New LB coach

giphy.gif

So we were trolled by the "Leadership Changes" and Thacker being only an LB coach.
D2 LB coach inbound. Yippee.
Clowny is at the end of his rope. No lifelines left.

So we were trolled by the "Leadership Changes" and Thacker being only an LB coach.
D2 LB coach inbound. Yippee.
Clowny is at the end of his rope. No lifelines left.

He must really “love” Thacker, cause he has linked his future to him. Personally, I think Thacker & Collins mostly ran the D last year, & the results speak for themselves.

The guy from Valdosta State left GT 6 months ago to spend one season at VSU. He’s a Geoff guy from Temple to GT. So Geoff’s is now down to calling guys in his Rolodex who took care of his dry cleaning. Hope the guy works out. I know, maybe that‘s harsh but we have addressed very little on defense.

So if a FCS OC was short of the mark, how in God's name is a D2 DC, even as a position coach, going to fare? He may very well know football and linebacker play, but going from D2 to P5 is a pretty big jump.

Oh, and Ferris State put up 58 on VSU's defense in the D2 title game.
So ... yeah.

He must really “love” Thacker, cause he has linked his future to him. Personally, I think Thacker & Collins mostly ran the D last year, & the results speak for themselves.

To remind everyone how epically bad we were:

Total Defense: 117/130
3rd Down Defense: 117/130
4th Down Defense: 91/130
Red Zone Defense: 104/130

Passing Yards Allowed: 121/130
Passing TDs Allowed: 123/130
Passing Yards / Attempt: 130/130 (to be 130 out of 130 in a category is an accomplishment)

Rushing Yards Allowed: 100/130
Rushing TDs Allowed: 77/130
Rushing Yards / Attempt: 81/130

The guy from Valdosta State left GT 6 months ago to spend one season at VSU. He’s a Geoff guy from Temple to GT. So Geoff’s is now down to calling guys in his Rolodex who took care of his dry cleaning. Hope the guy works out. I know, maybe that‘s harsh but we have addressed very little on defense.
Dude, STFU and just wait until everything is finally announced and we know what everyone's role is going to be. You & 2 or three other dipshits have gone full retard on every speculation since the last game of the season. Give it a rest and see how it plays out.

The more I think about this, because Gooof is a former DC and D coach, he believes if he let Thacker go, his personal mentee, he would be admitting he was a failure, and Gooof can’t admit that. He really lives in a alternative world he sees in his mind while he’s helping the refs mark the ball spots.
I highly doubt that.

This all goes back to the Jasper Sanks fumble. The football gods have been getting their pay back and are having a big laugh.

Sure, we’ll all get to see how it plays out (at our expense). I’m sure this buddy of Collins will be a lot better than the other Temple buddies.

Dude, STFU and just wait until everything is finally announced and we know what everyone's role is going to be. You & 2 or three other dipshits have gone full retard on every speculation since the last game of the season. Give it a rest and see how it plays out.
That would've been nice

Back