New LB coach

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Maybe Collins believes in his defense and he is helping guarantee success by hiring his ex coaches who know the defense? Maybe he believes in thacker’s play calling and believes the issue is more about execution and teamwork, which he believes he is fixing.
To be as bad as we were, it’s everything. Everything is wrong.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Maybe Collins believes in his defense and he is helping guarantee success by hiring his ex coaches who know the defense? Maybe he believes in thacker’s play calling and believes the issue is more about execution and teamwork, which he believes he is fixing.
As bad as things are, I cannot dismiss this point of view.

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
Well, that seals it. It is what we thought it was, but still hoping smokey knows something big that is still left to drop on D side of ball. If not, then my reaction is the stinky pile.

I have nothing against Jason at all - rooting for him to be successful - my continued issue is with Thack earning his DC position when he has not. But, neither has CGC earned his HC position as of right now.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Let’s be honest with what really happened: CGC went looking for a DC and couldn’t find anyone willing to jump on the sinking ship. So he went with plan B, which was to keep Thacker and find a new LB coach.

cbee

Flats Noob
Let’s be honest with what really happened: CGC went looking for a DC and couldn’t find anyone willing to jump on the sinking ship. So he went with plan B, which was to keep Thacker and find a new LB coach.
Certainly plausible.

cincytechie

Jolly Good Fellow
Delusional to think that the used car salesman is magically going to bring in competent coordinators in Year 4 and turn everything around. He has no idea what he is doing. A con artist that is playing out the long con for as long as he can. Results be damned.

Last edited:

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
Delusional to think that the used car salesman is magically going to bring in competent coordinators in Year 4 and turn everything around. He has know idea what he is doing. A con artist that is playing out the long con for as long as he can. Results be damned.
But he watched Ted Lasso and it worked on that!

HCOJacket25

Varsity Lurker
Delusional to think that the used car salesman is magically going to bring in competent coordinators in Year 4 and turn everything around. He has know idea what he is doing. A con artist that is playing out the long con for as long as he can. Results be damned.
This is my opinion as well. Just like him saying "now it's time to focus on the football aspect of being a football coach".. after 3 years he has the stones to say this out loud? Its a long con for sure. Also he's been here longer than anywhere in his career. Think about it.. he has been a new position/location every 2 years. The guy knows how to interview and play the game. Its just not the game we all care about. Its the Collins game and he is a pro at it. There... I've vented enough about this dude.