Notional 2021 Football Schedule

What if Simms gets hurt a week before the opener and we have to go into 2021 with a true freshman? We should automatically, unequivocally clean house if we finish 4-8 in that scenario?

Knight isn’t a true frosh.

(also that CC option post was gold).

Already assuming that Sims will be the starter. No chance of Yates or Peery winning the job in the Spring or in Fall camp, huh? They way the turnover machine played last season, I wouldn't mind seeing Yates or Peery start. I don't think they could be any worse.
You live in make believe world. 0% chance Sims is not starting and you should know that. If he keeps playing like a freshman into the season then maybe you could start talking.

yet more excuses for Gooff Collins :eekfacepalm:
You would call losing your starting QB the week of the opening game "excuses"?

I think its very clear that you simply dont have any sense of realism when it comes to this particular subject. There are things in CGC's control and there are things not in his control. You want to judge him "period" when you should judge him based on the things he controls. Its much harder to do that, yes, but if you cant do that then you are on the hot seat as a fan.

You would call losing your starting QB the week of the opening game "excuses"?

I think its very clear that you simply dont have any sense of realism when it comes to this particular subject. There are things in CGC's control and there are things not in his control. You want to judge him "period" when you should judge him based on the things he controls. Its much harder to do that, yes, but if you cant do that then you are on the hot seat as a fan.
Having an outstanding backup QB ready in case your starter goes down is definitely 100% within his control.

Having an outstanding backup QB ready in case your starter goes down is definitely 100% within his control.
it is ridiculous to think that he should have that this quickly. Sims is a true soph and was in CGC's first full recruiting class. By necessity we had to focus on his development and that necessarily comes at the expense of others. Or are you one of those retards that thinks there are no resource limitations at GT?

And, with extremely rare exceptions, only the factories actually have that, and even them not all the time.

Realized who the poster I was responding to was.

it is ridiculous to think that he should have that this quickly. Sims is a true soph and was in CGC's first full recruiting class. By necessity we had to focus on his development and that necessarily comes at the expense of others. Or are you one of those retards that thinks there are no resource limitations at GT?

And, with extremely rare exceptions, only the factories actually have that, and even them not all the time.

Realized who the poster I was responding to was.
Blah, blah, blah. Still the coach's job to have an outstanding backup QB ready - especially by year three. He recruits; he coaches. How is it NOT within his control?

Resource limitations? WTF are you talking about? Any idea? What the f@__ "resources" do you need to find and coach up a backup QB? Is this supposed to be a money thing? We are paying the coaches so much and we have so little money in the athletic department budget that we cannot AFFORD to have a good backup QB? :lol: Are you retarded? Never mind - don't answer that. If Simms cannot be turned into at least a good backup QB then that was a talent evaluation and/or coaching failure by CGC. By this coming season he should have found and coached up someone else who could do that. It really is that simple.

It is mind boggling that Dave Patenaude specifically targeted Gleason, as the perfect QB for his system yet he wasn't good enough to see more than 2 snaps the entire season not including holding on placekicks. Either Patenaude is that bad of a talent evaluator, that bad of a QB coach, or it came down from on high that if we somehow land a 4 star we are going to ride or die with that player for the sake of being able to tell future 4 stars that they will play immediately.

It is mind boggling that Dave Patenaude specifically targeted Gleason, as the perfect QB for his system yet he wasn't good enough to see more than 2 snaps the entire season not including holding on placekicks. Either Patenaude is that bad of a talent evaluator, that bad of a QB coach, or it came down from on high that if we somehow land a 4 star we are going to ride or die with that player for the sake of being able to tell future 4 stars that they will play immediately.

Idk I never saw the hype for Gleason. Think some fans saw the check mark next to the uga offer and used it as a crutch to hype up an early CGC commit.

Sims’s arm talent and athleticism were obvious from HS film.

Idk I never saw the hype for Gleason. Think some fans saw the check mark next to the uga offer and used it as a crutch to hype up an early CGC commit.

Sims’s arm talent and athleticism were obvious from HS film.
Screenshot_20210121-120335_Chrome.jpg

He had offers from schools (multiple) in the ACC, SEC, BIG 10, and Big 12 as well as G5 schools.

Or Gleason maybe couldn't beat out our other QBs in practice. I doubt Patenaude is pulling a Kirby and not starting a Heisman contender.

I tend to agree by year three we better have a backup QB who is capable. With a full spring and fall practice Peery better be ready. It is on the staff to get one ready especially if we allow Sims to run which we do.

Screenshot_20210121-120335_Chrome.jpg

He had offers from schools (multiple) in the ACC, SEC, BIG 10, and Big 12 as well as G5 schools.

Don’t think that changes my comment at all. Just didn’t see the same hype from his film. And think the reported uga offer caused a lot of that hype.

Tbh I get a similar feeling about Peery. I don’t see him pushing Sims anytime soon if at all based on his HS film. Which doesn’t necessarily mean I don’t think he’s any good or could progress. Just that I’m a lot higher on Sims than either of those two.

I tend to agree by year three we better have a backup QB who is capable. With a full spring and fall practice Peery better be ready. It is on the staff to get one ready especially if we allow Sims to run which we do.
I wasnt going to touch this, but hey why not...

From a personnel standpoint its really year 2, not year 3. For most positions that doesnt matter. Particularly all the defensive and s.t. positions. It doesnt matter at RB and matters little to none at WR. There are three positions it matters a ööööload. OL, TE, and QB. In those positions we are placing round pegs in square holes and hoping for the best WRT to anyone not a true sophomore or a freshman or a transfer.

We can gameplan around TE, but QB is what it is. Our backup is either extremely inexperienced or a guy recruited to run a very different offense.

Sims wasnt ready last year, but he had to play by necessity. Everyone behind him has a huge gap in readiness. Heck, Sims wont be ready to go this year either I predict, but we dont have the luxury of a veteran QB that has seen it all before.

JMHO.

Back