New LB coach

To remind everyone how epically bad we were:

Total Defense: 117/130
3rd Down Defense: 117/130
4th Down Defense: 91/130
Red Zone Defense: 104/130

Passing Yards Allowed: 121/130
Passing TDs Allowed: 123/130
Passing Yards / Attempt: 130/130 (to be 130 out of 130 in a category is an accomplishment)

Rushing Yards Allowed: 100/130
Rushing TDs Allowed: 77/130
Rushing Yards / Attempt: 81/130
So we still have a little room to get worse. (We have to hope our offense can avg 55 points a game)

Dude, STFU and just wait until everything is finally announced and we know what everyone's role is going to be. You & 2 or three other dipshits have gone full retard on every speculation since the last game of the season. Give it a rest and see how it plays out.
Post of the day. GT only has 20K fans and 18K of them are dipshits.

Not going to pretend to know whether this is a good idea or not. When did we ever get so bent out of shape about position coaches? Look at it this way. Thack loses one responsibility.

Collins clearly believes the defense sucked because of Burton and Popovich. He may be wrong for all I know but he may be right. But y'all don't know either. You just want the catharsis of seeing Thacker pay for the suckage.

Thack has not earned a chance to have responsibilities, especially not #1 leader of D.
How about one ööööpost per thread? Or at most one per page. I read through these two pages and it’s basically just you dumpin all over this guy again and again. We get it. You expected more.

How about one ööööpost per thread? Or at most one per page. I read through these two pages and it’s basically just you dumpin all over this guy again and again. We get it. You expected more.

Glad you get it, but wish our HC got it.

He really lives in a alternative world he sees in his mind while he’s helping the refs mark the ball spots.

I'm so glad we're not the only ones who saw that and went "WTF is this idiot doing?"

The more I think about this, because Gooof is a former DC and D coach, he believes if he let Thacker go, his personal mentee, he would be admitting he was a failure, and Gooof can’t admit that. He really lives in a alternative world he sees in his mind while he’s helping the refs mark the ball spots.
I highly doubt that.
Are you saying the imbecile’s not living in an alternate world or that he doesn’t always help the refs spot the ball? It wasn’t real clear.

It seems to me that maybe instead of hiring a guy that doesn't have a lot experience, we should have reassigned either Burton or Popovich. This seems very shaky to me. Coaching against Clemson and Georgia is different than West Georgia and Ferris State.

It seems to me that maybe instead of hiring a guy that doesn't have a lot experience, we should have reassigned either Burton or Popovich. This seems very shaky to me. Coaching against Clemson and Georgia is different than West Georgia and Ferris State.

He was an analyst for us before and again, this is a LB coach. We never cared about resumes for position coaches before.

He has plenty of experience, just not at the FBS level. He’s been a defensive coordinator at multiple places across FCS and D-II. Now he’s moving up to the big show as a position coach. No reason to think he cannot handle that role based on the info we have.

I’m also very curious what other staff changes Kelly references in his tweet.

I'm saying we don't even know what the final staff move(s) are yet and half of the retards on this board are acting/reacting like the changes have all been made. Frigging morons.
When first and/or 2nd moves we should have made happen after all the other ones have been made (possibly never happen), contradict the quizzical logic presented when they rolled them out, to be charitable it makes or program look very foolish. It’s pretty easy to question the competence of whoever’s running the show when damn near every move made is poor or at the very best extremely poorly timed.

Also, it actually looks pretty damn foolish steadfastly defending rampant incompetence. Ok, year 1 blah blah blah they’re learning how to coach and all the pieces they want aren’t there, year 2 we hide under the covid skirt, year 3 wtf is the excuse now? I can’t understand what some of you all see in this staff, AD and weak/inept coaches & to invest so much time defending them with extreme reaches in logic to explain what should be fairly straightforward is bizarre.

They sucked, sucked some more & followed that up by sucking. They’re going to have some magical epiphany in the 2022 off-season and suddenly become mediocre?

When first and/or 2nd moves we should have made happen after all the other ones have been made (possibly never happen), contradict the quizzical logic presented when they rolled them out, to be charitable it makes or program look very foolish. It’s pretty easy to question the competence of whoever’s running the show when damn near every move made is poor or at the very best extremely poorly timed.

Also, it actually looks pretty damn foolish steadfastly defending rampant incompetence. Ok, year 1 blah blah blah they’re learning how to coach and all the pieces they want aren’t there, year 2 we hide under the covid skirt, year 3 wtf is the excuse now? I can’t understand what some of you all see in this staff, AD and weak/inept coaches & to invest so much time defending them with extreme reaches in logic to explain what should be fairly straightforward is bizarre.

They sucked, sucked some more & followed that up by sucking. They’re going to have some magical epiphany in the 2022 off-season and suddenly become mediocre?
That's an awful lot of dribble to type to prove you don't know WTF you're talking about.

SHHHH....wait until all the moves are made. I'm sure you'll still bitch but at least you'll look like less of a dumbass then than you do now.

I'm not defending öööö about this staff. I'm saying it to YOU and OTHERS LIKE YOU who are bitching before the staff is even finalized...and bitching about who's going to have what responsibility on defense. And that's frigging moronic.

Back