New LB coach

When first and/or 2nd moves we should have made happen after all the other ones have been made (possibly never happen), contradict the quizzical logic presented when they rolled them out, to be charitable it makes or program look very foolish. It’s pretty easy to question the competence of whoever’s running the show when damn near every move made is poor or at the very best extremely poorly timed.

Also, it actually looks pretty damn foolish steadfastly defending rampant incompetence. Ok, year 1 blah blah blah they’re learning how to coach and all the pieces they want aren’t there, year 2 we hide under the covid skirt, year 3 wtf is the excuse now? I can’t understand what some of you all see in this staff, AD and weak/inept coaches & to invest so much time defending them with extreme reaches in logic to explain what should be fairly straightforward is bizarre.

They sucked, sucked some more & followed that up by sucking. They’re going to have some magical epiphany in the 2022 off-season and suddenly become mediocre?

Liberty, it is emotional for many of these guys. They want to believe GT really can be more like the factories and compete by just recruiting better. They loved CGC’s initial sales pitch because it fits their belief system.I think some of them are afraid if they join the fact and logic brigade, they will be accepting a reality they don’t want to accept.

Maybe their beliefs could have been true in the late 90’s, but today’s big $$, player and TV driven CFB world, GT must be innovative in more areas than just recruiting to be successful. And, we need the smartest guy leading the program, no matter what his system is or is not.

Liberty, it is emotional for many of these guys. They want to believe GT really can be more like the factories and compete by just recruiting better. They loved CGC’s initial sales pitch because it fits their belief system.I think some of them are afraid if they join the fact and logic brigade, they will be accepting a reality they don’t want to accept.

Maybe their beliefs could have been true in the late 90’s, but today’s big $$, player and TV driven CFB world, GT must be innovative in more areas than just recruiting to be successful. And, we need the smartest guy leading the program, no matter what his system is or is not.
LOL. Dude, you've been one of the most emotional in the thread and you don't even know what the final staff looks like. I'll say it again. You're posting like a frigging moron.

With this move, the only likely change we'll see is that Thacker gets labeled as Co-DC and Collins as DC. Or maybe instead of Co-DC they go with "rushing defense coordinator" or some sort of alternative.

Yeah, you’d think they’d tire of crying like a bunch of little bitches. I sorta but not quite understand the “stand by your man” but how many times is the dude gonna kick you in the nuts before he öööös you until you realize he’s just an abuser?

Well, 2022 should do it. This charlatan is running out of airspeed and altitude.

LOL. Dude, you've been one of the most emotional in the thread and you don't even know what the final staff looks like. I'll say it again. You're posting like a frigging moron.

It is what it is. We don't know the final staff, but the problems appear to be at the top and we know that's not getting fixed. Everything downstream, good or bad, is going to just look like a cheap reshuffle and less of a fix. As @AlabamaBuzz noted, when you're near the bottom of every defensive category and the guys at the top say we're on the cusp, what else can be done but point and laugh at the clown show?

I actually think going for div2 or fcs coach isn't a bad move, but another temple hire has me concerned that this is a hire made because of comfort more than ability. We'll see, and hopefully I'm wrong.

crying like a bunch of little bitches
Image of Yeah, well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

It is what it is. We don't know the final staff, but the problems appear to be at the top and we know that's not getting fixed. Everything downstream, good or bad, is going to just look like a cheap reshuffle and less of a fix. As @AlabamaBuzz noted, when you're near the bottom of every defensive category and the guys at the top say we're on the cusp, what else can be done but point and laugh at the clown show?

I actually think going for div2 or fcs coach isn't a bad move, but another temple hire has me concerned that this is a hire made because of comfort more than ability. We'll see, and hopefully I'm wrong.
Yeah but that's not what they started bitching about in the early part of the thread. The bitching about who will be calling plays and the other coaching responsibilities is stupid AF when the staff hasn't even been completed; let alone the responsibilities announced.

To remind everyone how epically bad we were:

Total Defense: 117/130
3rd Down Defense: 117/130
4th Down Defense: 91/130
Red Zone Defense: 104/130

Passing Yards Allowed: 121/130
Passing TDs Allowed: 123/130
Passing Yards / Attempt: 130/130 (to be 130 out of 130 in a category is an accomplishment)

Rushing Yards Allowed: 100/130
Rushing TDs Allowed: 77/130
Rushing Yards / Attempt: 81/130

Well at least it can’t get worse

Back