers. Louvers made the '78 Camaro fast

735164.jpg
They act like multiple mini spoilers. The downforce was incredible.

Every recruiting pic I've seen this year involving the white helmets has not included the stinger stripe. Just an old school solid white helmet which looks amazing IMO.

Looks like the stripes are something that are earned

So defense is wearing the white helmets- are they the only ones earning the stripes? (cool idea, btw). Is the offense / gold helmet earning stripes? I continue to be impressed with CGC- he's really bringing fun and excitement into the program. Headed to the Legends thing today- hope the weather holds as I'm really interested to watch the practice and how he and his staff coach.

GO JACKETS!!

So defense is wearing the white helmets- are they the only ones earning the stripes? (cool idea, btw). Is the offense / gold helmet earning stripes? I continue to be impressed with CGC- he's really bringing fun and excitement into the program. Headed to the Legends thing today- hope the weather holds as I'm really interested to watch the practice and how he and his staff coach.

GO JACKETS!!
Please report back.

Please report back.

Okay- so- wow. Want to be careful not to abuse the privilege of being there- so will keep to some general perspectives.

TONS of energy. Controlled chaos or whatever they have as a slogan is pretty damn accurate! Miss a pass- push ups. Lose the drill- push ups. Don't do the assignment- yeah, you get it. Guess that's the whole "competition is king" thing. Right on.

Run between drills, in drills, from drill to drill. Love it. QBs being hit by 4 pool noodles from 2 different guys while they're calling a play to ensure focus and push through distractions. Music blasting at almost all times (it won't be quiet at Clemson- so this is great). Special teams drills mixed in between the practice periods- not just in one setting early or late- but throughout and sprinkled in. Makes you focus on everything. Full speed- even if not "to the ground" tackling- but man up, turn your hips, push through, block the guys, run through and to the spot. Whew, think I pulled a hamstring just watching it. ;-)

White (defense) helmets earn gold stripes now (not the navy before- and looks sharp!!). Gold helmets (offense) earn white stripes. Lots of passion, energy, coaching at all times. All coaches seem very positive - at least right now. Really coaching and teaching- but at very rapid pace/ enthusiasm. Maybe that's the newness of this as first practices. I don't know what this year holds for us- it will take time and definitely some roster management- but CGC and what he brings is real. Aint no faking that. LOVE having TC, Marco, Burton, Key on the field coaching. Gotta help recruiting knowing you got guys coaching you that played for the Cowboys, or at the Dolphins, etc.

I'm in- 100% in. These guys are bringing everything they got to coaching this team, getting them in shape, competing, and being the best we can put out on the field- whatever that may be. They aren't shying away from nothing- no excuses. They're gonna go 150% and throw everything they got at the opponents. It's gonna take time- but GO JACKETS!!!

Okay- so- wow. Want to be careful not to abuse the privilege of being there- so will keep to some general perspectives.

TONS of energy. Controlled chaos or whatever they have as a slogan is pretty damn accurate! Miss a pass- push ups. Lose the drill- push ups. Don't do the assignment- yeah, you get it. Guess that's the whole "competition is king" thing. Right on.

Run between drills, in drills, from drill to drill. Love it. QBs being hit by 4 pool noodles from 2 different guys while they're calling a play to ensure focus and push through distractions. Music blasting at almost all times (it won't be quiet at Clemson- so this is great). Special teams drills mixed in between the practice periods- not just in one setting early or late- but throughout and sprinkled in. Makes you focus on everything. Full speed- even if not "to the ground" tackling- but man up, turn your hips, push through, block the guys, run through and to the spot. Whew, think I pulled a hamstring just watching it. ;-)

White (defense) helmets earn gold stripes now (not the navy before- and looks sharp!!). Gold helmets (offense) earn white stripes. Lots of passion, energy, coaching at all times. All coaches seem very positive - at least right now. Really coaching and teaching- but at very rapid pace/ enthusiasm. Maybe that's the newness of this as first practices. I don't know what this year holds for us- it will take time and definitely some roster management- but CGC and what he brings is real. Aint no faking that. LOVE having TC, Marco, Burton, Key on the field coaching. Gotta help recruiting knowing you got guys coaching you that played for the Cowboys, or at the Dolphins, etc.

I'm in- 100% in. These guys are bringing everything they got to coaching this team, getting them in shape, competing, and being the best we can put out on the field- whatever that may be. They aren't shying away from nothing- no excuses. They're gonna go 150% and throw everything they got at the opponents. It's gonna take time- but GO JACKETS!!!
Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it.

There's not a single word of this not to love!

Per the piece in The Athletic today, there is no depth chart right now. There's "above the line" and not above the line. If you're "above the line", that means the coaches believe you're ready, capable and putting in the effort to play. If you make it above the line, you get stripes on your helmet. Great motivational idea that reminds me a lot of the old Black Watch days.

Back