Next GT head Coach

Co-head coaches - Paul Johnson and Mike Leach together combining their philosophies into one offense and one media relations plan What an interesting combination that would be. There could be some fist fights over play calling but interesting to contemplate.

WaSt has no tradition nor history and is in a forgettable location and TV Market. GT is an upgrade.

Satterfield should pay us to hire him. App St is barely removed from FCS days. GT is a huge upgrade.

Both would be happy to coach here. It'd be a huge career boost for Satterfield, currently coaching in bumöööö Daniel Boone, NC.
I think 79tech meant we aren't well respected enough to get them assuming other big time programs come after them. He wasn't comparing the App. St. and GT *programs*.

I think 79tech meant we aren't well respected enough to get them assuming other big time programs come after them. He wasn't comparing the App. St. and GT *programs*.

Yeah there is a lot of talk about Satterfield to UNC. Leach's name came up for the Tennessee opening last year. Who we can get is contingent on who else is offering, so it would serve us well to be on the market in a year in which there aren't a lot of high profile openings.

I do think people short change us, though. Admission standards are a real and significant challenge but we are in a great market and a conference that hasn't been shut out of the playoff yet, if I recall. Our division is winnable pretty much every year. We are a better job in football than we are in basketball. I'd argue it's easier to win the coastal in FB than it is to finish in the top tier of the ACC in hoops.

This is an interesting but outlier view, I think.

It is counter-intuitive and I used to feel differently, given that you only need to recruit 1 or 2 studs a year to turn a basketball program around. But I think we've seen how hard that is when you are competing with so many absolute giants and blue bloods. I just think it's easier to make a decent bowl game than it is to crack the NCAA's. I suppose we will find out, based on how our next football coaching search unfolds. Bobinski couldn't give the hoops job away, it seems. I am more optimistic about finding a good football coach.

680 just had Rusty Mansell on. They asked him about the potential of GT being in a coaching search and he said that the GT job is considered a very appealing job and he expects a number of candidates to be interested in it.

680 just had Rusty Mansell on. They asked him about the potential of GT being in a coaching search and he said that the GT job is considered a very appealing job and he expects a number of candidates to be interested in it.
Who's Rusty Mansell?

Kendal Briles and the Houston offense looked pretty impressive in their win over South Florida. Over 250 on the ground and over 400 through the air.

They have scored 40+ in every game and their only loss of the season was to Texas Tech where they scored 49.

Kendal Briles and the Houston offense looked pretty impressive in their win over South Florida. Over 250 on the ground and over 400 through the air.

They have scored 40+ in every game and their only loss of the season was to Texas Tech where they scored 49.
Houston can’t keep a coach. They seem like the #1 poaching ground for P5 schools.

I thought that was Alabama. Which makes their success even more impressive imo.
I think he meant head coaches, not assistants. Briles, Sumlin and Herman are three of their four last HC's. The fourth is a guy named Tony Levine whom they fired and who now runs a Chick-fil-A. (Major Applewhite is their current HC.)

I know a really wealthy Houston alum. They hate that they can't seem to hold on to a good coach. Herman had a 'lifetime'-type contract there, but the lure of a NC is a powerful one.

Back