Notional 2021 Football Schedule

So why do you hate playing at Miami?

Because as a fan, the stadium is in a lousy part of town, traffic to and from it sucks, the sightlines are bad, you always get sunburned and rained on despite the partial roof they added, it’s a college game in a soulless NFL stadium, they play ööööty ranchero music at 120 dB in the stadium, and Miami fans are the most hostile and in-your-face in the ACC (like U[sic]GA fans if they were all from New York, and thought it was funny to run by you and knock your hat off). Even the vendors öööö-talk you while they walk the aisles. The fact that they sell liquor in the stadium seems to fuel the jackassery.

JRjr

If we go 3-9 then I'd expect a shakeup on the staff. CGC is safe for a few more years, but I could see coordinator changes incoming. The schedule always seems to be tough, but we need to be thinking bowl game in year 3. At some point the developmental program needs to develop players in our more deficient areas.

Because as a fan, the stadium is in a lousy part of town, traffic to and from it sucks, the sightlines are bad, you always get sunburned and rained on despite the partial roof they added, it’s a college game in a soulless NFL stadium, they play ööööty ranchero music at 120 dB in the stadium, and Miami fans are the most hostile and in-your-face in the ACC (like U[sic]GA fans if they were all from New York, and thought it was funny to run by you and knock your hat off). Even the vendors öööö-talk you while they walk the aisles. The fact that they sell liquor in the stadium seems to fuel the jackassery.

JRjr

Nailed it. Not to mention they throw stuff at our players entering and leaving, every single time. Doubt you'll ever go back there, but if you do, watch the tunnels. Dumping coke, popcorn, whatever they have in their grubby, little hands onto our guys.

Nailed it. Not to mention they throw stuff at our players entering and leaving, every single time. Doubt you'll ever go back there, but if you do, watch the tunnels. Dumping coke, popcorn, whatever they have in their grubby, little hands onto our guys.

As much as I hate it, I go every time they’ll let me. I’m die-hard like that.

JRjr

If we go 3-9 then I'd expect a shakeup on the staff. CGC is safe for a few more years, but I could see coordinator changes incoming. The schedule always seems to be tough, but we need to be thinking bowl game in year 3. At some point the developmental program needs to develop players in our more deficient areas.
Im ok with 3-9 for the next few years as long as we continue to recruit so well!

3-9 would be damn near fireable given two cupcakes and Duke/Va Tech in steep decline. With Sims and Gibbs healthy? No way man. We must win 5 or more if we have average health/luck.

JRjr
Thanks.

Hmm. It's been a few years, but I used to go there a lot never noticed anything other than the sunburns (they have lotion for that) and the traffic. Used to play loud Latin music . . . but not ranchera. Maybe that changed, but there are not a ton of Mexicans down there, compared to Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Doninicans, Nicaraguans and Venezuelans, so not sure why they would emphasize ranchera music. I think it's a nice stadium - maybe the best in the ACC when it comes to concessions and amenities. Parking has never been a problem, unlike some other places. It's also a nice, warm, place to go in early December - and in my experience, mostly sunny. Oh well, DSFDF.

What is always fascinating is we can do a deep failure mode and root cause analysis on the football program based on a single hypothetical data point.

I agree with your analysis, but like any of these it makes HUGE assumptions. What if the "cupcakes" turn out to be 2020's Liberty and Coastal Carolina? What if Duke or VT overperform? What if we have key injuries or a flood of injuries?

On paper 3-9 would be bad, but the devil is in the details. Not all 3-9 is the same.

What is always fascinating is we can do a deep failure mode and root cause analysis on the football program based on a single hypothetical data point.

I agree with your analysis, but like any of these it makes HUGE assumptions. What if the "cupcakes" turn out to be 2020's Liberty and Coastal Carolina? What if Duke or VT overperform? What if we have key injuries or a flood of injuries?

On paper 3-9 would be bad, but the devil is in the details. Not all 3-9 is the same.

Why don't we turn out to be the 2021 Coastal Carolina and put these coaching arguments behind us.

The only way 3-9 should be acceptable is if we played Alabama every game.
The AD and the entire staff should be on the hot seat if we don’t win at least 5.
What if Simms gets hurt a week before the opener and we have to go into 2021 with a true freshman? We should automatically, unequivocally clean house if we finish 4-8 in that scenario?

What if Simms gets hurt a week before the opener and we have to go into 2021 with a true freshman? We should automatically, unequivocally clean house if we finish 4-8 in that scenario?

Already assuming that Sims will be the starter. No chance of Yates or Peery winning the job in the Spring or in Fall camp, huh? They way the turnover machine played last season, I wouldn't mind seeing Yates or Peery start. I don't think they could be any worse.

Back