No we are not in The Top 25.

Slow the roll here. We’re talking about Miami. Miami…….Known for never meeting expectations. They beat a bad UR UF team. ND went on the road and beat a ranked team. Big difference.
im just going by the eyeball test.. miami looked better to me than notre dame.. a&m shot themselves in the foot more than notre dame beat them.. is florida worse than a&m? who knows

The "ranked" team ND beat was "ranked" the same way FSU was "ranked."

Preseason rankings mean NOTHING.
ND went on the road into a hostile environment and won. Same as Miami. Agreed there. History is on ND’s side vs Mario C and Miami.

I have said for 2 weeks AP/Coaches Poll mean nothing. So you won’t get an argument out of me.

im just going by the eyeball test.. miami looked better to me than notre dame.. a&m shot themselves in the foot more than notre dame beat them.. is florida worse than a&m? who knows
And that’s perfectly fair. But Mario C is Miami’s coach with a track record of underachieving. That’s all I’m getting at.

Reality is, there shouldn’t be any polls until after week 4 when teams have played at least 3 games.

Has a team ever fallen from Top 10 pre-season to not even being listed in, “Others receiving votes” after Week 1?

ESPN has GT #25 if that helps.

For everyone waiting on the Coaches, AP Polls, they are not released until tomorrow.
11 of the top 13 teams at ESPN are SEC or Little Ten. Highest ACC school is Miami at 9. Highest Big-12 school is Utah at 14.

As far as ESPN is concerned, we are now down to two conferences. As predicted.

11 of the top 13 teams at ESPN are SEC or Little Ten. Highest ACC school is Miami at 9. Highest Big-12 school is Utah at 14.

As far as ESPN is converned, we are now down to two conferences. As predicted.
And who do you think should be ranked from the ACC? The top 2 “brands” (FSU, Clemson) have been beaten soundly through week 0, 1. NCSU (ranked ACC team struggled with an FCS school) and plays Tennessee this weekend. A chance to show everyone at home how good they are. UNC beat a Minnesota team with an offense that rivals Iowa because of 2 missed FG’s. Pitt pulled away from Kent State. VT lost to freaking Vandy.

Outside of Miami, GT, BC who else has done much of anything in week 0-1 to write home about? I think UofL will be a very good team.

Syracuse struggled with Ohio for most of the game. UVA, Duke, Cal, didn’t look very good. Stanford lost to TCU in front of a half empty stadium. SMU beat someone I’ve never heard of after a very late comeback in week 0 to beat Nevada.

The ACC has a lot to prove over the next few weeks as a league.

ESPN has no affiliation with the B1G. Fox, CBS, NBC have all B1G rights. The conspiracy theories where ESPN controls everything are getting comical. ESPN didn’t call the refs and tell them to let Vandy win, etc.

You win or lose on the field. The ACC is the only one who can control the narrative. Win more OOC games. That starts this weekend to go along with what Miami did to UF.

And who do you think should be ranked from the ACC? The top 2 “brands” (FSU, Clemson) have been beaten soundly through week 0, 1. NCSU (ranked ACC team struggled with an FCS school) and plays Tennessee this weekend. A chance to show everyone at home how good they are. UNC beat a Minnesota team with an offense that rivals Iowa because of 2 missed FG’s. Pitt pulled away from Kent State. VT lost to freaking Vandy.

Outside of Miami, GT, BC who else has done much of anything in week 0-1 to write home about? I think UofL will be a very good team.

Syracuse struggled with Ohio for most of the game. UVA, Duke, Cal, didn’t look very good. Stanford lost to TCU in front of a half empty stadium. SMU beat someone I’ve never heard of after a very late comeback in week 0 to beat Nevada.

The ACC has a lot to prove over the next few weeks as a league.

ESPN has no affiliation with the B1G. Fox, CBS, NBC have all B1G rights. The conspiracy theories where ESPN controls everything are getting comical. ESPN didn’t call the refs and tell them to let Vandy win, etc.
Utah ar 14 is ridiculous.

Anything else?

Utah ar 14 is ridiculous.

Anything else?
Why is Utah at #14 ridiculous? They are more than likely going to win the B12. There were a whole lot of Top 25 teams that played nobody U Saturday. Hell, Oregon struggled with Idaho. They should drop.

If your overall argument is Polls shouldn’t be released right now, I’m 100% with you.

Even if we beat Cuse I don’t think we know about this team until Louisville. We definitely looked good versus FSU and ok versus Gast

Why is Utah at #14 ridiculous? They are more than likely going to win the B12. There were a whole lot of Top 25 teams that played nobody U Saturday. Hell, Oregon struggled with Idaho. They should drop.

If your overall argument is Polls shouldn’t be released right now, I’m 100% with you.
Because I watch the games? Utah is better than Missouri, Tennessee and probably Miami and USC (sure you'll like that, but over the last several years USC has been ranked ahead of Utah everywhere . . . except on the field when they have played each other, where Utah is 4-0 over their last four games- LOLOLOLOL).

BTW, I never said that ESPN "controls everything." But they SURE as öööö control what teams they cover and what teams they rank.

I really didnt think I would have to explain this, but their "financial interest" in the Little Ten is called EYEBALLS. Same reason they have pimped the Domers for decades even though their last natty was during the Reagan administration. Same reason they constantly hump the Cowgirlz even though they haven't won öööö in nearly 30 years. Same reason they pimp the Lakers, and Caitlin Clark (who I happen to like), and Aaron "one-Super-Bowl" Rodgers, and even the pathetic ööööing Jests. Same reason they excessively cover every ööööing Yankees vs Red Sux game - even when they are the worst two teams in the American League Least, like last year.

There is a reason that the three biggest stadiums in college football are from teams in the Little Ten Indeed, 22 of the 25 biggest stadiums in college football are in the SEC and Little Ten. Think there might be any connection to large fan bases with a large number of eyeballs?

ESPN pimps the most popular. But most popular best.

Has a team ever fallen from Top 10 pre-season to not even being listed in, “Others receiving votes” after Week 1?
Another distinguished record for the 2024 Noles right next to

1) First ever sole possession of 17th place in the ACC
And
2) Longest streak with sole possession of 17th place in the ACC (active).

Given where we are in the season, it might be a while before anyone else can rack up 2 Ls to challenge their iron grip on the ACC’s cellar door. 60% of the conf doesn’t even play their 2nd conf game until 5 Oct.

Of the two teams that went to Ireland, one came home and took care of business. The other had two extra days and laid an egg. I like what I’m seeing from our guys.
One extra day. He let them stay an extra day in Ireland to sightsee

Because I watch the games? Utah is better than Missouri, Tennessee and probably Miami and USC (sure you'll like that, but over the last several years USC has been ranked ahead of Utah everywhere . . . except on the field when they have played each other, where Utah is 4-0 over their last four games- LOLOLOLOL).

BTW, I never said that ESPN "controls everything." But they SURE as öööö control what teams they cover and what teams they rank.

I really didnt think I would have to explain this, but their "financial interest" in the Little Ten is called EYEBALLS. Same reason they have pimped the Domers for decades even though their last natty was during the Reagan administration. Same reason they constantly hump the Cowgirlz even though they haven't won öööö in nearly 30 years. Same reason they pimp the Lakers, and Caitlin Clark (who I happen to like), and Aaron "one-Super-Bowl" Rodgers, and even the pathetic ööööing Jests. Same reason they excessively cover every ööööing Yankees vs Red Sux game - even when they are the worst two teams in the American League Least, like last year.

There is a reason that the three biggest stadiums in college football are from teams in the Little Ten Indeed, 22 of the 25 biggest stadiums in college football are in the SEC and Little Ten. Think there might be any connection to large fan bases with a large number of eyeballs?

ESPN pimps the most popular. But most popular best.
What teams “they” ESPN ranks? ESPN does not produce a ranking that are recognized. But OK. ND is ND. ESPN isn’t the only one that hyped them for as long as I can remember as well. They have always been the AP darling.

The ACC, B12 don’t have larger fanbases/stadiums is a ACC/B12 issue. Doesn’t have anything to do with the ACC having a large number of city schools/geographic area schools that don’t have large alumni/sidewalk fanbases, right? Or in some cases don’t play on-campus games (Pitt, Miami).

BC, Syracuse, Duke, Wake Forest, Pitt, SMU, Stanford, Cal, GT, Miami, UofL. Why UVA doesn’t care more about football?No idea. That leaves Clemson, FSU, UNC, NCSU, VT as the programs with the larger stadiums/fan support.

Having a league that was founded on hoops has not turned out well for the ACC in 2024.

Back