New LB coach

I think the most alarming thing, with all the HC shuffling in the P5, is where we are going to hire position coaches. Maybe it works out; but it sounds like people in the know don't want to work for CGC. He had to go with a heavy alumni presence early on, now that well has apparently run dry.

I think the most alarming thing, with all the HC shuffling in the P5, is where we are going to hire position coaches. Maybe it works out; but it sounds like people in the know don't want to work for CGC. He had to go with a heavy alumni presence early on, now that well has apparently run dry.

Huh? Daniels is a hot name and a fast riser. We took Tillman from Michigan State and Mel Tucker.

Huh? Daniels is a hot name and a fast riser. We took Tillman from Michigan State and Mel Tucker.

Yes, where they had one of the worst pass D's in the country - I have cautious optimism about Tillman, but let's don't act like we pulled a coop.

Rewatching the 2014 orange bowl, and I noticed something. Geoff Collins was out this game. Does anyone know why? (I know this is pretty off topic)

Rewatching the 2014 orange bowl, and I noticed something. Geoff Collins was out this game. Does anyone know why? (I know this is pretty off topic)

He left to be the defensive coordinator at Florida.

Fun game to rewatch. Will never forget the Waller TD, Days bumbling down the sideline for a score, and us hitting their RB so hard on an option play he puked. MSU set a passing record and we set a rushing record that game

He left to be the defensive coordinator at Florida.

Fun game to rewatch. Will never forget the Waller TD, Days bumbling down the sideline for a score, and us hitting their RB so hard on an option play he puked. MSU set a passing record and we set a rushing record that game
But did he leave before Mullen? Or did Mullen already tell him where he was going and he just went ahead and got ready to leave?

edit: nevermind I’m an idiot

If you have a choice, you don’t want to coach for someone on a hot seat. When Geoff goes in 2022, the new guy may want to bring in his own guys.

Liberty, it is emotional for many of these guys. They want to believe GT really can be more like the factories and compete by just recruiting better. They loved CGC’s initial sales pitch because it fits their belief system.I think some of them are afraid if they join the fact and logic brigade, they will be accepting a reality they don’t want to accept.

Maybe their beliefs could have been true in the late 90’s, but today’s big $$, player and TV driven CFB world, GT must be innovative in more areas than just recruiting to be successful. And, we need the smartest guy leading the program, no matter what his system is or is not.
Why aren’t you a Bama or dwag fan then? Your post is representative of every fan base other than maybe 5 schools.

Why aren’t you a Bama or dwag fan then? Your post is representative of every fan base other than maybe 5 schools.

Don't really understand your question. I am GT through and through. BEE '85

I know my school and its limitations, including limited resources - I think we have to do it differently, especially in today's CFB world, if we want to compete, and we need TOP NOTCH minds for coaches. That is all I said.

There are not many other P5 teams with a smaller fanbase or smaller budget. AND, being the only STEM school trying to compete at this level, we have a lot of obstacles. I am not of the mind that we can recruit our way to prosperity, although recruiting at a decent level of course helps, but without the coaches, it won't really matter.

PS: Do you really want to have fewer fans of our team? We have very few comparatively now.

Last edited:
Dude, STFU and just wait until everything is finally announced and we know what everyone's role is going to be. You & 2 or three other dipshits have gone full retard on every speculation since the last game of the season. Give it a rest and see how it plays out.
I don’t think it’s undue criticism to expect a major overhaul of our defense, which was as bad as its ever been, starting with the dismissal of Thacker.
Collins is putting bandaids on a carotid artery injury that is severed through and through.

I don’t think it’s undue criticism to expect a major overhaul of our defense, which was as bad as its ever been, starting with the dismissal of Thacker.
Collins is putting bandaids on a carotid artery injury that is severed through and through.
That’s how you save the patient, you let him bleed out?

Collins is an idiot and the worst we've ever had at the helm. He almost seems immune to good decisions. When he gets shown the door it might be top 25 best days ever for our program. He's terrible. Stansbury should be shown the door too for being so naive and getting sold so easily. Good lord, my niece wouldn't be so gullible

Back